UPS people are jerks.
Mar 16, 2006 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 61

nsjong

Headphoneus Supremus
Title says it all.

They charged me $21.50 CDN for their "import fee" for items that cost me $30 CDN.

If they were reading this... they would be most likely:
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
rolleyes.gif

Well, it's just me ranting. Enjoy.

Mar 16, 2006 at 12:12 AM Post #2 of 61
Yep. Their brokerage fees are just plain stupid.

Insist upon USPS airmail, but if you need it in a hurry, Fedex is a much better option for us Canadians.

My one and only run in with UPS was for a $20 book off eBay. When they showed up at my door they wanted $19 for brokerage. I laughed in his face and sent him packing. I emailed the seller and she resent the book via USPS for free.

Mar 16, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #3 of 61
What UPS did to me once is a real charmer.

I ordered a bunch of clothes online from one of my favorite places to shop when I lived back home. I basically got an entire wardrobe's worth of stuff, including an expensive leather coat. I knew I'd pay the customs, but the exchange rate and sale was such that it was still a good deal.

Ok, fine, I get my order, and UPS confirms the customs processing with me. They send my order, I get the customs bill and pay it...

Only, the company in question screwed up and sent my a duplicate. Without confirming the customs clearence with me, UPS went ahead and processed it through customs, and it was waiting outside my door with a nice big bill in the hundreds of dollars. They refused to take it back, claiming I signed for it, when I wasn't even home, and neither was my husband.
mad.gif

I called and emailed many times to that company, and they just weren't bothered, not realizing that the free duplicate order actually cost me a bundle. Needless-to-say, it's my last time shopping there, and I still have a brand new leather coat to take over when the old one dies.

Mar 16, 2006 at 12:44 AM Post #4 of 61
i live in an apartment building in san francisco.
ups is the only service that brings packages up and leaves them at my door. usps and fedex either leave them in the lobby, or leave a slip and i have to go all the way over there and pick them up.

from my experience, ups rules
tongue.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 1:32 AM Post #5 of 61
Curious! I wonder if different countries have different import costs with the various carriers. Meaning, they may favor one or more shippers while stifling the economic growth of others within their territory. Does anyone have a definitive word on this?

Mar 16, 2006 at 1:49 AM Post #8 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils
i live in an apartment building in san francisco.
ups is the only service that brings packages up and leaves them at my door. usps and fedex either leave them in the lobby, or leave a slip and i have to go all the way over there and pick them up.

from my experience, ups rules
tongue.gif

I think the rant is for the high cost of customs/taxes UPS charges for those out of the US.
wink.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #9 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
I think the rant is for the high cost of customs/taxes UPS charges for those out of the US.
wink.gif

They dont charge Taxes, not mater who you use they charge you tax over $60. UPS charges a brokerage fee. USPS sent item go to the government customs so it cost little to nothing (most I have been charges is 5.00)

It's a frigin rip if you ask me. they ofen charge almost the same amount and the item.

Use USPS and wait a could extra days!

Mar 16, 2006 at 2:16 AM Post #10 of 61
So what else is new? I hate UPS and try to avoid them as much as possible. They are mostly all buttholes - figures - they are brown. I always try to stick to FedEx or USPS. Screw UPS.

Mar 16, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #11 of 61
The fees UPS charges us Canadians for UPS Ground imports is ridiculous:

Brokerage Fee
Disbursement Fee
C.O.D fee
and normal taxes (PST/GST) on top of that.

Like the above poster, I was charged $23 fee on something worth $30 CAD. The UPS guys are probably laughing all the way to the bank every time they process something sent to us Canadians.

Mar 16, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #13 of 61
My dad bought 4 bowling balls from ebay.

When they arrived, two of them were shattered, and we got dinged 50 bucks for something...

It was ********.

UPS said they would refund the money of the two shattered balls, but I'm not sure what happend, because now, the store we bought them from wont let us buy from them anymore.

Mar 17, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #14 of 61
never use UPS standard to Canada....never....they are BS. (unless ur purchase is less than 20CAD or CAD60 declared as gift)

Use USPS...they are the r0x0r...and sometimes the airmail parcel can be as fast as global priority mail!

Mar 17, 2006 at 8:01 PM Post #15 of 61
UPS canada SUCKS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back