Upgraditis is killing me! UE triple fi or Shure SE530!?
Apr 24, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #47 of 55
Yeah, I remember all the E2c posts about cable decay...I've never had a problem w/ my Shures in, oh, three/four years...I wouldn't make a choice based on that, tho replaceable cables are sweet. Go by your preferred sound sig....if you have a daily musical presentation you don't like, the issue over cables won't make a blind bit of difference...

And both Shure & UE have excellent warranty & customer care.

Apr 24, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #48 of 55
I just received from an head-fi'er' my shure se530… and i don't like them.
The sound is great... no saturation, very clear image a very powerfull but not "invading" bass...
Huge sound but they hurt my ear... and I really don"t feel them comfortable.. The cable is "hard", i can't easily move or turn my Head..
.I think i'll sell them to buy not in-ear headphone...(like ath es7 or grado sr225 or else) so if somebody feel to exchange them with me
I feel terribly sad...

Apr 24, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #49 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by frederic_G /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received from an head-fi'er' my shure se530… and i don't like them.
The sound is great... no saturation, very clear image a very powerfull but not "invading" bass...
Huge sound but they hurt my ear... and I really don"t feel them comfortable.. The cable is "hard", i can't easily move or turn my Head..
.I think i'll sell them to buy not in-ear headphone...(like ath es7 or grado sr225 or else) so if somebody feel to exchange them with me
I feel terribly sad...

I had the same experience more than a year ago with the GRado SR225. Man they were disapointing. They were such a big letdown that I didnt want to upgrade until recently because i thoiught after the HD555 I wasnt going to get a huge quality jump. I was wrong obviously, as there is a whole world of things to be discovered and heard after the HD555s. After some research i found out tyhat the SR225s arer considered among the most overrated cans byu a lot opf people. I think it all applies to Grado in general because i have read tyhe sr80 and i honestly think they are way inferior than the HD555. Just my perception. I was satisfied with the vmodas i bought almost a year ago too. I think they sounded pretty well and at some point i felt the differences with them and the hd555s were not all that much in tewrms of SQ, qitrh the only advantage i could find was that the vibes reacted better when i used the EQ functions of the players.

My point is that you really must try to read some reviews and be familiar with the sound descriptions that some regular posters here and elsewhere post. If somehting as important as the sound signature doesnt appeal you you are going to end up frustrated and disapointed and in some cases with money thrown away. That is why I keep reading every triple fi or SE530pth thread that is started
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #50 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no need to change your standing, I agree and I live in the U.S. And the issue isn't the cost like someone else said. There are alternatives to the camry, cars that aren't the same as washing machines; meaning cars that are fun or more interesting. Thats what I like about Europe, they drive small fun cars that are nice to drive. Here it's all about big, quality isn't even a priority just big.

Back on topic, I also wonder which is better between these two. I have the UE super.fi 3s and they are great for the price the only problem is the barrels are big and hurt a little bit, hard to get a seal also. Thats the only thing Im sure about, shures are more comfortable.

hey what a cool dude,an american that dont like america.well american cars!

na seriously i was only kiddin bout the american cars, some are pretty fresh...smelling
tongue.gif

if the barrels are big for you on the super 3's then you may have more trouble with the trips, they are a slightley bigger barrel to compensate for the dual bores, ive not had issues with the barrels tho. just the size in general.

i tell you what, if shure offered a choice of colours for their phones there would be absolutely no contest as to what would look best out of the 2, the shures bronze are deffinately a love or hate colour, what was shure thinking. i want them in deep met red, that would just be so damn sexy, same as the new Q'jays, lush ummmm. ok time to get a petition to shure!
cool.gif
who agrees

Apr 24, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #51 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey what a cool dude,an american that dont like america.well american cars!

na seriously i was only kiddin bout the american cars, some are pretty fresh...smelling
tongue.gif

if the barrels are big for you on the super 3's then you may have more trouble with the trips, they are a slightley bigger barrel to compensate for the dual bores, ive not had issues with the barrels tho. just the size in general.

i tell you what, if shure offered a choice of colours for their phones there would be absolutely no contest as to what would look best out of the 2, the shures bronze are deffinately a love or hate colour, what was shure thinking. i want them in deep met red, that would just be so damn sexy, same as the new Q'jays, lush ummmm. ok time to get a petition to shure!
cool.gif
who agrees

i see thanks for the info, yeah different colors besides white or black are always cool, I like the blue on the triple.fis a lot.

Apr 24, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #52 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i see thanks for the info, yeah different colors besides white or black are always cool, I like the blue on the triple.fis a lot.

yeh, the shures are like a bronze/gold colour, they tipped it more towards bronze tho, if it was a more goldy colour it would have been just crazy good, but they must like third place,dunno why.

the triple fi are a nice colour but again come of UE get some choice out there.

Apr 24, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #54 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeh, the shures are like a bronze/gold colour, they tipped it more towards bronze tho, if it was a more goldy colour it would have been just crazy good, but they must like third place,dunno why.

the triple fi are a nice colour but again come of UE get some choice out there.

if the shures were gold, i would not have touched them, gold, to many stereo-type links

deep red and blue on the tf 10 would be ace

Apr 24, 2008 at 11:30 PM Post #55 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by alitomr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/shu...e-poll-248730/ has made me decide for the UE triple fis. I cant believe nobody mention the cable problems as they seem to be omnipresent in every single forum I have seen since yesterday.

I am a little sad because I was poracticallyt decided for the shures, but spending 400+ for a pair of headphones that are so likely to malfunction in a relative short time doesnt cut it for me. The fact that i was going to get them for a lot les than retail price from a non authorized dealer makes it even worse. I think it's the triple fis!!! The best deal I have seen is 329.99 shipped. I am going to make the order later.

That's a very valid point. I knew of the problems and still went with the SE530 for the fit (after a while I need to take UEs out). If they break though, I'll probably consider getting the Triple.fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back