Upgraditis is killing me! UE triple fi or Shure SE530!?
Apr 23, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #31 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No but a Camry (or a Honda Accord) is about 35% cheaper and will last 200,000miles with few problems. Many Americans prefer to buy big houses instead of fancy cars.

good point, you know a honda accord is not a bad car at all actually, no offence dude it was just a tickle at you guys over the atlantic, i was looking for a hot response
wink.gif

Apr 23, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #33 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by ace8888 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shure SE530 synergies very well with my cowon X5

Wrong thread mate.....this one's about cars
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

(Ok, sorry, sorry, couldn't resist it......ahem.....back to the real thread!)

Apr 23, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #34 of 55
Firstly id go with the tf 10 if you like high end, and the se530s if you like prominent bass

i went for the tf 10 sfter trying them both at the same time

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/if-...-first-302949/

my review

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have not heard it but everything I have read tells me that the Cowon players are a little cold, analytical and emphasize the treble. This would seem to synergize well with any IEM that is somewhat warm and has rolled off highs. And of course the EQ can help even further.

on this, you say the cowon has a prominent top end, i may go for that with my tf10s, will it give more top end i wonder?

Apr 23, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #35 of 55
Hey Al4x
smily_headphones1.gif

I have an evening with a friend's D2 & my Triple Fi's coming up Saturday week. I'll let you know how they both get on...

(still prefer the rat, btw! LOL)

Apr 23, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #36 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but when we talk about earphones the only thing that can change is the sound and when the sound is as good as the triple fi or shure e500 one can only think, how much better can it get?, the answer is not much, but there are little tweaks that can make it sound better.

Well there's still other factors like size, comfort, R&D, materials, technology, etc. It would likely cost more to have the same performance in a smaller package or using different ways to generate that sound. But I agree that the higher you go, the raw performance difference becomes less dramatic.

Apr 23, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #37 of 55
This kind of threads only makes me more confused most times
smily_headphones1.gif
. The same tyhing happened to me when i decided for the vmodas.

BTW, i think it would be good to mention here how much the vmoda service sucks. I mean, Not service out of warranty equipment and suggest to pick a new one because they are ´only´ 100bucks? I feel almost robbed.

As fior the one im buying, i still dont know. It seems to me like a too close race and the sound signature I like seems to be in the middle of both. I like the warm sound of the senns as ive said, probably the shure will be really great to me, but the spark that the TFP seems to have makes me wonder...DAMMIT!! If i was going to pay retail ui´d go with the TFP no questions asked, but therre are deals that make both phones practically the same.

I´ll keep you posted on my decision.

Apr 23, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #38 of 55
Good luck & happy hunting! Cut it this way if it helps:

Bass slam/warmth/form fitting: Shure

Treble/clarity/sheer beauty (hey, I am biased!): Triple Fi.

Musicality & utter enjoyment: both.

(Funny how each IEMs colours seem to reflect their sound sig...Shure, rich luxuriant bronze; Triples, cool radiant deep blue...)

And whichever you choose between these two, you'll have a fine IEM
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #39 of 55
ya see, i got reccomended the se530 overall at the beginning, but i got too tempted by the 'other' tried them both and opted for the latter

the best way really is to try them both

i can also vouch for ue warranty, excellent

oh, stevie, ill change it back if you let me know about the test!

Apr 23, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #41 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beauty? Triple.fi? I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
tongue.gif

Hi FP
smily_headphones1.gif

Yep, I just go swimming in that lustrous metallic blueblueblue.....

biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #43 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good luck & happy hunting! Cut it this way if it helps:

Bass slam/warmth/form fitting: Shure

Treble/clarity/sheer beauty (hey, I am biased!): Triple Fi.

Musicality & utter enjoyment: both.

(Funny how each IEMs colours seem to reflect their sound sig...Shure, rich luxuriant bronze; Triples, cool radiant deep blue...)

And whichever you choose between these two, you'll have a fine IEM
smily_headphones1.gif

Very good! I would agree with that.

Apr 24, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #44 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
good point, you know a honda accord is not a bad car at all actually, no offence dude it was just a tickle at you guys over the atlantic, i was looking for a hot response
wink.gif

no need to change your standing, I agree and I live in the U.S. And the issue isn't the cost like someone else said. There are alternatives to the camry, cars that aren't the same as washing machines; meaning cars that are fun or more interesting. Thats what I like about Europe, they drive small fun cars that are nice to drive. Here it's all about big, quality isn't even a priority just big.

Back on topic, I also wonder which is better between these two. I have the UE super.fi 3s and they are great for the price the only problem is the barrels are big and hurt a little bit, hard to get a seal also. Thats the only thing Im sure about, shures are more comfortable.

Apr 24, 2008 at 1:32 PM Post #45 of 55
This thread http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/shu...e-poll-248730/ has made me decide for the UE triple fis. I cant believe nobody mention the cable problems as they seem to be omnipresent in every single forum I have seen since yesterday.

I am a little sad because I was poracticallyt decided for the shures, but spending 400+ for a pair of headphones that are so likely to malfunction in a relative short time doesnt cut it for me. The fact that i was going to get them for a lot les than retail price from a non authorized dealer makes it even worse. I think it's the triple fis!!! The best deal I have seen is 329.99 shipped. I am going to make the order later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back