Upgraditis is killing me! UE triple fi or Shure SE530!?
Apr 23, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #16 of 55
Im going to back the TF10's ... not heard the 530's, but had the TF's for a while now and they still astound me. I listen to a very wide range of music, inc rock/house/electronic/classical/motown .... all sorts. And the TF's handle every genre superbly.

The bass is tight and deep, and the highs are crystal clear.

Apr 23, 2008 at 1:57 PM Post #17 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by rabbitsfoot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with SPYRO on this. The UE's do have a slightly more apparant high end butneither will sound as sparkly as your present cans...
smily_headphones1.gif

OK. As i said, I am still very impressed with the senns HD555s quality, mostly because my only other reference is the bose QCs and those are sold for 300+ when i paid about $80 for mine. With that said, I am expecting to be totally shocked if I pay 5times what I paid for the hd555s. I am also expecting for 5x the price cans to be absolutely superior in every single aspect. If I dont find them more ¨sparky¨ the minute I put them in my ears it would be a total disapointment.

When I paying 5x more for certain thing I am thinking about a Camry and a S500 Mercedes. The difference should be obvious in every single aspect. If it´s not then I might return it.

Apr 23, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #18 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by alitomr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK. As i said, I am still very impressed with the senns HD555s quality, mostly because my only other reference is the bose QCs and those are sold for 300+ when i paid about $80 for mine. With that said, I am expecting to be totally shocked if I pay 5times what I paid for the hd555s. I am also expecting for 5x the price cans to be absolutely superior in every single aspect. If I dont find them more ¨sparky¨ the minute I put them in my ears it would be a total disapointment.

When I paying 5x more for certain thing I am thinking about a Camry and a S500 Mercedes. The difference should be obvious in every single aspect. If it´s not then I might return it.

you may be dissapointed with many high end IEMS or even headphones in that case because the sound difference very very rarely reflects the price jump.

although i have not heard the ue11, they are easily twice the price of the triple fi and shure se530 and maybe more but i would guess they arent quite twice as good. so many would argue they just aint worth it. but we all know the higher you go, you pay for the little differences not the huge improvements

Apr 23, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #19 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you may be dissapointed with many high end IEMS or even headphones in that case because the sound difference very very rarely reflects the price jump.

although i have not heard the ue11, they are easily twice the price of the triple fi and shure se530 and maybe more but i would guess they arent quite twice as good. so many would argue they just aint worth it. but we all know the higher you go, you pay for the little differences not the huge improvements

'Xactly. The law of diminishing returns. Or something. All you have to do is decide whether you value those differences enough to pay for them.....and if not, fine...your wallet will thank you, I guess. Whether your ears will is another matter
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #20 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
'Xactly. The law of diminishing returns. Or something. All you have to do is decide whether you value those differences enough to pay for them.....and if not, fine...your wallet will thank you, I guess. Whether your ears will is another matter
biggrin.gif

you said it better than me
biggrin.gif
cheers

Apr 23, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #21 of 55
Quote:

That is the case with everything. When you go up in the quality range, you pass to the luxury side of things and at that point you end up paying hefty sums for subtle changes.

To keep the automotive samples, the Mercedes S500 is not 5 times a Camry, or the Carrera GT is not 5 times a Carrera 911. The higher you go, the more you have to pay for subtle changes because thos esubtle improvements are worth sometimes millions in R&D. The point is that even when you dont get 5 times the performance, the difference has to be like day and night in most scenarios.

Apr 23, 2008 at 2:19 PM Post #22 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by alitomr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is the case with everything. When you go up in the quality range, you pass to the luxury side of things and at that point you end up paying hefty sums for subtle changes.

To keep the automotive samples, the Mercedes S500 is not 5 times a Camry, or the Carrera GT is not 5 times a Carrera 911. The higher you go, the more you have to pay for subtle changes because thos esubtle improvements are worth sometimes millions in R&D. The point is that even when you dont get 5 times the performance, the difference has to be like day and night in most scenarios.

im not sure i agree
wink.gif

i would say a carrera GT is twice as good as a standard 911, justifying its price, but we are comparing things where the difference would be obvious, because everything is different from the body to the seats to the pedals.

but when we talk about earphones the only thing that can change is the sound and when the sound is as good as the triple fi or shure e500 one can only think, how much better can it get?, the answer is not much, but there are little tweaks that can make it sound better.

i sound a little confusing dont i...go on stevie take it away
tongue.gif

Apr 23, 2008 at 2:26 PM Post #23 of 55
Cheers Jinx... (edit) you sound spot on to me!

Also (forgot to say) - alitomr: you will be comparing an IEM to a full-size can....& that can be apples to oranges, whether talking financial or sound presentation.

And lastly (! must be the coffee), what costs most does not always give most...
(& this is not a contradiction of the above)....I figure your comment on Bose taught you that.

Apr 23, 2008 at 2:30 PM Post #24 of 55
i think the thing to remember is headphones are very subjective, you will either like the sound or you wont.

its fair to say no high end earphones are better than other high end phones, thats what is great, you never really buy rubbish phones, you just might not like the sound sig.

high end phones are clearly better than cheap dynamic driver ones tho this is clearly the case.

Apr 23, 2008 at 2:55 PM Post #25 of 55
What is a Camry, anyway?

Apr 23, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #26 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is a Camry, anyway?

its what americans call a good car
rolleyes.gif
no offence americans, i am on a top notch american website afterall. but lets face it, american cars are not no beamers

Apr 23, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #28 of 55
Quote:

rolleyes.gif
no offence americans, i am on a top notch american website afterall. but lets face it, american cars are not no beamers

Thanks for the info!

ps....got your flamesuit ready?
wink.gif

Apr 23, 2008 at 3:20 PM Post #30 of 55
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

No but a Camry (or a Honda Accord) is about 35% cheaper and will last 200,000miles with few problems. Many Americans prefer to buy big houses instead of fancy cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back