Upgrading from UM2. Dilemma of the week is choosing UM3X or IE8
May 8, 2009 at 7:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

Die Roboter

New Head-Fier
I'm very very satisfied with UM2, they're really comfortable (i sleep listening), cable is still in one piece, and they sound absolutely great.
But i would like to hear "more". So after reading some threads, i'm interested in IE8 and UM3X.

I listen mostly lounge, freakfolk, electro and such. Bass is not important to me.
Im more into clear vocals and details.

Comfort is a must, durability also.

What would you pick? Or surprise me with your suggestion :]

May 8, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 58
X2, UM3X is probably the choice. More comfort, detail, and vocal clarity.

May 8, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #5 of 58
x4

Agreed. For what you're looking for the vocals of the UM3X are more up front and just as smooth as the IE8's. The UM3X are more balanced - but mids would be their strong suit if I had to pick one based on sound. Much easier to get a seal with and more comfortable than the IE8's.

May 9, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #9 of 58
I wanted a new pair of IEMs and ordered the UM3X. Reading about the IE8, it sounded like it had too much bass for my tastes. Now I get to wait for them to arrive.
triportsad.gif

May 9, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #10 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about UM3X with classical and jazz (but not necessarily vocal)?

That's pretty much all I listen to. I think they are pretty good for that. Just keep on mind that IEM's won't sound like full size cans.

May 9, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #11 of 58
I just got mine (UM3x) the other day and was the proud owner of UM2s until last year. I would say that they are a VERY worthy upgrade to the UM2 and I have yet to find a genre of music that isn't helped by their balance and clarity.

I must confess though that they sound at the peak with acoustic, jazz and vocal-heavy music. They are well worth the extra coin.
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #13 of 58
X13 .. I had UM2 for a while and loved it and recently upgraded to UM3x. It does everything better than UM2 and you will love it

May 9, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #14 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by jyle_t /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you like UM2, you should like UM3X, they're similar sounding.

Yep I agree, I went from UM1 to IE8 and was pretty disappointed due to the totally different sound and well, didn't suit the music I listened to.

Get the UM3X!

May 9, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #15 of 58
am i .......x 14!?

I believe WM3X will do better in vocal, seperation and placement, little lag a a bit in soundstage. Bass is no doubt much better in IE8

That was why I took a plunge yesterday, waiting for it now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back