Upgrading from Senn HD238's
Jun 22, 2012 at 2:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jj94

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I've been gone from the audio scene for a while. My Denon C710's broke, I bought a pair of HD238's as a quick replacement, and then I just kind of drifted away from audio for a bit. I'm going off to college in August and would really like some good IEM's to go with me. I've been looking around and a lot of new stuff seems to have come out. Even so, I'm still looking at the SM3 v2 (I was really interested in the 1st gen. SM3 a while back). I loved the bass of the C710's, though sometimes it was excessive. The mids could have been a bit more pronounced and the treble a lot more smoother. The HD238's are a bit muddy compared to the C710's, though the mids are better and the treble is a lot smoother, though not very clear. I listen to a lot of hip-hop and rap with a bit of classical thrown in here and there. I've been getting into dubstep/house/electronic recently too, but I think I'm just searching for a good all rounder. I listen to far too many genres and styles of music to be able to target a pair of IEM's that are perfect for a single genre. Would you guys say the SM3 is a good choice for me, or would you recommend something else? I'd like to keep the price below $400, but optimally around $200-$300, and I am open to buying used. Thanks!

Jun 25, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #4 of 4
A "Jack-of-all-trades" ehh.. Have you considered the VSonic GR07? 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back