Upgrading from ath-m50! Need advice/help
Nov 25, 2012 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Jcolon

Head-Fier
Hello there!
I am looking for a new upgrade for my ath-m50's.
I was looking for something that is an all-round good set of can's.
I am more into dubstep or more like liquid dubstep, electro, house, trance type of music.
But they have to work with all other types since I like to switch up too (Except country music)

I thought the Denon 2k's would fit the bill. But finding them is quite hard these days and they can get expensive. I would prefer them used since 450+ for me right now is a bit out of the question for me. Ive seen a couple used for 270$ but are there some "better" headphones that fit the bill and actually affordable or better quality(less that 270$)(preferable in CAD but not necessary)? 

Nov 25, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:
Hello there!
I am looking for a new upgrade for my ath-m50's.
I was looking for something that is an all-round good set of can's.
I am more into dubstep or more like liquid dubstep, electro, house, trance type of music.
But they have to work with all other types since I like to switch up too (Except country music)

I thought the Denon 2k's would fit the bill. But finding them is quite hard these days and they can get expensive. I would prefer them used since 450+ for me right now is a bit out of the question for me. Ive seen a couple used for 270$ but are there some "better" headphones that fit the bill and actually affordable or better quality(less that 270$)(preferable in CAD but not necessary)? 

It would help to know what source(s) your plugging the headphones into?
(DAC & Amp?)

Nov 25, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #3 of 7
Hey! Well my source is either my laptop, my sony 900w amplifier or a JDS labs cmoybb v2.03 rechargeable connected to my phone. Other than that I have no DAC.

In the future I am probably thinking of getting the O2 (Objective 2) (Not sure if I will get the O2/DAC combo).

I hope this helps you.
Thanks for your time!
J.

Nov 25, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #5 of 7
Maybe DD (Dac Destroyer), USB DAC, they sell on eBay, sometime the winning bid is under $60, use it with your laptop and use the cMoy BB as the amp. with everything.
Maybe Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro 250-Ohm (semi-open) headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back