Upgrade Time. $300~ price range.
Mar 7, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

How do your Mad Dogs compare to the D2000, K701, and DT770?

yes, I want to know this as well!!! mad dogs are closed tho, so it might end up being unfair lol.

Add HE-400 to that list if you've tried them? :)

how UN-portable are the Mad Dogs?? If someone owns them & can take pictures of it next to something for comparison that would be pretty cooolio.

...also, so hypothetically what other closed headphones would you consider to be better than the Mad Dogs? (at the same price range and/or not regarding price range)

Mar 7, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:
They sound better then all my other closed, between them and the k701 the MD match them but have much better bass response so it sounds more complete to me. The k701 are great though and have that nice wide airy feel. I have not really found a closed can that is better right now these are more comparable to open phones in sound and quality. Have never heard the he400. If you go into the mad dog thread I took a picture next to the k701 and shure440.

Do they have better sub bass extension than D2000 and DT770? How about the mid range compared to K701?

Mar 7, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #19 of 24
I think the Mad Dogs could work as a portable if you don't mind looking retro. They're big and look antiquated in a cool sort of way.

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:
similar hard to tell right now as I'm not powering these as well right now due to my main amp breaking. Mid range is similar to the k701 a tad less clear in comparison but will see after break in and amped up better. I
With the basic amp these still sound good I find these harder to drive then the k701 in terms of how much juice they need but neither are difficult.

what amp would you recommend pairing with the Mad Dogs & how does it affect the sound??

does the earcups on the mad dogs adjust in any way? it definitely doesn't fold right?

ahaha sorry for being curious george over here.

Mar 8, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:
So I've been going back and forth on the whole thing and now I have pretty much thrown the m-100 out of the window at this point, not that theres anything wrong with the headphones but that I feel there are better choices at this point (Truth is that friend of mine has a pair of the m-100 I found out and he let me test them for a day and the pads were to small (I know the xl pads are going into prototype soon) and the bass impact seemed off on a lot of my music) . That being said I really just cant convince myself to pull the trigger on the mad dogs, Im sure their amazing headphones but something is steering me away from them. I appreciate all the support you guys give them but I just don't think they'd be right for me.

Right now I am really leaning hard toward the Beyerdynamic side of things and going with either the 770 250 pro, 770 LE 32 pro, or the 990 250 pro. Obviously if I get one of the 250 ohm headphones I am going to need to get an amplifier as well and since these won't be for portable use really I was wondering which would be my best choice for amp (E10 or E07K in terms of being able to power the 250 ohms). From what I've seen the 880's are more on the balanced side of things but I still want to have a good bass impact against the side of my head while being able to still have present mids/highs for different genres that aren't as bass heavy. I am fine with getting an open headphone since the soundstage is going to be a fun thing to experience but was just wondering how the 770's measured up to the 990 and also looking for the amp advice. Any thoughts? 

I would also like to hear comparisons betwen the different Beyers & how they stack up against the Mads Dogs or M100s :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back