Upgrade? Help! Want to let my HD595 fly without upgrading my amp...
Sep 8, 2010 at 11:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

malalol

New Head-Fier
Good day, fellas. Lately the upgrade worm is twitching again inside my brains. Now I'm drooling like a zombie over the possibility of upgrading my HD595 into something else.

The problem is: I'm on a budget! I'm planning on selling my HD595 to cover part of my new purchase, so I don't want to upgrade my D4 Mamba yet.

Long story short, I need recs on a low impedance headphone, which can be properly "pushed" by the D4, better than the HD595. I'm looking for good/great sound stage, and a little bit more of bass is a plus. I listen mostly to rock, some metal and some jazz.

Regards

Sep 9, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #3 of 9
Maybe $400,00. But I'm looking for something in the next step that does not require tough amps, and I'm not sure what prices to expect, so hit me with anything that fits my description.

Sep 9, 2010 at 8:35 AM Post #4 of 9
Well there is the HD 600 and HD 650, all in the family as your HD 595.

If not Beyer would be great alternative too. But both maker produce very different sound. Beyer cans such as the portable T50p.... at 32 ohm is easy to drive. or you may consider DT-880, DT-990, both comes with 32/250/600 ohms.

The above mentions are great headphones, so it is a matter of personal choice.

For your preference of music, you may like to consider the T50p and the DT-990 more seriously. It is great for Jazz and Rock music..  Bass is great on both. They are exciting phones.  

The good thing about DT-990 or the T50P is that they are for keeps when you upgrade your amp at a later stage. Pairing with higher end amps with the beyer would give you more listening pleasure of course. However, the DT-990 would provide more amp pairing choices since it comes with various ohm choices.

I pair my DT-990 with the LD Mk IV se. There is the Wa3 and the Valhalla too.

Sep 11, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #5 of 9
How does the 990 compare to the T50p? The price gap is quite big... Also I would prefer circumaural cans instead of supra-aural ones.

I'm looking forward for more recs, if there are any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back