Upgrade from the famed Monoprice 8330
Aug 5, 2013 at 12:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

moonmaster345

New Head-Fier
These headphones have been amazing to me, indestructable, sound quality is good comparing to my old Sennheisers, and im considering an upgrade from these bad boys, specifically in the $50-$85 dollar range in the Miami FLorida area, but i can buy online.

Ive been thinking of some audio technicas, the M20-M40 series but i don't low how they handle as they are studio only i believe, and i don't want to buy a DAC yet.
Maybe even the Sony XB500 or the V6's.

I really like a punchy bass without distortion, but i sometimes need to lower it to enjoy my indie rock/ trance music.
So really an All Arounder like the 8330's would be great.any recommendations?

Aug 5, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #2 of 6
To me. my best headphone for under $100 is the Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80).
Sometimes on eBay the HSR-1000 sells for $50.

Aug 5, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
These headphones have been amazing to me, indestructable, sound quality is good comparing to my old Sennheisers, and im considering an upgrade from these bad boys, specifically in the $50-$85 dollar range in the Miami FLorida area, but i can buy online.

Ive been thinking of some audio technicas, the M20-M40 series but i don't low how they handle as they are studio only i believe, and i don't want to buy a DAC yet.
Maybe even the Sony XB500 or the V6's.

I really like a punchy bass without distortion, but i sometimes need to lower it to enjoy my indie rock/ trance music.
So really an All Arounder like the 8330's would be great.any recommendations?

I wanted the same thing. I saw their "Premium Bluetooth" headset, and I really liked them. I liked them more than the 8323.

I found out the OEM maker is "Bluedio", and they have a newer version of the headset with Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, and Apt-x. It has a headphone amp built in for Bluetooth. It has TONS of punchy bass, laid back mids, and clear highs. They're $96 on aliexpress, and I think they are underrated sleepers. I haven't seen apt-x headphones anywhere near that price.

Aug 5, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #5 of 6
Another factor would be sound isolation, the 8323's have been excelent in isolation, but the bads have cracked on mines and they aren't as tough as they used to, those premiums look great, and for that price, but im skeptical about them being just another Beats Studio clone, but Monoprice is known to make solid electronics, what's your take on the Premiums?

Aug 5, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Another factor would be sound isolation, the 8323's have been excelent in isolation, but the bads have cracked on mines and they aren't as tough as they used to, those premiums look great, and for that price, but im skeptical about them being just another Beats Studio clone, but Monoprice is known to make solid electronics, what's your take on the Premiums?

Isolation is much better. Very good passive noise cancellation. Sounds much better than the old Beats Studio.

Needs a headphone amp if you use the line-in cord, otherwise the SD-card and Bluetooth use a built in (very nice, no noise, headphone amp).

I really liked them, but I got the upgrade below and like them even more. I haven't even gotten apt-x working yet (CSR driver issue), and it sounds fantastic.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Red-White-Black-Bluedio-R-NFC-Bluetooth-4-0-Headset-Wireless-Headphone-Earphone/1150772046.html

http://bluedio.com/detail-produit_c.php?ref=567

Users who are viewing this thread

Back