upgrade from ER-4P ?
Apr 5, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #16 of 33
I wonder if the SR-001 could be safely modded into a supra-aural configuration like ATH-ES7 and similar...

/offtopic

Apr 5, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #17 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by labrat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And where did you read any reference to "isolation" in the post?
These "portable" headphones does not isolate at all!
But the sound is great beeing used with the headband, and not moving around too much!
The user manual does mention that the SR-001 MK2 can be used as ear-plugs.
They do not go very far inside your ears, and they certainly does not stay inside your ears without the headband beeing used!
Unless you do not move at all!
Not even compared to the original iPod ear-plugs would I refer to them as InEarMonitors!

Give me a definition of an IEM then, since you seem to have one in mind.

Apr 6, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #19 of 33
iem's = In Ear Monitors?
That's what I thought, and those that only go slightly into your ears are called canalphones

Apr 6, 2008 at 1:28 AM Post #21 of 33
Apr 6, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #22 of 33
Apr 6, 2008 at 7:59 AM Post #24 of 33
An upgrade from ER4P... I'd go for some Westone 3s...
rolleyes.gif

Sometime in the next few thousands of years...

Apr 6, 2008 at 1:59 PM Post #25 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Triple Fi 10
Klipsch Image
Sleek SA6

IN that order. Tested them all,kept Triples, Image not rounded or deep or "full" enough, and thinking about reordering Sleeks now that I know I can use Comply tips with them (didn't like the Sleek tips)

Any one of them are a step above Ety4p, just depending upon how large a step you want to take.

And I still own my Etys, altho not used as much now that Ihave theTriples

Quote:

Originally Posted by KUNFUCHOPSTICKS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Upgrade FROM ER-4p? I thought i misread this thread?!

For those of you that have the ER-4p and other more expensive IEM know there isn't an "upgrade" from the ER-4P. There is a balance of what you sacrifice when you "move-up" (Price doesn't equal sound quality.) For example: You go to triple-fi, from research, most people say you loose detail compares to ER-4p but gain bass. Kilpsch Image? I doubt it will have same detail as ER-4p. So this thread is better titles: "Something other than ER-4p."

I think the two posts above sum things up nicely. No one person can qualify one over the other. It depends on taste. If you have the ER-4's, you've already reached Nirvana. It's human nature to want to improve on that, but it will be a tough task.

Apr 6, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #26 of 33
instead of an 'upgrade', why not get some moulds done to remove the main potential negative from the er-4p equation? it seems to me the only gripes people ever have with them are:

- difficulty/inconsistency in achieving a seal
- dissatisfaction with their bass (personal taste, a by-product of the seal problem, or some combination of both)
- more rarely, discomfort after listening for long periods

a decent set of moulds takes most of that out of the equation and adds to the noise attenuation, no?

just a suggestion and i'm in no way an expert
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 6, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #28 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by royhendo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh, and also the microphonics thing I guess...

Routing cable around ears and using clip shirt eliminates pretty much all microphonics. I insert them upside down when routing cable this way.

Apr 12, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by CareyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone bought one of these?

I got the one from awwan. It does what it should and the resistors are well matched, according to my multimeter.

Apr 12, 2008 at 7:30 PM Post #30 of 33
I did notice that my left ear gets a somewhat better seal than my right ear.

But, it could be the music I was listening to. Anyone know a jazz album which gives a perfect balance sound (weird question, but I know little about jazz. I always feel that the sound either come from left or right side, nothing in the front) ?

The cable is very very annoying. Does APuresound cable completely eliminated the microphonic problem ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back