upgrade from ER-4P ?
Apr 5, 2008 at 6:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

kodreaming

500+ Head-Fier
I think I will stick with IEM for the next little while.

I truly love the sound of ER-4P... What would be a potential upgrade from ER-4P ?
rolleyes.gif

Apr 5, 2008 at 7:10 AM Post #4 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by kodreaming /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The upgrade is minor.. I don't think I will be able to tell the difference...

So you admit to never hearing it, but you know that the difference is minor?
rolleyes.gif

Also, the ER4S wouldn't quite work in your case anyway, because you'd be running it straight from a DAP; very rarely does it sound its best that way.

You may want to look at the UE triple.fi 10 Pro as an "upgrade" to the ER4P/S. That's what it felt like to me.

Apr 5, 2008 at 11:50 AM Post #5 of 33
Triple Fi 10
Klipsch Image
Sleek SA6

IN that order. Tested them all,kept Triples, Image not rounded or deep or "full" enough, and thinking about reordering Sleeks now that I know I can use Comply tips with them (didn't like the Sleek tips)

Any one of them are a step above Ety4p, just depending upon how large a step you want to take.

And I still own my Etys, altho not used as much now that Ihave theTriples

Apr 5, 2008 at 7:00 PM Post #8 of 33
Upgrade FROM ER-4p? I thought i misread this thread?!

For those of you that have the ER-4p and other more expensive IEM know there isn't an "upgrade" from the ER-4P. There is a balance of what you sacrifice when you "move-up" (Price doesn't equal sound quality.) For example: You go to triple-fi, from research, most people say you loose detail compares to ER-4p but gain bass. Kilpsch Image? I doubt it will have same detail as ER-4p. So this thread is better titles: "Something other than ER-4p."

Apr 5, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #14 of 33
How about a new cable for your ER4 from Apuresound. There is along thread on here about the cable. It's not cheap ($180 and up) but if you like the Ety sound and still want to upgrade, this is an option. You can pick either a P or S cable when you order.

Mine is on order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back