Upgrade from Denon d2000 to d7000 or he-500?
Feb 22, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #16 of 19
Heya,

If you want to compare leaking in the open-air world, the crown is Grado. Nothing leaks as much as a Grado. Grados are audio sieves. I find Beyers to leak the least in the open-air realm. So Grado to Beyer is my scale of massive leak to least leak for opens. Everything else seems to fall between them. Though I just don't really see any real need to know how much something leaks when it's open-air, it's pretty much going to leak no matter what, it's open, so knowing if it leaks more or less, well, kind of a non-issue--it will leak. If leaking is truly an issue, one should explore closed-back headphones. I for example adore closed back because I don't like hearing house noise (fans, AC, talking, car noises outside, stomping, cabinets shutting, clicking in my keyboard, etc; I love isolation... just you and the audio).

Very best,

Feb 22, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #17 of 19

Quote:
My post was more directed to the guy above you, because it sounds like he was complaining on the fact that an open headphones supposed to leak.

Anyway, cheers!

Try reading my whole post including what the OP asked.  He stated that he heard the Denon's leaked and asked if the Hifiman leaked more.  I think my post pretty much answered that.  The Denon's leak is minimal compared to the Hifiman.  Hence why I stated "I owned the HE-300 and it leaked a LOT more then my Denon D2000".  In no way did I complain

What would head-fi be though without people to make inane comments and derial the threads of individuals looking for advise. 

Feb 22, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #18 of 19

My bad. But the point is stated in the Mal's post. Open headphones are supposed to leak, that's a given.
Quote:
Try reading my whole post including what the OP asked.  He stated that he heard the Denon's leaked and asked if the Hifiman leaked more.  I think my post pretty much answered that.  The Denon's leak is minimal compared to the Hifiman.  Hence why I stated "I owned the HE-300 and it leaked a LOT more then my Denon D2000".  In no way did I complain

What would head-fi be though without people to make inane comments and derial the threads of individuals looking for advise. 

Mar 30, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #19 of 19
I'm thinking of exactly the same upgrade as the OP (I currently own the D2000s). For those that own some or all of the Denons and the HE-500 how would you say they compare in terms of comfort?

I should say that I know that the Denons are considered to be very comfortable and I would expect the HE-500 to be less so but, accepting that individual experiences will vary, can you give an idea of what we're talking about here? For example, I would say that I could listen through the D2000s for hours...if you can say the same about your Denons, how does the HE-500 compare in terms of comfortable listening period.

Any opinions would be very helpful in choosing which way to jump.

Thanks 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back