Upgrade from Brainwavz M2?
May 4, 2011 at 9:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

SkinnyPuppy

500+ Head-Fier
About a month ago I bought some M2s and I am enjoying them. Now my main question is "what is better than these?". I was thinking maybe the RE0s or the M3s. I listen to mostly Industrial, Trance, Dubstep, DnB, Rock, and other similar genres. Any reccommendations?

May 4, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #2 of 16
A logical recommendation is the M3.  Not sure if the RE0 is for you, they're a little weak on the bass and may not be great for dubstep, trance and other electronic music.

What's your price range for this?

May 4, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #3 of 16

Quote:
A logical recommendation is the M3.  Not sure if the RE0 is for you, they're a little weak on the bass and may not be great for dubstep, trance and other electronic music.

What's your price range for this?

Under $100 USD. Probably going to pick up the M3, but I read something a while ago about an RE0 with much better bass.

May 4, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #4 of 16

Quote:
Under $100 USD. Probably going to pick up the M3, but I read something a while ago about an RE0 with much better bass.

The bass may be higher quality, but it's not very prominent.  Again, probably not the best choice for the genres you've stated - maybe the RE-ZERO would do better, but it sells for exactly $100 so I'm not sure if your price range includes that.

May 17, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #8 of 16
I have both the Brainwavz M2 and the first version of the Sunrise SW-Xcapes.

I think they are very different from one another.

The M2 have a 'fun' v-shaped sound with bass emphasis as well as treble.

The Xcapes have a very detailed sound, clarity is very good, bass is there, but not as prominent as the M2's.

May 17, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #9 of 16

Quote:
I have both the Brainwavz M2 and the first version of the Sunrise SW-Xcapes.

I think they are very different from one another.

The M2 have a 'fun' v-shaped sound with bass emphasis as well as treble.

The Xcapes have a very detailed sound, clarity is very good, bass is there, but not as prominent as the M2's.

And the M3s almost fit squarely in the middle of the two...which is why I recommend them.  :)

May 17, 2011 at 5:33 AM Post #10 of 16
Mind you bass emphasizes is plentifull on the Sunrise SW-Xcape Impressive Edition. I listen to a lot of electronic music and it the bass is thoroughly satisfying. Details and the rest of the spectrum are also impressive, I suggest you read into Jokers review of these! Good luck.

May 17, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #14 of 16
You want a shop beside ebay? Is there a reason for that?
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back