Upgrade after UE 700
Oct 24, 2011 at 12:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

toadddd

New Head-Fier
I have been using UE 700 for a while. Listening to a variety of music (pop, rock, jazz, etc.). Any suggestions on what might make sense as an upgrade? Your help is appreciated !

Oct 24, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #3 of 14
Sony EX1000, UM3x, Westone 4, PFE232 and RE272.

Oct 25, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #7 of 14
I highly recommend the GR07. Well within your budget, and an excellent all rounder, fit for just about any genre. I honestly feel that any and all head-fi'er considering mid to high end universals should own a pair of GR07's at some point down the line, they're just that good. And yes, it's as versatile as one could ask for. 
smile.gif

Oct 25, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:
I have been using UE 700 for a while. Listening to a variety of music (pop, rock, jazz, etc.). Any suggestions on what might make sense as an upgrade? Your help is appreciated !

Klipsch X5 or X10
Final Audio Design: Heaven A or Heaven S
Grado GR10
Shure 425 or 535
and many many more

Oct 28, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #11 of 14
I've never been disappointed with my Westone 3s, 4s, or UM3Xs. Coming off the UE700s, the UM3Xs will give you more bass depth, will have similar comfort, and is the more affordable alternative to the W4s.

Oct 29, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #12 of 14
AT CK-10

Oct 29, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #13 of 14

Quote:

ive been a ue700 fan for quiet some time now...
its been with me for almost more than a year.
and i strongly believe this iem is alot more "manly" than the famous tf10.

what i find most entertaining and fun right now is the CC51 iem by mee.
believe it or not, the sound is incredibly crisp, it sizzles, and the soundstage, imaging, timbre, natural sound of instruments is up there, among the top tiers.

it is more detailed and more balanced sounding the the ue700, or any ba or dynamic drivers ive used and tried. (this is a micro driver iem)
this is just my findings.
i dont know...
but this is how i feel.

the lively feel and 3d effect is a lot more better in the cc51, than the ue700.
its more spacious, more layered in details, specially in mids (not as thick as the sm3, which maybe bad at times or maybe good depending on tracks and the ears of the listeners)

ive had many iems before:
sm3, fx700, ortofon eq7, panasonic hje900, moshi vortex, klipsch s4,(i made reviews to each one of them) and some iems that ive tried from meets in the philippines (headphiles)(monster coppers, um3x, gr07, etc).

...but i havent heard something close or something like the cc51.
this iem will impress you!
its definitely something, and can stand on its own by the way it sounds.

the cc51 will make you feel the sound.
the instruments.
the vocals are nicer and right.
more or less better than the fx700 or maybe same or close.
its intimate at the same time, with the same quality as the timbre of the fx700.
but height and width, and the headphone sound of the fx700 is unmatched, still.

i maybe in a hype mode right now, but definitely, this is the single iem i'll choose among those long list of pricey top tiers or anything at the same price point as this.

the cc51 is something you should consider.
if you read reviews about this iem, youll know how good this iem sound.

the cc51 maybe cheap in price and build.
but the sound is something that would make you feel your music in an engaging manner.

the ue700 is sweet, lively, engaging, but the cc51 is more wholesome, more fuller, more extended in highs, lows, clarity, details and everything.

this is from a former ue700 user.

Oct 29, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #14 of 14
ATH-CKM99 (US$200,00) - http://www.audio-technica.co.jp/products/hp/ath-ckm99.html

or

JH5 (US$400,00) - http://www.jhaudio.com/product/jh5-pro-custom-ear-monitor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back