Updated: HifiMAN HM-801 Portable Music Player Preorder
Jan 29, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #1,126 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tidus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People help me...hifiman dont accept my card. Tehn i try usb dac and coax dac but nothing...no sound.

what i do wrong???

if the card is Class 6, there might be a problem. Try Class 4 card. Kingston has a good record with HM-801. Leave some free space on the card (approximately 10%).

For coax and USB: stupid question, but have you set those switches on the right side to USB and coax position?

Try line-out to see if it's problem with hifiman or purely headphone out.

Or simply try to recharge it first.

OK, I'm running out of ideas.

Jan 29, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #1,127 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tidus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
when i turn it on. For example:

USB DAC mode turn on, then turn off and i see menu. is it correct?

for coaxial its the same.

I believe it's not OK. It should stay in "USB mode". Happened to me yesterday, when I was switching from USB to Player (card) mode with Hifiman connected to PC. Hifiman got stuck and neither mode worked.

Reset it.

Jan 29, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #1,129 of 1,469
boot time is fine if you don't take the card out or connect it to the computer... because if you do any of those, even if you have made no changes to the onboard/sd card, it'll still do its updating procedure which takes about 30 seconds... but, once you're done and you just leave the SD card in, it boots pretty quick

Jan 29, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #1,130 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm also using 32 gb Kingston class4 works flawlessly also idk what people are talking about boot times mine about 8 seconds with 18gb on the card.

i'm using a 16gb PNY and a 16gb Kingston card both about 90% filled and boot time is around the same as yours at 7 or 8 seconds. If every one has the same firmware then perhaps the brand of card or the amount of free space on it is causing the wide variance in boot times
confused.gif

Jan 29, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #1,131 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
boot time is fine if you don't take the card out or connect it to the computer... because if you do any of those, even if you have made no changes to the onboard/sd card, it'll still do its updating procedure which takes about 30 seconds... but, once you're done and you just leave the SD card in, it boots pretty quick

I have a 32 GB Kingston card and even if I do not take the card out it takes 2-3 minutes to boot up.

Maybe my SD card is too full?

Jan 30, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #1,133 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirmalanow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a 32 GB Kingston card and even if I do not take the card out it takes 2-3 minutes to boot up.

Maybe my SD card is too full?

My card was too full. I had about 29 GB on there. I reduced it to 24 GB and now as long as I don't take the card out, the 801 boots up in about 8 seconds. Whew! That is better than 3 minutes! (It is a class 4 card)

And as another benefit, now the 801 remembers the last song played. In fact it booted up and immediately started playing where the song last left off. I guess a lot of the bugs I was experiencing are due to the card being too full. I don't know what is the most it will work well with, but 29 GB was definitely too much.

Jan 30, 2010 at 2:45 AM Post #1,134 of 1,469
I just tried hooking up a Dakiom fm273 Stabilizer for headphones to the Hifiman and so far I like the effect. The 801 has so much detail that at times it can be a bit bright, especially with the phones I use which are also very detailed (MD5000 and REO). The Dakiom smooths the sound in a very nice way. One sign of the smoothness is that I can listen a little louder without cringing. And yet I hear no loss of detail.
The effect is there with either my MD5000 or REO. A nice little tweak so far.

Jan 30, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #1,135 of 1,469
1.The SD card is pulled out.
2.It turns on power and it waits for two seconds.
3.The SD card is put.
4.The logo of "HifiMAN" is displayed.

It is possible to listen to continuation with the SD card.

ver.0.08(2009-10-26)
A-DATA 32GB CLASS6 SD card

Jan 30, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #1,136 of 1,469
HM-801 Arrivaled!!
s-IMG_1340.jpg

It is a very wonderful sound!I was impressed by this sound.

But HM-801 has a too high gain for custom IEM!!!
I expect that HM-801 will be improved by an amplifier module about this problem.

My custom IEMs are JH13pro and Fidelity Triples.

Jan 30, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #1,137 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron Friedman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am selling my Batch 3 HM-801 that is 3 days old. It is a bit big for my purposes.
I am asking $650 thru paypal and will include free shipping. Anyone intereseted please contact me via email aarXonXfrieXdmaXnmXail@Xom

I think, you can return it to HeadDirest, if you don't like it...
I'm not sure, though.
popcorn.gif

Y.

Jan 30, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #1,138 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron Friedman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am selling my Batch 3 HM-801 that is 3 days old. It is a bit big for my purposes.
I am asking $650 thru paypal and will include free shipping. Anyone intereseted please contact me via email aarXonXfrieXdmaXnmXail@Xom

Sorry, you cannot attempt to sell your products, w/o going through the FS Forums. This is a bannable offense.
Could to imagine what Armageddon this would incur, if everyone was allowed to sell, whenever/wherever they wanted?

You can read all of the forum rules at the "TOU", at the bottom of every page Head-Fi page.

Thanks in advance. Good luck with your sale.

Jan 31, 2010 at 7:26 AM Post #1,140 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, you cannot attempt to sell your products, w/o going through the FS Forums. This is a bannable offense.
Could to imagine what Armageddon this would incur, if everyone was allowed to sell, whenever/wherever they wanted?

You can read all of the forum rules at the "TOU", at the bottom of every page Head-Fi page.

Thanks in advance. Good luck with your sale.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I did not know. OK I WILL NOT SELL IT. Thanks for notifying me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back