Updated: HifiMAN HM-801 Portable Music Player Preorder
Sep 27, 2009 at 10:58 AM Post #586 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only IEM I own that crushes the Triple.Fi in the Bass department (and every other way pretty much) is the JH13.

The UE11 has insane bass as well. (but at the expense of treble and some midrange)

Hi Edwood,

Just wonder if the bass of ES3X can crushes the Triple.Fi in the Bass department as well?

Sep 27, 2009 at 11:01 AM Post #587 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by petercak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe Foobar2000 can merge FLAC files.

Select songs. Right-click on them and choose Convert. Converter Setup window gives an option "Merge all tracks into one output file"

Foobar2000 is quite capable of doing things in simple way. For example when I wanted to convert .ape files into .flac files, I did it without first converting them into .wav files. To be sure, I did it once again, now with that 1 more step (conversion) into .wav and then into .flac. The resulting .flac files was identical in both cases.

But I'm not giving any guarantees. Please test it on your own. Thanks for understanding.

That's a valuable news. Thank you.

There is a question that always wanted to ask for the gapless playback. I'm told that quite a few songs will have a blank bar in the beginning or at the end. Is it the same for classical musics? If so, how can the gapless playback help?

Sep 27, 2009 at 11:12 AM Post #588 of 1,469
Thinking about that gapless playback.... If it's deficult to implement "real" gapless playback right now, maybe small software fix would help. I'll explain.

Right now I'm using iAudio X5L with Rockbox. If there's 1 audio file (one file only for whole album) and cue sheet in the same directory with the same name, Rockbox will allow you to play that album as 1 file (i.e. no gaps) and in the same time will provide ability to skip to the next track.

It's not true gapless playback for all situations. I admit that. You have to rip 1 file for whole album and create cue sheet. But it works.

If that would be easier to achieve in HM-801 at the moment, I'll go for it. I'll definitely would love to see this functionality in Hifiman at any time later on, since lot of my CDs are ripped this way.

Just an idea.

Sep 27, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #589 of 1,469
This is a MOT sponsored thread.
Back on topic, please. If you wish to talk about file conversions then you can start another thread and link it from here since it pertains to using them for the 801.

Sep 27, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #591 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tidus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would be Hifiman good source for Stax setup??as DAC from computer to Hifiman - Amp - stax??thanx

Sure you can do that. I used hifiman lineout to electrostatic amp and Heaudio Jade.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Sep 27, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #592 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Back on topic, please. If you wish to talk about file conversions then you can start another thread and link it from here since it pertains to using them for the 801.

Sorry, Mod. Because lots of people are nagging on the lack of the native gapless playback ability of the 801, I thought that if we could find an easy solution for that, it would be good for the 801 and the MOT as well. Now I know that this is not allowed in this thread. My bad.

Sep 27, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #593 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I felt that proposed solution can solve inconvenience with not perfect gapless playback of HM-801, thus that my post was tread related.

Nevertheless, it's my fault. I'll be more careful next time and do it your way. Thanks a lot for bringing it to my attention.

Sep 28, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #594 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by petercak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be more careful next time and do it your way.

It's not my way, it is the Head-Fi way.
Your post was fine, but the thread turned into a "music conversion" thread, and I'm sure that the MOT did not pay his hard earned money for that particular result.
The component does not do a certain feature, it was brought up and concern was expressed about it, and it was stated that it might be able to be done in later versions. If not, it is what it is.
Every component has pros and cons depending on an owner's needs.

Sep 28, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #596 of 1,469
Thanks guys on the gapless tips. I'd really like to hear from someone at the Company as its pretty important to me that this be eventually added (if possible-what I want to confirm).

-Jim

Sep 29, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #597 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by windfury /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And...any further news?or...some 'full-size' reviews?...

It is still the best sounding DAP that I have ever heard, besides the ability to use the coax separately. I have been using and 8GB Class 4 SDHC, but I am going to but a class 6 32GB.

Sep 29, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #598 of 1,469
Do not make your SD card too full. Please leave 1 or 2 GB spare space in your SD card. I have forward this question to our software engineer. Hopefully we will find out the reason.

I tried to load a lot of music files into SD card today. When the card is almost full (200M left), artist and album manu doesn't work any more. These two manu work again after I deleted some music then. I thought there might be a "bad" folder or file at the beginning. However, after tried to delete files one by one for several times, I am awared of that it the reason is not "bad" file or folder. It is all about how much free space left.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Sep 29, 2009 at 10:49 AM Post #599 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do not make your SD card too full. Please leave 1 or 2 GB spare space in your SD card. I have forward this question to our software engineer. Hopefully we will find out the reason.

I tried to load a lot of music files into SD card today. When the card is almost full (200M left), artist and album manu doesn't work any more. These two manu work again after I deleted some music then. I thought there might be a "bad" folder or file at the beginning. However, after tried to delete files one by one for several times, I am awared of that it the reason is not "bad" file or folder. It is all about how much free space left.

thanks for continuing debut the problem
wink.gif

god, hifiman is really rare stuff ~ there is only 3 person in the world hear it..... i wonder if any one of three put it on ebay how much it will go lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back