Updated: HifiMAN HM-801 Portable Music Player Preorder
Jun 13, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #152 of 1,469
"Ganqi" is the name of the amplifier bay, and the name of the modular standard of hifiman. Those amp cards showed on Canjam are only for test. The final amp board modul go with hifiman will be as good as those high grade portable amps such as minibox-e+.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jun 14, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #153 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Ganqi" is the name of the amplifier bay, and the name of the modular standard of hifiman. Those amp cards showed on Canjam are only for test. The final amp board modul go with hifiman will be as good as those high grade portable amps such as minibox-e+.

Nice to hear from you Nankai. Just a few questions:

1. Any meaning for the word "Ganqi"? I, can't speak Mandarin, can read Chinese, have been wondering for its meaning just for curiosity.

2. Please check if the finalized version hiss with high efficiency IEMs like ES3X, ... ect. If the Hifiman can live to its claims, I think people using high end IEMs should be interested in it.

3. Any schedule of the final version will come out?

4. Can you sell in in a DAC only version and the buyer can buy the amp module later? Quite a few people are using IRiver/amp combo and it may be a benefit for them to change to a Hifiman/amp combo
biggrin.gif

Jun 14, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #155 of 1,469
I think one should be but doubt if it can get over 24/96 files when using USB input.

Need input from Nankai.

Jun 14, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #156 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The final amp board modul go with hifiman will be as good as those high grade portable amps such as minibox-e+.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenLeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2. Please check if the finalized version hiss with high efficiency IEMs like ES3X, ... ect.

A very good point, GreenLeo - the Minibox-E+ hisses a lot with sensitive IEMs, and the PtoS switch doesn't help (makes the sound worse). The HifiMan would need some other amp circuitry to work well with UE/Shure/Westone/etc. Good thing this can be done, since it's a modular approach.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 23, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #162 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenLeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think one should be but doubt if it can get over 24/96 files when using USB input.

Need input from Nankai.

24/96 is theoretically possible over USB, as there are several USB to SPDIF converters that require no special drivers and support 24/96 output. (M-Audio Transit, Bel Canto USB Link, Sonicweld Diverter, etc.)

But according to the Update:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai
DAC function: Coaxial (16bit 44.1kHz and 24bit 96kHz) , USB DAC (16bit 48kHz)
Music Format Support

APE Fast、Normal、High Mode
AAC 16K-320Kbps
FLAC lossless VBR 44.1kHz and 24bit 96KHz

So 24/96 is only supported by SPDIF input and played internally with files on an SDHC card.

If the HiFiMan HM-801 could support DAC function via USB DAC 24bit 96kHz, that would make it even more incredible.

-Ed

Jun 23, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #163 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, 24/96 support is the update - and cooperation with that 24/96 music store.

Well, thank you!

Jun 24, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #164 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sometimes (but very rarely) I can be dense.

What is the update?
redface.gif

Hey, can you tell me the meaning of dense here? English is not my first tongue, sorry
redface.gif

Jun 24, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #165 of 1,469
Dense = thick brained. Information can't break through the barrier. Missing the obvious. Osmosis does not occur here.

Hope this helps
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back