[UPDATED] Best power conditioner around. [Furutech FLUX-50 NCF Gold]
Sep 1, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #46 of 75
Will take the liberty and asume this is addressed to me, lol
* and humble apologies if i'm in error! *

I meant what i said, recommending them to all my clients, regardless of budget.
The only extra recommendation i can add (presumption being this is what the "keep them coming" refers to) is for really, really big pockets unfortunately:
https://www.transparentcable.com/products/opus-power-isolator
If you can't afford that, my personal/professional advice would be to stick to the Furutech passive conditioners and call it a day. Be you rich or poor, analog or digital sourced, of this or that a musical flavour, doesn't matter.
Since one may wonder, cheaper Transparent solutions aren't recommended because they belong in previous 'generations' of Transparent products; they started one way and went another at some time, but that's a long story and not one i'm comfortable sharing online.

Can honestly not add another option that isn't with drawbacks, aka meant for 'tailored' solutions.

Is it generally worth it? Yes and yes.
Yes, a proper power sourcing chain is of import (and that includes cables mind).
Yes, that Opus will be an eye opener.
Thats a beauty!!! My mental/logic limit…my future wallet says 3000 dollars. But the furutech is nice. I am going to get that for seperate line, either TT2 or headamp….probably jan 2023

Sep 1, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #48 of 75
😂🤣 … I had PS Steller Powerplant 3 in mind late 2023😅

Sep 1, 2022 at 10:51 PM Post #49 of 75
My friend, i envy you, lol

You have a 'future' wallet, that entails 'a' possibility, never mind the amount.
I have a 'present' wife, that entails no possiblity, whatsoever!
(you ever seen a flying flip flop travelling towards you? A most dreadful weapon)
A flip flop? 😤. What about a high-heeled dress shoe 👠😳…?

Sep 2, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #50 of 75
What about a high-heeled dress shoe

You think she'd waste a good pair of heels on my head? ^^

On topic since i'm at it and i know it's self-evident, but.. just in case.
Since i did recommend the Furutech Flux for the filtering; ideally right? You want one for each separate switching supply powered equipment, ie one per cable.
As the cost rises up juuust a little bit if you do it right however, you could use one Flux filter..er that connects to a passive distributor. And now your distributor is filtered throughout. Hence my saying in the previous page to get this and a e-TP60E.

Apologies if sounding pedantic here, but either you do it right, or you don't post all :)

Sep 2, 2022 at 8:45 PM Post #51 of 75
I have the PS Audio Dectet. It does a great job having 2 filtered zones and one zone unfiltered. It is great if you have noisy old power to your house or building. I have moved and it is not as needed in my new home. But I enjoy being able to put my sources into 2 different zones to completely isolate any noise.

Sep 2, 2022 at 11:10 PM Post #52 of 75
I have the PS Audio Dectet. It does a great job having 2 filtered zones and one zone unfiltered. It is great if you have noisy old power to your house or building. I have moved and it is not as needed in my new home. But I enjoy being able to put my sources into 2 different zones to completely isolate any noise.
…and it makes Strayngs II work harder!…😂

Sep 3, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #53 of 75
You think she'd waste a good pair of heels on my head? ^^

On topic since i'm at it and i know it's self-evident, but.. just in case.
Since i did recommend the Furutech Flux for the filtering; ideally right? You want one for each separate switching supply powered equipment, ie one per cable.
As the cost rises up juuust a little bit if you do it right however, you could use one Flux filter..er that connects to a passive distributor. And now your distributor is filtered throughout. Hence my saying in the previous page to get this and a e-TP60E.

Apologies if sounding pedantic here, but either you do it right, or you don't post all :)
I am going to note this and come back to this thread when I have the money:
Flux nfc50
E-tp60e

Thats my next buy for sure.

Sep 3, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #54 of 75
if I buy the ncf50 this month I can just use it on my headphone amp directly, to start with?
Seperate power line, not mixing it up with the iFi.

Sep 3, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #55 of 75
I can just use it on my headphone amp directly, to start with?

Yeap, of course. That's the "ideal" way to go about this in fact, ie one per piece of gear requiring it. It can however add up real quick for some, hence the above recommendation.

In general again, you need to think of all this as a two-way thing; it doesn't just travel to a source, it also returns from it. You ever hear the term 'returns', this is what's meant by it. 'Noise' or 'gravel' from your dirty source will return and disperse -> affect everything else.
And because nothing's perfect, there will always be returns, we just try minimise.
The second thing to keep in mind, also in general, sorry, is that the more you.. 'burden'(?) a power source or distributor by making it power more and diverse components, the worse off your auditory outcome shall be. It being why i said that ideally, we tend to group them up. Switching, non switching, high/low frequency, et al.

* So now you know why we need dedicated wall plugs; or for some of us, why we take that into account when building or renovating a house :)
(your electrician will hate you, that's O.K., lol)
** Speaking of this, your house's "earth" (or whatever you call it over there) is the most important thing in as far as 'power' may be concerned. All this we're discussing here, it comes after.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #56 of 75
Yeap, of course. That's the "ideal" way to go about this in fact, ie one per piece of gear requiring it. It can however add up real quick for some, hence the above recommendation.

In general again, you need to think of all this as a two-way thing; it doesn't just travel to a source, it also returns from it. You ever hear the term 'returns', this is what's meant by it. 'Noise' or 'gravel' from your dirty source will return and disperse -> affect everything else.
And because nothing's perfect, there will always be returns, we just try minimise.
The second thing to keep in mind, also in general, sorry, is that the more you.. 'burden'(?) a power source or distributor by making it power more and diverse components, the worse off your auditory outcome shall be. It being why i said that ideally, we tend to group them up. Switching, non switching, high/low frequency, et al.

* So now you know why we need dedicated wall plugs; or for some of us, why we take that into account when building or renovating a house :)
(your electrician will hate you, that's O.K., lol)
** Speaking of this, your house's "earth" (or whatever you call it over there) is the most important thing in as far as 'power' may be concerned. All this we're discussing here, it comes after.
Im ordering the flux soon. Damn its expensive😂…feels expensive when I look at it. “Just” an adapter looking thing😂😅

Any good reviews on it? There are two different?

@LostHisMarbles I am going to DM you about my system.

Attachments

• CB6DB9D7-6A88-436F-B25F-8D1F26D4F06A.jpeg
    CB6DB9D7-6A88-436F-B25F-8D1F26D4F06A.jpeg
    366.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #57 of 75
Any advice is appreciated Im in a little doubt where to place it so I need a little guidance on this. This is my whole setup.

The computer is the main source on this computer I have installed JCAT PCIe USB XE Card. This can has its own "PSU" called Optimo Nano, it is also installed internally in pc case. On this JCAT PCIe card I have two sound devices connected to both of the USB.

Chord Hugo TT2
Solid State Logic SSL2+
. this is a recording soundcard for instruments and microphones.

My headphone amp is going to be Audio-gd HE9LE, which is connected with XLR to TT2.

As for power I have these:

I have three wall outlets on the same wall, they must be connected to the same line. But I can turn my setup around and use the one connected to the opposite wall also, so I have to power sources.

iFi Powerstation
iFi DC Blocker
Furutech FLUX-50 NCF Gold version.

My main dilemma is if I should connect the Furutech NCF50 straight to the computer with its own power line. Why?
-Well to get cleaner recordings and also playback from JCAT
-But isn´t JCAT doing something already to clean the sound?

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #58 of 75
Saw your PM too OCC, but i thought it best to reply here;

- If you listen from your PC (ie just to be clear here, your PC is your transport), then yes, it takes priority* over all else. Plug it there until you have a tp60, after which obviously you can do them all.
* Unless your DAC has a switching supply of course.. if it does, then your DAC's the priority. Or since you mention a sound card? Your sound cards external power supply if i'm understanding correctly. I'm not very versed in.. more modern aspects of what 'devices' should be or made like.
- Should your need surpass your eventual 6 filtered sockets (after putting the tp60 in the chain).. you would unfortunately need a second Flux.
- Order being similar to that of your first one; since it appears you can't spare another socket however? In your shoes i'd go:
Wall plug (literally) -> power cable -> main distributor (i'd buy the tp80e for main) -> power cables x2, Fluxes x2 -> two separate 60tps. Both being now filtered, you plug accordingly.
- you mention a lot of gizmos i frankly have no clue of. I'm not the kind of person that will tell you what they 'think' over something they know nothing about :)
- filtering your dirty power switching supplies comes first, as you get.. ""more"" benefits, higher in your hierarchy. It's also more costly.. you get what you pay for in life. Better equipment? Not dirty. Worse equipment? Dirty? Here you are patching your holes :)
- when money allows for, one should not neglect using same distributors, albeit UNfiltered, for all other components.
- unplug both the ifi powerstation and the ifi dc blocker. Sell them both, here, to someone else. Said it before, take care of what you add to your signal chain.

Just my advice, because you asked, by all means no offense meant. Be it to owners of ifi products, you specifically or the company itself. My humble, personal opinion and no more.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2022 at 6:59 AM Post #60 of 75
I'm likely a bit, or very, late to the party. But have you considered Shunyata power distributors? In the budget end, Venom PS10?

Each socket has noise suppression.
No problem, more ideas and recommendation always welcome. I might come back to this thread next year and see the recommendations

I think Im gonne be set for now with the furutech flux-50 and the E-tp60e

I might still keep the ifi powerstation for my gaming chain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back