*update*What...FedEx stole my package!!!!
Oct 3, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #63 of 80
What the hell is going on with private shipping corporations in the United States? It would seem that this could be occuring in a third-world country, but in one of the most well-off socially countries in the world? This is where the government needs to step in and force deep regulations on companies such as FedEx and UPS. Here in Canada I will not ship with anything other than Expresspost (our governmental-based shipping courier, like USPS). I don't care if the buyer will pay extra for other shipping methods, I just won't trust or support those crooks. My sympathies go with you oicdn and I hope for a proper resolution in your favor.

Oct 3, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #65 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...... Also did a little research and it showed the arrival weight was the same as the departure weight.

Interesting....how accurately do they measure that?

At first, I thought a ring might not weigh enough, but you mentioned previously that the wooden box was missing, too, which should have been enough to prove that the package arrived in CA just as it was sent.

To me, the only challenge you have is that the FedEx employee who packaged it didn't see the actual ring.

Everything else is in your favor, especially that she claims the package was damaged and FedEx is solid in their statements that it was delivered undamaged.

Oct 4, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #66 of 80
Quote:

I shoulda kinda expected it. I shipped out 3 things yesterday via FedEx. Boomana's Hornet, a Chain tool, and a Diamond ring.

Hornet arrived fine, chain tool arrived fine. Diamond ring...What...missing on arrival??!??!??

I was shipping stuff out, and as Boomana saw, or anybody else I ship things to, package very well.

So I had a couple bubble mailers for the ring. I get to FedEx and the lady tells me in order to ship Express overnight, it needs to be in an envelope. So I then put it into an envelope, and then she tells me, the declared value is too high for an envelope, so it had to be put in a box. So I proceed to put it into a box.

The offbeat part is the lady asked me "because of the declared value, I need to know what's in the package..." What? Really? I never been asked that. So I ask her does she really, she says yes, so I tell her a diamond ring.

Package arrives in California while I'm at work, and I recieve a NASTY voicemail saying she's going to sue me, she's called a lawyer, etc...

I finally call her back, and she says the package was mangled, there were a couple envelopes, but there was nothing there except a paper ring box (you know, the white box the actual ring wooden box comes in.), he believes nobody and has a witness of when she opened the package (as always apparently), and she's still pretty adament about me being a liar. Nothing else in the box. No ring, no box, no paperwork, just an empty white box. She's accusing me of not shipping anything out, suing me, etc.....I dunno what to do as the funds have already been allocated....I don't think she'll be patient enough to wait till FedEx gets this sorted out. But paypal has already placed the funds on hold, and now, I'm going to get a returned check because I transferred money over and paid my unexpected expense.

What do I do? Do I just close the dispute, and let paypal give her her money back while I sit her twiddling my thumbs hoping to god FedEx reimburses me??? What about my returned check fees, and other fees placed due to insuffient funds since Paypal has seized the funds before it could be transferred over to my account?

Hate FedEx, they always screw up when I send something...

Oct 4, 2007 at 2:12 PM Post #67 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by sejarzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting....how accurately do they measure that?

At first, I thought a ring might not weigh enough, but you mentioned previously that the wooden box was missing, too, which should have been enough to prove that the package arrived in CA just as it was sent.

To me, the only challenge you have is that the FedEx employee who packaged it didn't see the actual ring.

Everything else is in your favor, especially that she claims the package was damaged and FedEx is solid in their statements that it was delivered undamaged.

Even if she didn't see the ring, she saw the wooden box. This is SUCKY! I hope you win.

Oct 11, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #68 of 80
Paypal favored it to her, so I asked to speak with a supervisor (as I did numerous other times). She told methe reason it was denied is that it should be a FedEx claim because the box was empty. I explained "no, it's not a fedex claim. FedEx proved it to NOT be mishandled, retaped, no holes, rips, tears, or anything of the sort done to it. Hence the reason for denial. Everything on there end was done correctly and it was signed as acceptable at the receiving end." She was sympathetic with me and actually took my side.

I explained the fact that everything was inline on my and fedex's side as everything was inspected, and verified. Both in writing and by weight. The only possible variables are AFTER it was signed for. In which that could mean one of her own employees stole it, or she's just straight out lying.

So the supervisor said the dept that makes the calls said no further investigations will be looked at from this point foreward. So she directed me to goto www.IC3.gov and file a fraud complaint. She said often times when claims/cases are sealed, a complaint to the IC3 will definitly give a wake up call to that dept and give it a better view. She said she'll keep some tabs on it cause she doesn't agree with teh decision made and CLEARLY my 3rd party is quite a bit more unbiased than hers (an employee).

Oct 11, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #69 of 80
Nate,
I would just fly out and meet her face to face and just talk to her.

Oct 11, 2007 at 10:38 PM Post #70 of 80
OMG,,This is still pending???? Geez, that should have been settled by now.
I hate UPS,FED EX,etc. I like using USPS,Regular Mail.
So far,everything ive gotten from people on Head-Fi has been to my PO Box or i actually met the person i bought it from and we did the deal right there in person.

I got UPS horror stories!

They should have all the deliveries on video at every stage and keep the video for 30 days ,then reuse the tapes.

Oct 23, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #71 of 80
Looks like I'm sucked out of my money. Paypal will no longer talk to me....I'm still going to persue it, but I dunno what else I can do....anybody have any ideas?

I'm thinking I should sue. How should I go about doing that? Maybe I should call Judge Judy, or Peoples Court. They'll pay for all the crap to get this all done.

Oct 23, 2007 at 5:42 AM Post #72 of 80
Oh, man.. I'm really sorry to hear of your situation! As a frequent eBay seller this is seriously a nightmare case... I learned a lot from this thread about taking precautions when shipping, though. But then again, sometimes (like in your case), there's just nothing you can do...

I say, get RockCity to steal something from her.

Oct 23, 2007 at 1:16 PM Post #73 of 80
I've faxed over those IC3 documents to paypal and have gotten nothing back saying they received it or anything. Kinda sucks cause this is a hefty amount of money. And, this lady is quite the character.

FWIW, everything was done on my end correctly, but it just goes to show, even with a signature, weights and documents proving nothing was mishandled, you can still get ****ed over.

Oct 23, 2007 at 1:24 PM Post #74 of 80
Quote:

Looks like I'm sucked out of my money. Paypal will no longer talk to me....

How can paypal just stop talking to you? That's ridiculous, what are they 12? I would keep bothering them until you get some answers. There is always threatening them to go to the media (companies don't seem to like that).

Oct 23, 2007 at 2:24 PM Post #75 of 80
It's not the claims dept but the dept that makes the decisions, they notated there will be no further investigation on this case. SO basically, all the operators keep giving me the same spill about case closed, I can no longer appeal, blah blah blah....

It's rediculous. Everything on my end is solid as a rock. She has all the discrepancies, with who signed it and her "3rd party witness" is a damn employee!!! Doesn't get any more biased than that. Yeah she has a police report, but how hard is it to show a cop an empty box???

This is the reason behind my utter lack of faith with paypal. Atleast with a money order, you have undeniable proof it was cashed. I thought I had the same scenario here....bvut I guess not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back