UPDATE! CAPACITY RAISE! - SF meet Saturday Nov. 7th - We have a venue and date! It's really happening! CAPACITY RAISE!! WE CAN TAKE 20 MORE PEOPLE!
Nov 4, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #286 of 329
  I just noticed a really good review of the Mojo. There was somebody who said they're ordering one - does it look like it will be there before the meet?
I'll bet the Mojo at the M9XX would make a killer portable setup (if it has an amp-only function).

Just received confirmation today that the Mojo has shipped, but it will not arrive until Monday.  So unfortunately, I will not have it for the meet.

Nov 4, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #287 of 329

TWO TIPS FROM THE ORGANIZERS:

Both Alex (Dusk) and myself feel the need to bring up two important topics. Feel free to offer any feedback.

1. Nametags: While we think it may not be necessary to wear a nametag for a local meet, we are advising everybody to leave a paper on the desk next to your gear. Often at a local meet, the person who owns the equipment may be walking around - but if somebody wants to try your things it may be difficult to ask permission first without knowing who's it is. So a solution is to put a piece of paper on the table next to your gear with either your first name or your Head-Fi name, allowing us to know who it belongs to. You may also write that they are free to "use without permission" if you'd like. Any simple hand-written or printed paper, card or banner would suffice, and please do this even if you will only be setting down headphones.
  2. Please use a low voice while talking in all conference rooms so that people can do critical listening. The good thing is, that there are sofa and kitchen areas for louder talking.

Also please click here for a recent update on tips for getting to the meet.

Nov 4, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #288 of 329
Also does any of you have a monster rig and would like your own room? Well now is your chance: this meet will also include three small conference rooms that can be used as a 'listening station'. Come early enough this Saturday and get your own room to showcase it.

ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT, and counting! We may not have the Mojo, but we have TOTL DAC's, headphones, amps, IEMs, DAPs, homemade headphones, and will be the first to demo unreleased prototypes! 
gs1000.gif

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #293 of 329

According to Will, there's a loading zone that you can park and take stuffs in.

Someone will have to stand in the lobby anyway, since people need a key card to get up to the office (or at least that's my experience in regular hours), so you can rest assured there will be a bunch of eyes watching your items. Plus there'll be security there

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #294 of 329
And talking about not showing up but will be there in spirit...

I think I'll have CEE TEE's full suite of gears, which include...

Eddie Current Zana Deux
Eddie Current Black Widow
Bottlehead Crack + Speedball (stock)
PSAudio Perfect Wave DAC
Modded Schiit Wyrd

So if someone can give me a hand unloading them at around 9-9:30, I can bring all those plus my own gears. That's basically two TOTL rigs.

So lemme know what you guys would like to try, or if you'd just like to see everything. Hahaha

Nov 5, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #295 of 329
OMG! To the fullest dude, we need to try your EC Zana Deux. That's more than an amp, it's like a sonic transportation device. 2nd best amp I've ever tried!! Don't leave without trying it!
I don't know about the Black Widow or Perfect Wave but they seem interesting.

Dusk is already planning to bring his Crack amp.

The gates won't open until 9:30 though (see the last page). I'm sure Dusk will help you

wishing more of you would join in the talk.

Nov 5, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #296 of 329
I will definitely be there.  Will be taking Bart over in the morning from the East Bay.  Bringing a bag with a few headphones and my RWAK240.  I'll be bringing the PM-3s and the MH-40s. Both are good office closed-back cans.  I switch on and off between the two 5 days a week in the office to get me through the work week grind.  Also bringing my HD700s with a few different cables to try out different amp/dac combos.  Right now I'm using a Schiit triple stack with Wyrd/Modi2/Magni2 Uber at home but looking to see if there is anything worthwhile to upgrade to.  Looking forward to the meet.  After it's over I'll probably find a place around somewhere to get a few drinks then take Bart home at the end of the night.  Good way to spend a Saturday.

Nov 5, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #297 of 329

Eddie Current Zana Deux
PSAudio Perfect Wave DAC
Modded Schiit Wyrd

So if someone can give me a hand unloading them at around 9-9:30, I can bring all those plus my own gears. That's basically two TOTL rigs.

So lemme know what you guys would like to try, or if you'd just like to see everything. Hahaha

Hey Bill,

I'm going to bring a hand-cart from work to help unload gear. I'm going to try and get there early so I'd be happy to help. I'll PM you my cell number. Just call me when you are ready to unload.

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #298 of 329

Eddie Current Zana Deux
PSAudio Perfect Wave DAC

So eager to see how PWD compared with ygg and gumby! Pretty sure one of them would be my next dac and not long ago I just complained to my friend that there is no chance to hear them all but now here they come
beerchug.gif

Anyone interested in a A/B test during the meet? DACs, Amps, etc.

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #299 of 329
That's nice we're planning to set up early, but the current word from Massdrop is that their office will be closed until the first person gets there to open the doors at 9:30am.

Yup @wwyssh that's what a local meet is all about - spending the day trying & comparing rigs, even re-configuring setups (with permission).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back