UPDATE! CAPACITY RAISE! - SF meet Saturday Nov. 7th - We have a venue and date! It's really happening! CAPACITY RAISE!! WE CAN TAKE 20 MORE PEOPLE!
Oct 21, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #152 of 329
I think I have a power surge protector. If someone has extras, that'd be great for others who might forget.

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #153 of 329
Seems like we may already be pushing the limit for max participants here. 
triportsad.gif

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #155 of 329
Seems like we may already be pushing the limit for max participants here. :triportsad:
If this meet goes down well, then I'd imagine that there would always be the chance of us having a bigger meet in the future. Assuming that things roll over pretty well with Massdrop (I'm sure they will), with all the great stuff that we'll have to say about their prototype as well as all the other unique community mods that will be brought in, SF meets might turn into a pretty huge thing in the future (maybe we'll finally get CanJams hosted in the Bay Area). Granted at that point the venue wouldn't be free, but I'm sure that it will be well worth the cost of what the future has in store for us.

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #156 of 329
I'll be there with a few things I can bring if needed.

Questyle QP1R
Sennheiser HD-650
Audeze LCD 2.2 (pre-fazor)
iMac (if needed)

Possibly

E-motiva Stealth DC-1 (ordering Friday if it's here before the I will bring it)

Oct 21, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #159 of 329
@DecentLevi
, @dusk
: Is there a strict limit on the number of attendees? I might be able to attend, but won't know until last minute. I would bring a SR-007A and a KGST. Could also bring a KGSSHV, but it looks like that's already covered.
There is only occupancy available for 40 people total.

Oct 21, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #162 of 329
Seconding both of these. I haven't heard the 007s in forever and would love to compare them to the 009s.

I've also heard the he-6s can respond really well to modding.

Also, I'm bringing my 650s by request. I think they sound great, even though they're not on the same technical tier as the 800s or 009s.

The HD 650's may not be the most analytical / bright, but that's how some of us prefer it. They scale 'all the way up to the moon' with TOTL amps, and some (myself included) like them better than most of the (currently out) Audeze and Hifiman line.

Also @knerian are you able to bring your HE-6? And just out of curiosity are they modded?

Oct 21, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #164 of 329
@DecentLevi or @dusk,  Will WiFi for Internet access be available? I'd like to stream via Tidal.

Will bring:
UpTone Audio USB REGEN
iFi Audio Micro iUSB Power w/Gemini cable
iFi Audio Micro iDSD
Parasound Zamp v.3
HiFiMAN HE-6 (modded)
Squeezebox Touch (or iPhone or MacBook Pro)

For Sale:
This is an interest check for my Woo Audio WA5-LE (black) w/stock tubes, Premium parts upgrade ($1,100), Alps RK50 attenuator ($700 value) for a total retail value $4,300 (USD). Asking price is $2,800 (USD). The price is FIRM, no offers for trade, and local pickup only. Don't miss this opportunity to own an upgraded WA5-LE that also includes the legendary Alps RK50 attenuator at a bargain price. The amp will be up for sale in the Head-Fi classifieds if not sold by the meet.

I'm the original owner of the amp. The amp was purchased directly from Woo Audio in March 2011. The lightly used amp has less than 450 hrs on it and is in excellent condition. Conservatively speaking, I'd rate the condition of this otherwise perfect amp as 8/10, only because of the low usage. The amp has been in storage for the past three years.

If you will be attending this event and would like to purchase the amp, I may be able to bring the amp to the meet.

Send a PM if interested.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the meet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back