UPDATE! CAPACITY RAISE! - SF meet Saturday Nov. 7th - We have a venue and date! It's really happening! CAPACITY RAISE!! WE CAN TAKE 20 MORE PEOPLE!
Oct 20, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #121 of 329
So it looks like we won't have a DAC-19 to compare to the Gungnier MB (which are said to be very comparable sonically), so if anyone else can bring one that would be stellar.

_____________​
@Rainstar per your message:

"Confirm will attend, first time going to a meet Will I have to also be bringing my own PC/laptop?

Bringing Sennheiser HD800, Burson Conductor Virtuoso ESS9018"

Wow that seems like a nice amp! And good question. No it's not necessary to bring a computer; just bring whatever source you usually play your music with, being a DAP, phone, laptop, etc. We will already have several HD 800's, one being custom modded. But it's a good idea to bring a headphone you're used to anyway, to test out different amps.

_____________​

@Bill-P, how would you say your Fiio D3 (w/ Wolfson DAC chip) compares to your Schiit Gungnir Multibit, sound-wise? (that would be interesting if they compare, one being 1/40th the price of the other)

_____________​
@Packdemon That's an immense list of gear! I hope you can get your own table for it

Oct 20, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #124 of 329
Cool. I'm in!

Gears that I'll bring:
Sennheiser HD600
Sennheiser HD800
DIY amp <- pretty much a cmoy
Schiit Gungnir Multibit

And that's it. Nothing special. Just the usual stuffs. :D

I'd love to do a comparison between your modded 800s and a stock pair with Sonarworks EQ applied, if you'd be interested. (I believe there will be quite a few stock 800s present.)

Oct 20, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #125 of 329
Well as long as you're off the night after, you could do some Red-Bull or coffee to stay awake the next whole day. That's what some of us (myself included) have done to keep awake at past meets if we couldn't sleep the night before from excitement, LOL... I would do that just to try that SR-009 again!

Oct 20, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #126 of 329
I can make it! Reposting what I can bring, with a little more detail:

Hifiman HE-500 with Focuspads and HE-400 with velour pads (can swap if desired)
Apogee Duet 2
Garage1217 Polaris solid-state amplifier

@DecentLevi I'd love to compare the Ember with the Polaris!

Oct 20, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #127 of 329
I'm in.  I have an RWAK240 I can bring along with a pair of Oppo PM-3s with an Norne Audio 2.5mm balanced cable if anyone's interested.  I also have a pair of Master & Dynamic MH40s if anyone would like to give them a listen.  I'm hoping there will be a Chord Mojo and a Continental Dual Mono available to audition.  

Oct 20, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #129 of 329
I'm in, I might have a guest. 

Gear:
LCD-XC
LCD-2F
Om InEarPeace

LHLabs Geek Pulse X Infinity + LPS
LHLabs Geek Out 1000

Other stuff I could bring (if people think that they are interesting)

LittleDot MK VI
LHLabs Geek Pulse
Cardas EarSpeaker (IEM)
Emotiva DC-1

Oct 20, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #130 of 329
I'm down!

Will be bringing:
Laptop
Chord Hugo DAC
Luxman P-1 headphone amp
Denon AH-D7000
Sennheiser HD800

In case there is table space shortage, I'm okay with sharing with another person's table.

Oct 20, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #131 of 329
Hi there. Thanks for organising this. I am rather new to the world of head-fi. So dont have anything fancy to bring along with me and all of my items are portable head-fi.

Gear:
Kumitate Lab KL-REF (hybrid CIEM) and TRIO (universal hybrid)
KM16 (diy 8 drivers from china)
Questyle QP1R
Wagnus Bialbero Epsilon S

Oct 20, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #133 of 329
Don't worry if you don't have anything to bring, especially if you're new!

Oct 21, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #135 of 329
  OMG the Denon AH-D7000! I've been waiting forever to try it!

Hey folks I would also like to encourage you to bring your IEM's. A way these can be auditioned is to bring your own ear-tips, or a cleaning cloth to use in between trys

Hadn't thought about bring tips, but that is a great idea.  I've always used cleaning wipes.  Someone should hit up a BBQ restaurant for a bunch of wipe packets. 
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back