UPCOMING Little Dot DAC
Dec 12, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #286 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by David from Little Tube
Hello Adam,

If all goes well, your Little Dot DAC_II should be shipping out this upcoming business week. Have a great weekend!

Best Regards,
David

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

i'll let you all know how it performs upon arrival and listening. (i won't be getting it until christmas, though, because it's a christmas present, lol)

Dec 12, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #287 of 411
have his email ? - since the site is down I have no way of contacting. Very interesting reading. I own a cd player which is very comparable to the PS Audio dac. If i can get in for around $300 and replace my CD player I'd be a happy man! Has anyone run this in a computer setup as a Dac?
Do certain inputs sound better than others?

God Bless - Jeff

Dec 13, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #289 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffjazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone run this in a computer setup as a Dac?

I'm doing so now, and since I received it. Works perfectly via USB, (no driver needed) TosLink, or my current preference - coaxial cable. Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffjazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do certain inputs sound better than others?

Not likely - at least not something anyone can hear. I have not yet objectively tested it however.

Dec 13, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #290 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by oatmeal769 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm doing so now, and since I received it. Works perfectly via USB, (no driver needed) TosLink, or my current preference - coaxial cable.Not likely - at least not something anyone can hear. I have not yet objectively tested it however.

Yah, I've been using it in my pc-based work system for several months. It works great for me running USB into into the DAC_I and thence to my LD MKV. I thought I might have detected a small difference between this and the coaxial input from my CD player, but the difference was very slight, and as Oatmeal would probably agree, quite possibly illusory...

Dec 13, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #291 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by mastertrash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yah, I've been using it in my pc-based work system for several months. It works great for me running USB into into the DAC_I and thence to my LD MKV. I thought I might have detected a small difference between this and the coaxial input from my CD player, but the difference was very slight, and as Oatmeal would probably agree, quite possibly illusory...

If available SPDIF/Coax is a better choice than usb.

Dec 13, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #292 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by ford2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If available SPDIF/Coax is a better choice than usb.

Yah, I imagine you're right but USB is awfully convenient and I haven't felt like springing for something to get Coax out of my PC. If I heard a big difference between the USB and Coax inputs on the DAC I'd be looking into it, but playing around for 5 or 10 minutes the differences were very slight to my ears.

Dec 13, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #293 of 411
i'm glad all my macs came standard with optical out.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #295 of 411
ld site is back up btw

Dec 17, 2009 at 4:50 AM Post #297 of 411
wow! thank you for this link! mine is in the mail, but i've had no idea what it looks like, lol. i was just trying to imagine how they'd design the front to accommodate the amp and headphone out. i like the new placement of the input and func buttons, as well as the volume knob. they really put out quality products with a sleek look... i was always into black components (all mine are black), but they do brushed aluminum well. i'll post pictures and impressions on christmas when i get mine.
smily_headphones1.gif
. lol. i love being 21 and still being excited for christmas presents.

Dec 17, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #299 of 411
it doesn't have a LD I+

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davidzhezhe @ LD forums
We will be releasing the Little Dot DAC_II near the end of November. It will cost slightly more at 289 USD plus shipping, and will have a built-in headphone amplifier with performance on par (and essentially identical) with our portable Little Dot MK I+. The DAC functionality is exactly the same as the current Little Dot DAC_I. Essentially it will serve as an "all-in-one" package for those who desire the convenience of consolidation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back