UPCOMING Little Dot DAC
May 13, 2009 at 1:01 PM Post #123 of 411
yeah it should be a balanced dac.

May 13, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #124 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by nspindel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought by definition you needed two in a balanced set up. I could be wrong, just trying to understand.

you could have a 17 channel circuit with a single power transformer and zero output transformers, if you wanted! a balanced setup (4 channels) is therefore not a problem at all, with a single power transformer.

really, so long as the transformer is low-noise and rated at enough current for everything attached to it, there is nothing stopping you from using that one transformer to power as many things as you want. certainly there are benefits to having separate transformers, but it has nothing to do with the device being balanced or not

May 16, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #127 of 411
If the impressions are good this may end up being my first "real" DAC. I'm trying to decide between this and the Duet

May 17, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #128 of 411
Im trying to decide between this and compass. The wolfson dac is something I REALLY wish Kingwa at Audio-GD would have put in this. It would most likely be a huge upgrade (I think) for such a AMAZING product with great price and wow factor.

May 18, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #129 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im trying to decide between this and compass. The wolfson dac is something I REALLY wish Kingwa at Audio-GD would have put in this. It would most likely be a huge upgrade (I think) for such a AMAZING product with great price and wow factor.

I'm interested in this dac as well. I plan to one day try a MKVI, but don't put too much stock in chips. Although some do sound better than others, parts, design, and build quality are much more important factors in how good a dac will sound.

May 18, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #130 of 411
True it is making for a very difficult decision and the price of Compass going up June 1st is making it worse!

May 18, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #131 of 411
It looks like it is available for purchase for everyone. Check here at the bottom.

The Little Dot DAC is an exceptionally versatile and precise digital to analog converter with both single-ended and balanced outputs!

Available in either 120VAC or 220VAC
$259 plus shipping
$45 USD shipping to USA, Canada, Japan, and most of Oceania and SE Asia (excluding India)
$51 USD shipping to most of Western Europe (excluding the Netherlands)
Please inquire for shipping costs to Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, and Middle East

1 Year Warranty

In addition to direct purchase, the Little Dot MK DAC_I is also available on EBAY for our customer's convenience here.

May 18, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #133 of 411
I've ordered mine. And the MKVI as well
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back