UPCOMING Little Dot DAC
Apr 2, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #61 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by S J /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks very nice! Still no word on release date or price though...
frown.gif

No kidding. So do I wait for this to come out or do I spring for a DACMagic or V-DAC now? Decisions!
confused_face_2.gif

Apr 2, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #63 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But weren't you buying the compass?

Yes. The Compass will go in my office hooked up to my PC. I have been kicking around the idea of having a setup in my entertainment room with dedicated DAC, dedicated AMP, etc.

This site is friggin evil I tell you!
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 3, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #65 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dat_Dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. The Compass will go in my office hooked up to my PC. I have been kicking around the idea of having a setup in my entertainment room with dedicated DAC, dedicated AMP, etc.

This site is friggin evil I tell you!
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by helios /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Going through the same dilemma bro.

Get both!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
Though at last update littledot said it should be out sometime this month... we can hope!

Apr 3, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #66 of 411
daft though it sounds.
i fancy one of these just cos it looks nicer than my v-dac
wink.gif

Apr 3, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #67 of 411
Couple questions since I haven't owned any of LD's equipment.

1. How do you order through them? Is it direct email contact like Audio-GD?
2. How would you know when this is even for sale? Just read that forum?

Apr 3, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #68 of 411
Little Dot amps are on ebay.

Apr 3, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #69 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by helios /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No kidding. So do I wait for this to come out or do I spring for a DACMagic or V-DAC now? Decisions!
confused_face_2.gif

Going through the same dilemma bro.

X3 on the dilemma!

Apr 4, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #70 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dat_Dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Couple questions since I haven't owned any of LD's equipment.

1. How do you order through them? Is it direct email contact like Audio-GD?
2. How would you know when this is even for sale? Just read that forum?

You can order them on Ebay, or you can order them direct via email. This thread has a list of their available models, pricing, and ordering info. Most of their stuff is actually cheaper if you order direct, rather than ebay.

Apr 6, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #73 of 411
It now has specs! woot!!!!

* DAC chips:
Wolfsonmicro the United Kingdom's high-performance decoder chip: WM8740DAC
DESCRIPTION
The WM8740 is a very high performance stereo DAC designed for audio applications such as CD, DVD, home theatre systems, set top boxes and digital TV. The WM8740 supports data input word lengths from 16 to 24-bits and sampling rates up to 192kHz. The WM8740 consists of a serial interface port, digital interpolation filter, multi-bit sigma delta modulator and stereo DAC in a small 28-pin SSOP package. The WM8740 also includes a digitally controllable mute and attenuator function on each channel.
The internal digital filter has two selectable roll-off characteristics. A sharp or slow roll-off can be selected dependent on application requirements. Additionally, the internal digital filter can be by-passed and the WM8740 used with an external digital filter.
The WM8740 supports two connection schemes for audio DAC control. The SPI-compatible serial control port provides access to a wide range of features including on-chip mute, attenuation and phase reversal. A hardware controllable interface is also available.

* S / PDIF Digital Interface Transceiver : WM8805:
The WM8805 is a high performance consumer mode S / PDIF transceiver with support for 8 received Channels and 1 transmitted Channel.
A crystal derived, or externally provided high quality master clock is used to allow low jitter (50ps rms) recovery of S / PDIF supplied master clocks.
(This machine USB conversion chip on the use of the clock)
Generation of all typically used audio clocks is possible using the high performance internal PLL. A dedicated CLKOUT pin provides a high drive clock output.
A pass through option is provided which allows the device simply to be used to clean up (de-jitter) the received digital audio signals.
The device may be used under software control or stand alone hardware control modes. In software control mode, both 2-wire with read back and 3-wire interface modes are supported.
Status and error monitoring is built-in and results can be read back over the control interface, on the GPO pins or streamed over the audio data interface in 'With Flags' mode (audio data with status flags appended).
The audio data interface supports I2S, left justified, right justified and DSP audio formats of 16-24 bit word length, with sample rates from 32 to 192ks / s.

* Set user personalization features:
The decoder can set receive Bit number, the maximum sampling frequency, digital filter roll-off degree (sharp / slow) and so on, allows users to listen to their own sense of their own selection of suitable work.

* Internal bus transfer mode used I2S.

* Signal Interface
The decoder has 4 inputs:
1, BNC coaxial input
2, RCA coaxial input
3, fiber-optic input
4, USB input
Two types of output:
1, RCA left and right channels output
2, XLR balanced output of the whole
Size: 365X217X61 (H) mm

Apr 6, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #75 of 411
Beautiful - WHEN is it available for purchase ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back