Upcoming: Hockey Playoffs
Jun 9, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #451 of 472

Pepsi

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 25, 2009
Posts
814
Likes
12
Yeah, i can understand why he cried under his situation. If i'm feeling this good, idk how Toews feels with that win and the MVP.
 
Jun 10, 2010 at 7:09 AM Post #454 of 472

buddhashenglong

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Posts
961
Likes
51
All right, props due to this years champs. The BHawks (even Hossa) proved just how much they wanted the Cup and especially in hockey, desire is a defining quality of a champion. I'm stoked for Pepsi and all the other Chi-town faithful. Here in Colorado I saw one guy rocking a Blackhawk flag as a cape, one old guy with a hat, and one cute girl with a black Bhawks jersey of some sort. Enjoy that Cup.
 
Jun 10, 2010 at 8:41 AM Post #455 of 472

9pintube

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 5, 2009
Posts
5,566
Likes
53
That's the way "WE" LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!     They're going to PARTY in the Windy City TODAY!!!!!YES,,,,,,,, EAT IT FLYERS   GREAT JOB PEPSI!!! Keep The Faith..........You'll find Mrs. right one day, just don't rush IT!!!!!!!
 
Jun 10, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #457 of 472

adktitan

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 11, 2010
Posts
346
Likes
18


Congrats to the Blackhawks and their fans.  Good first four games; Flyers just ran out of gas or BHs just got stoked more or a combination of both so the last two were so-so.   No hockey for a while sigh.





as much as I dislike blaming goaltenders, leighton was god awful and Kanes goal was a joke. I love Kane, think he had the fastest hands in the show and wanted to Bhawks to win. But there is NO WAY leighton gets re-signed next year. Seriously, he was awful and that goal will haunt him in his sleep for the next 3 months. The flyers deserved to lose on a better goal than that, they played very well all playoffs.
 
Jun 10, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #459 of 472

Pepsi

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 25, 2009
Posts
814
Likes
12


Quote:
Congrats to the Blackhawks and their fans.  Now comes the hard part.  Trying to see if they can keep the core of the team together during free-agency!


Most likely, I don't think anyone would want to leave after such a great win. Even last year we were a penny shy of making it to the cup, which clearly shows there's a great chance for a repeat within the next 5 years, but even that it does have me a little worried. After my White Sox won the World Series, everything kind of just went down hill from there..Of course i will continue to support regardless. But hey, we won he Stanley Cup!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Jun 10, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #460 of 472

intoflatlines

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 13, 2007
Posts
3,300
Likes
11
Agreed.. As much as I am happy that the Hawks won, I wish it was more dramatic instead of: Kane a slow wrist shot, Ladd waiting for the rebound.. where's the puck?! Kane's rushing down the ice all alone, now followed by a few teammates, he throws off his gloves.. I guess they won?
 
Quote:
The flyers deserved to lose on a better goal than that, they played very well all playoffs.



 
Jun 10, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #461 of 472

wantmyf1

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Posts
758
Likes
12


 
Quote:
Most likely, I don't think anyone would want to leave after such a great win. Even last year we were a penny shy of making it to the cup, which clearly shows there's a great chance for a repeat within the next 5 years, but even that it does have me a little worried. After my White Sox won the World Series, everything kind of just went down hill from there..Of course i will continue to support regardless. But hey, we won he Stanley Cup!!!!!!!!!!!!


I know some players will want to stay with a championship winning team.  But on the other side of the coin a lot of players will also see this as a chance to cash in.  And they already have their cup so...
 
 
Jun 10, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #462 of 472

itsborken

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
May 22, 2007
Posts
1,882
Likes
11
Yeah, he wasn't providing the expected Stanley Cup goaltending--really both weren't if one considers the number of goals scored and the performance of past champions such as Brodeur and Roy as benchmark. 
 
This is probably stupid, but the lack of the siren on the last goal really cheapened it IMO; I really wish it had gone off and 'marked' the end of the game, series and season.
 
Quote:
as much as I dislike blaming goaltenders, leighton was god awful and Kanes goal was a joke. I love Kane, think he had the fastest hands in the show and wanted to Bhawks to win. But there is NO WAY leighton gets re-signed next year. Seriously, he was awful and that goal will haunt him in his sleep for the next 3 months. The flyers deserved to lose on a better goal than that, they played very well all playoffs.



 
 
Jun 10, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #463 of 472

boomana

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
May 28, 2006
Posts
5,817
Likes
26


Quote:
as much as I dislike blaming goaltenders, leighton was god awful and Kanes goal was a joke. I love Kane, think he had the fastest hands in the show and wanted to Bhawks to win. But there is NO WAY leighton gets re-signed next year. Seriously, he was awful...


Leighton was not awful.  He basically saved the whole first period.  That last goal was horrible, but if you look at the playoffs as a whole, Leighton had the best numbers of the playoffs going in to that last game, and he may not be a Halak or a Miller, but neither of them made it to the finals, and he certainly had a lot to do with how far the Flyers come.  No one expected them to make it to the cup finals.  Why would you say Leighton was awful?  This was Stanley Cup hockey.  
 
Jun 10, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #464 of 472

intoflatlines

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 13, 2007
Posts
3,300
Likes
11

I agree with you. Even though it wouldn't have been a nice loud goal horn it would have been something at least (whether it's the end of period horn or whatever)..
Quote:
This is probably stupid, but the lack of the siren on the last goal really cheapened it IMO; I really wish it had gone off and 'marked' the end of the game, series and season.
 



 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top