Upcoming: Hockey Playoffs
May 14, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #331 of 472
They did it! Gagne's PP goal stood up and the crowd in Boston was freakin' stunned, little kids were crying. Shame it was a too many men on the ice that derailed the Bruins, but they had plenty of chances to advance and couldn't Capitalize.
  First game I've been able to watch since Detroit lost in sj, what a intense game. I do feel a little better now that the penguins are cooked too.

May 14, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #332 of 472
Congratulations to the Flyers! Filling a 0-3 deficit, both in the series and in the seventh game, is quite the accomplishment.

Now all they have to do is lay down and lose to Montréal. :p

May 15, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #335 of 472
yeah. that was a colossal collapse by the Bruins.  They were up and had commend of the game and let the Flyers slowly eat away at the lead.

I'm not sure if they're about to defeat Montreal either.  Montreal seems like a much better team on paper and have an on fire Halak between the pipes.  The East is shaping up to be the year of the "as rans" advancing while the West didn't come with all too many surprises (by standings pov).

Bring on more hockey!

May 16, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #336 of 472
The Hawks vs Sharks game is airing in 30 minutes. This will be interesting.

May 16, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #337 of 472
I didn't watch the entire game but the bits and pieces I caught made for a good game.  action going on both sides with great goaltending.  Niemi made several huge saves to preserve the lead.  This might be the series of the playoffs if both teams show up to play every night.

May 16, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #338 of 472

Quote:
I didn't watch the entire game but the bits and pieces I caught made for a good game.  action going on both sides with great goaltending.  Niemi made several huge saves to preserve the lead.  This might be the series of the playoffs if both teams show up to play every night.

They had a huge chance in the last minute with a power play and empty net, it was the most nerve racking last minute i've ever watched. 

May 16, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #339 of 472
Wow! The Flyers absolutely Manhandled Montreal. 6-0. I'm worried that the flyers will come out cocky for the next game and under-perform.

May 17, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #342 of 472
Halak got shellshocked, then Carey got shellshocked out there too..  The Flyers capitalized on all their chances and Montreal looked half asleep..  Its as if they don't play well unless they're in an elimination game or something.  Hopefully the Habs show up next game and give Halak a chance. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back