Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10!
Dec 13, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #527 of 1,751
  Because I have been downloading a lot of high resolution files since I've purchased my IPod Classic 10 years ago. Which is why I'm looking into buying a DAP that has the capacity to play hi res files and enough space for my library. That is why I am here looking into my best options. Yes I listen to my hi res files and vinyl at home. But it would be great to do it on the go as well. (Gapless of course like the artist intended)

Thats why I love the ipod classic - itunes natively supports WAV so it natively supports lossless without having to rockbox it and such. I bought the new metallica album from their site in 24/96 and they even had an ALAC option so I am sure the classic will support it.

I am still really tempted to pick up the 5.5 gen or the latest classic + used oppo HA 2 (the later classics support digital out to the oppo HA2).

With that said, I am sure xDuoo is paying more attention this time around (they were more or less a domestic company in china) but this time they are trying more to engage with their western customers. So people should keep posting suggestions and bugs - means they will have a chance to patch it or add it in. 

Also, I miss the wheel from my classic and its nice ot have a wheel again in the X10 (I recognize that i will be a minority in this regard )

Dec 13, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #528 of 1,751

When listen to "Dark Side of the Moon", I wouldn't use portable player on the road. Desktop setup is the way to this kind of favorite music. 

For this small portable device, I accept some compromise.

Just rip the entire album as a single file and be done with it. If it supports FLAC+CUE, then all the better. There are only a few albums that I feel gapless is important, DSOTM is one and Operation Mindcrime is another. My DX90 can't to gapless to save it's life, I either put up with it, or I have ripped these albums as a single file and live with it.

I'm just wondering how it handles the dual cards. For instance, Fiio and Questyle don't do worth a flippyflop with dual cards as they do not scan both cards into a single database. The Questyle is a $800 product. It sounds effing amazing, but the interface is for nothing. One of the best I've seen with dual cards is the Cayin Spark N5, but it's got a worse interface than the Questyle. Get this, if you hold the volume buttons down longer than 2 seconds (I think, regardless) it fast forwards or rewinds. That's some industrial level derp right there. However, it's $300 and it sounded very fine in balanced mode.

I'm after an affordable, dual slot DAP until either Questyle fixes their interface or until I have confirmation that Onkyo has fixed the 2.5mm TRRS jack on the DP-X1, it's down to $600, not bad but if the jack breaks, then what? This seemed to fit my pistol so I went for it.

Dec 13, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #531 of 1,751
Are you kidding?
Xduoo released one upgrade for the X3 which didn't fix any of the reported issues, for that they depended on Xvortex's rockbox port.
They've been slow to answer any customer queries, issue reports etc. Read the X3 thread it's riddled with dissatisfaction at Xduoos customer support.
That said I'm willing to believe that they are going to address issues in the X10, I only wish they would have done so for the X3 as well.

This^

Dec 13, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #533 of 1,751
If X10 does end up getting gapless, I'll probably buy one to test out. If not, I'll pass...

It seems like the X10 is well worth the price based on it's SQ, but it would still be nice to have gapless, and also to see auto-resume start at the exact spot in the song (when last turned off).

I tell myself these things to strengthen my resistance (which I'm sure will continue to be whittled away with further ecstatic impressions lol)

Dec 13, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #534 of 1,751
It seems like the X10 is well worth the price based on it's SQ, but it would still be nice to have gapless, and also to see auto-resume start at the exact spot in the song (when last turned off).

I tell myself these things to strengthen my resistance (which I'm sure will continue to be whittled away with further ecstatic impressions lol)

The skipping of first 2-3 seconds of a song also, it should be resolved

Dec 13, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #535 of 1,751

Oh dude, it doesn't have breakpoint memory function, either? Ok, yet another reason not to buy until Xduoo updates the firmware, lol. Thanks for strengthening my resume, as well. My wife appreciates it!

:wink_face:

Dec 13, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #537 of 1,751
Oh dude, it doesn't have breakpoint memory function, either? Ok, yet another reason not to buy until Xduoo updates the firmware, lol. Thanks for strengthening my resume, as well. My wife appreciates it!

wink_face.gif

Yer welcome lol. Btw, it restarts at the beginning of the song that was last played which might be okay for some, but I listen to a lot of long tracks so it's not ideal for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back