Unveiled: Meet the HD 620S
May 21, 2024 at 5:45 AM Post #301 of 449
Order placed against Amazon Germany, EDD on my door is 11-Jun-2024.

May 21, 2024 at 7:02 AM Post #302 of 449
Order placed against Amazon Germany, EDD on my door is 11-Jun-2024.
Welcome to the HD 620S Club! Looking forward to your impressions 👀

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
May 21, 2024 at 9:51 PM Post #303 of 449
That might be an option. A separate 2.5mm connector, 4.4mm pentaconn and the neccessary high quality copper would tickle my inner diy more though :)
The copper used on these cables tends to be a bit thin and not very manageable, so going with some aftermarket copper in a braid config, at least in my experience, has turned out for the better.
Have read through the thread till now and will finally weigh in here.

First, @Sennheiser friends- I predict that this is going to be a very successful product indeed. It may have a more mainstream than typical audiophile “reference” appeal, but there are plenty of us bass-heads (in the most audiophilic use of the word- impactful, fast, textured,naturally-decaying,there-when-you-need-it bass) in the audiophile community. Fact- Susvara users really love ❤️ that kind of good bass (check out that thread if you dont believe me). So if this set has that kind of bass, we are all good. I’m in, anyway.

Reading all the impressions on here so far (most of which are speculations, granted) it sounds like 620S will be close to a 660S2 in a 560s casing, with characteristics of both of those as well as the OG 600:. Plus the class leading isolation. HD 6XX was my first love as an audiophile. Here I sit again with them on my head listening thru a $7k rig with 6SN7 tubes from WWII lighting them up and it’s hard for me to imagine something better from your line. But this 620S sounds a step up. We’ll see.

I have Hart Audio cables for almost every set I own (not 6xx- got after market balanced Dekonis for those). Hart use Mogami copper in their cables. On Hifiman they tend to take a bit of the edge off the treble peak in eg Aryas. I found it a bit too much ‘smoothing’ on the Susvaras and went back to stock. Given that the ‘non-sibilant bite’ that you report for the 620S treble, if that Hart ‘treble smoothing’ effect holds for this set also, they may be good for those who are a bit worried/annoyed about that bite. I will probably wait to see how I like the SQ via stock cable before I order a balanced one, and given my other experiences I’d probably consider something else other than Hart, even though they are not expensive for me here in the USA. YMMV.

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 9:51 PM Post #305 of 449
Have read through the thread till now and will finally weigh in here.

First, @Sennheiser friends- I predict that this is going to be a very successful product indeed. It may have a more mainstream than typical audiophile “reference” appeal, but there are plenty of us bass-heads (in the most audiophilic use of the word- impactful, fast, textured,naturally-decaying,there-when-you-need-it bass) in the audiophile community. Fact- Susvara users really love ❤️ that kind of good bass (check out that thread if you dont believe me). So if this set has that kind of bass, we are all good. I’m in, anyway.

Reading all the impressions on here so far (most of which are speculations, granted) it sounds like 620S will be close to a 660S2 in a 560s casing, with characteristics of both of those as well as the OG 600:. Plus the class leading isolation. HD 6XX was my first love as an audiophile. Here I sit again with them on my head listening thru a $7k rig with 6SN7 tubes from WWII lighting them up and it’s hard for me to imagine something better from your line. But this 620S sounds a step up. We’ll see.

I have Hart Audio cables for almost every set I own (not 6xx- got after market balanced Dekonis for those). Hart use Mogami copper in their cables. On Hifiman they tend to take a bit of the edge off the treble peak in eg Aryas. I found it a bit too much ‘smoothing’ on the Susvaras and went back to stock. Given that the ‘non-sibilant bite’ that you report for the 620S treble, if that Hart ‘treble smoothing’ effect holds for this set also, they may be good for those who are a bit worried/annoyed about that bite. I will probably wait to see how I like the SQ via stock cable before I order a balanced one, and given my other experiences I’d probably consider something else other than Hart, even though they are not expensive for me here in the USA. YMMV.
They don’t have the 650 cables. They have a single input 1/8 jack.

May 22, 2024 at 11:16 PM Post #306 of 449
I have them. Received today from BH Photo. Compared to my favorite closed phones (Liric 2) they do compete. Wider soundstage. Less dynamic and none of the tight bass thump you get with the Liric 2. But close enough to make them a great buy. Playing on a FiiO K19.
Will be interested to hear your detailed impressions after burn-in. @ericpalonen, how long is burn-in recommended for the 620s?

May 23, 2024 at 12:32 AM Post #308 of 449
Also @ericpalonen , hearing some have started to receive them ... was the June date conservative? Are some dealers getting them sooner?

Would be very exciting if so!

May 23, 2024 at 1:00 AM Post #310 of 449
May 23, 2024 at 1:24 AM Post #311 of 449
Yeah, I just want to know if *other* dealers might be sending them out early, since I already have an order in elsewhere.

Not doubting that people have started to receive them.

May 23, 2024 at 5:55 AM Post #313 of 449
I have them on a burn in - checked in this morning and they’ve opened up quite a bit.

I don’t think they’ll ever have the bass punch and overall depth and dynamics of the Liric 2, but they sound great anyway. Not exactly a fair fight.

Excellent passive noise cancellation too. Far better than Liric 2.

May 23, 2024 at 7:56 AM Post #314 of 449
I have them on a burn in - checked in this morning and they’ve opened up quite a bit.

I don’t think they’ll ever have the bass punch and overall depth and dynamics of the Liric 2, but they sound great anyway. Not exactly a fair fight.

Excellent passive noise cancellation too. Far better than Liric 2.
Do you have any of the other Sennheisers /similar level closed backs to which to compare? As you say, though another closed back, Liric 2 is a $2k USD headphone, it ought to be much better technically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back