Unsatisfied with condition of Stax O2 bought from Head-fier: Am I too picky?
Jan 24, 2009 at 3:13 AM Post #16 of 22
Yes, I am for real. I'm sure there are quite a few members on Head-fi who like to keep their equipment in top condition. Maybe this is a lesson for the few of us
smily_headphones1.gif
People who've read my posts know that I'm not nit-picky. Personally, I don't think this is a case of nit-pickiness, but of course, all of you disagree, so I'll agree with you.

Waiting for more than a month and knowing how few O2 Mk1s pop up these days, I jumped too quickly on these.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think they look okay as well.

used even if in very good condition is still used - hence the discount. if you want perfect, you have to buy new. also, i don't think those items you mentioned will affect resale value if you ever decided to do that.

enjoy the O2 and don't worry about the little things.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for your sanity vcoheda. The O2 is definitely an "end-of-the-line" headphone
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #18 of 22
Yes you are too picky, and expect way too much in a used headphone that is priced as such.

Not only are you holding someone else to a ridiculous standard, you called out one of the most respected members of this forum publicly with no valid reason.

Justin advertised the headphones as being in good condition. IMO, and obviously the opinion of most others here, that's exactly what condition they're in. He made no false claims and your innuendo of staging the photos to not reveal the flaws is absurd and slanderous.

Furthermore it's my opinion that you owe Justin an apology.

Jan 24, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #20 of 22
for their age they look fantastic to me. Its a headphone, not a showroom car.

Unless you wanted something that you could vacuum seal in an acrylic case and send off for a professional grade before placement into your time capsule you really shouldnt feel the way you do. Thats obsessive. Aside from the fabric wear they look like i'd expect direct from the factory.

Be happy, seriously.

Jan 24, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He made no false claims and your innuendo of staging the photos to not reveal the flaws is absurd and slanderous.

You're right. I am being a bit too overboard with this. I'm trying to impose my practice of taking pictures of imperfections on someone else.

It's tough to go anywhere with this, as any description would be subjective. I'm sure many people would say it's in "very good condition" for being used.

I would appreciate it if a mod would close this thread! If not, we can leave it for people to throw tomatoes at me.

Thanks for your offer HeadphoneAddict, but I'm fairly satisfied with this one!

Jan 24, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #22 of 22
I agree that it's a good idea to close this thread. The question was asked and answered (by many) so anything further wouldn't be productive at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back