ksc75smile.gif

Oct 27, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #182 of 270
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm having trouble hearing you with OK Computer turned up so loud
ksc75smile.gif

lol

Sep 24, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #183 of 270
While I am none too fond of any "radio music" (from the 30s through the 00s), I have come to especially loathe the anguished vocals of some U2-wannabe (not that I would rather actually be hearing U2!!) whose vocal posturings I am forced to endure almost every time I enter a certain discount clothing store.

While the young and no-longer-so-young men who frequent the place go there to shop for cheap (and mostly hideous...) jeans, I repeatedly put up with the singer coming over the P.A. for the occasional score of Egyptian cotton socks at 30% of their original price. They're certainly a bargain, but are they really worth the aural torture?

Sep 24, 2011 at 4:26 AM Post #184 of 270
Firstly, this is all in my humble opinion and I do not intend to cause any offense. I have unpopular/uncommon musical opinions. 
rolleyes.gif

• I loved film soundtracks the most because in my honest opinion, it fits every dear emotion in the story. (UP, Ratatouille and Schindler's List has one of the best soundtracks)
  • Metal doesn't really suit my taste because of the horrible screamings and excessive no-dynamic loudness.
  • I find opera songs very scary. (Don't know why but maybe it's because of the weird plays such as "Sweeny Todd" and others but I love the Phantom of the Opera)
  • Jazz is type of genre that connects emotion (yes I feel it) but can never be understood.
  • Music nowadays is mostly dead to my ears. The lyrics reflect nothing but partying, sex, etc. 
  • I'm never a fan of Justin Bieber but he can sing well and I respect that. There are a lot of singers (even legends) out there that cannot really sing.
  • Music 60% describes the character of the person. (eg/ people who listen to classical music are usually calm) 

So there you have it. 
beyersmile.png

Sep 24, 2011 at 5:04 AM Post #185 of 270
+1 on Bieber.

I'm not a fan of his current material, but he has talent and seems like a nice kid.

If he matures into better material, I might be a fan. I'd like to see him drop the teen hearthrob stuff and get into standards. That might be worth buying a ticket to or a few CDs.

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #186 of 270
I don't like classical music, Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, Bach, Brahms any of it.

Because of this thread I am now listening to The Animal Collective and wonder if you don't like them do you like The Flaming Lips, Mercury Rev or The Beta Band?

Is it not odd how tiny differences in bands can mean the difference between love and hate?

Oct 23, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #192 of 270

Quote:
Firstly, this is all in my humble opinion and I do not intend to cause any offense. I have unpopular/uncommon musical opinions. 
rolleyes.gif

• I loved film soundtracks the most because in my honest opinion, it fits every dear emotion in the story. (UP, Ratatouille and Schindler's List has one of the best soundtracks)
  • Metal doesn't really suit my taste because of the horrible screamings and excessive no-dynamic loudness.
  • I find opera songs very scary. (Don't know why but maybe it's because of the weird plays such as "Sweeny Todd" and others but I love the Phantom of the Opera)
  • Jazz is type of genre that connects emotion (yes I feel it) but can never be understood.
  • Music nowadays is mostly dead to my ears. The lyrics reflect nothing but partying, sex, etc. 
  • I'm never a fan of Justin Bieber but he can sing well and I respect that. There are a lot of singers (even legends) out there that cannot really sing.
  • Music 60% describes the character of the person. (eg/ people who listen to classical music are usually calm) 

So there you have it. 
beyersmile.png

Well said.  I agree.

Oct 23, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #193 of 270
Because of the patience of both the radio station and the label, the rock music of the 1970's produced the most in-depth and diverse rock music in history....much of which was bad and much of which was very good.  Nobody had to conform to anyone's expectations.  Ex: 1971, "Hocus Pocus", "Frankenstein" and Deodato "2001" being played on AM radio???  You Kiddin' me?

In todays world, a Bruce Springtenn would have never made it where it took 3 albums before he caught on back 3 decades ago.

Oct 24, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #194 of 270
Bruce Springsteen had a huge hit before he even recorded a single album... Blinded by the Light by Manfred Mann.

Oct 24, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #195 of 270
Here are some of my unpopular opinions in regards to the average guy:

1. I think Lady Ga Ga is the greatest pop female singer since Karen Carpenter
  2. Abba is brilliant 
  3. While I love and grew up with classic rock, a lot of it has become stale in many ways and somewhat trite. 
  4. Classical music can be funny in a comedic way without words. 
  5. Jazz can also be funny too.
  6. Celine Dion has a great voice (but I wouldn't buy any of her CDs though)
  7. Music sung in a foreign language can still be great even if I don't understand. (most Americans don't listen to music outside of English)
  8. The clarinet is a great instrument
  9. It's OK to wear a Poison or Motley Crue shirt even if you are a death metal head. (No I don't own a shirt)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back