Unknown, rare, but fantastic artists you think people should know about
Nov 16, 2010 at 2:30 PM Post #47 of 80
Thanks, I liked these very much!
Quote:
Lots of fantastic artists and music guys! Keep it coming!

There's a classical pianist that has done recordings of Ravel and Schumann which I find breathtaking:

Quote:
This band isn't mainstream, but yet maybe some of you have heard of them. They are amazing, one goal in my life is to see them live. Highly recommended. 

Nov 18, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #48 of 80
I don't know if you can find any music by these guys, but I was in band with the leader of this group in H.S. and he's an absolutely fantastic trumbone player with sensational music skills. Google 'Dan Gabel and the Abletones' and see what comes up. He's got a website and he performs in Central MA metro Worcester area. If you get the chance, go see these guys or pick up their CD. You'll be impressed. I secretly believe he's gonna be one of the greatest trumbone players of all time.

Nov 20, 2010 at 3:42 AM Post #51 of 80
Music officially died in 1827. Kudos to anyone who knows the significance of that date.

Nov 20, 2010 at 12:09 PM Post #53 of 80
Being from Canada, we have way too many under-appreciated Indie acts.

Winter Gloves - Indie Pop
Arkells - Alt Rock
Cadence Weapon - Rap/Electronic
Grand Analog - Rap/Jazz
Hot Hot Heat - Rock (The new album Future Breeds is amazing.
k-os - Rap/R&B/Jazz
Handsome Furs - Alt Rock/Electronic
Wolf Parade - Alt Rock
Think About Life - Electronic
Plants And Animals - Alternative
Japandroids - Garage Rock
TMDP - Electronica
Shad  - Rap
DL Incognito - Rap
_____
Also some international acts that should be huge.
Kasabian - Rock with intense Bass and Electronic elements (Honestly my favourite band. Anyone who listens to anything from Oasis to AC/DC should check them out)
Phantogram - Techno
Galactic - Jazz/Funk/Hip-Hop
Local Natives - Alt Rock/Folk
Miami Horror - Electronica
The Kickdrums - Alternative Rock
Jamaica - Alternative Rock/Electronic
____
I also have an Australian Techno fetish. hehehe
PNAU
Grafton Primary
___
Last but not least - JCSZ - Parody (I'm in it with my friends, second mixtape coming out soon)

Nov 20, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #54 of 80
Forgive the terrible quality of this video but. . .

The Appleseed Cast is by far the least recognized band that I think should be super famous for how amazing they are.

Good little post rock band who always seems to amaze me with their instruments, They seriously know how to compose music on a level I've never heard from any other popular artist.  The amount of talent that has  come to form this group is more then I've ever  imagined.

The Vocals: By far their weakest part, the singer is good for what he does but it's obvious it's not the main focus of this  band. The Lyrics may only be a few lines but the words are meaning full to the album on a whole. You'll see this in the song I posted, it's a 4 minute with exactly 2 lines of lyrics. The words are still meaning full but they are a back drop to the music.

The Guitars: Oh my god, I can't even put into words how amazing they sound, truly these guys are incredible musicians to be able to entrance me so with the amazing Melody's and Harmony's these guitarist can produce. Like yin and yang they seem to balance each other and feed off each others energy. Truly an immaculate  experience.

The Drums:  The icing on the cake they aren't overly done but this music is certainly not lacking it's Mids and Bass which are eagerly provided  and mesh well with the music. I'm not percussion expert at all but I kknow what I like and so far very few bands have had drummers that really stood our, The Appleseed Cast is definately one of the prized few.

If I had to choose one band I would listen to for the rest of my life it might be these guys. And I'm probably going to pick up headphones that sound best for this band some time in the futre, they will be my Appleseed Cast Cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back