Unknown, rare, but fantastic artists you think people should know about
Oct 26, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #31 of 80
"Paint A Picture" by Fantasy, interesting. Sounds seventies-ish. I am still not done digging for music in that era. 

Caro Emerald is now 'hip' in the Netherlands and live pretty good if I may say so. Who knows if Europe will fall for her charm. 

Two names:
Kagrra: Japanese Pop/Rock with a very interesting sound, these guys are good.
Willem Breuker Kollektief: Jazz, Classical, improvisations and whatever they fancied, this group of musicians has its very own sound. Jazz lovers will also point you in the direction of the ICP and BV Haast. BV Haast is the (independent) record company/label that supports the WBK and ICP (Instant Composers Pool).

Oct 27, 2010 at 4:57 AM Post #32 of 80
OMG!!! that was amazing!!!

THANK YOU for posting

Quote:
A good few artist,s in here i think everyone should listen to this very talented fellow.
smily_headphones1.gif

jack conte.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBUUOJpFg9Y&ob=av2e

Nov 8, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #39 of 80
Crazy Joe And His Madriver Outlaws.  Killer Guitarist and song writer...Joe, has played with all the "Rock-a-billy Greats"....   
IMG%201.jpg

[size=xx-small] [/size]

Nov 9, 2010 at 2:13 AM Post #40 of 80
I don't know how unknown these are, after all I am aware of them
wink_face.gif

Clutchy Hopkins.  No, I don't know who he is either. All I know is that he (assuming it is just one guy) makes some great funky wierd music.
Clutchy Hopkins - Turtle Rock
Clutchy Hopkins - Song for Wolfie

Dub Trio.  Three highly respected studio musicians formed a dub, punk, metal, whatever band.  What's not to like?

The Tossers.  They're a celtic punk band that's really well known here in Chicago, but I'm not sure how well that translates outside of the area.  On the celtic punk spectrum they fall far closer to The Pogues than they do to Dropkick Murphys.  As a matter of fact here is a cover of The Pogues' "Young Ned of The Hill".  In my opinion, they kill it.

Nov 11, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #41 of 80
Lots of fantastic artists and music guys! Keep it coming!

There's a classical pianist that has done recordings of Ravel and Schumann which I find breathtaking:

Here's an electronica duo that I listened to a lot a few years back. Not sure how famous they are..:

a few other songs that might be of interest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhQN-sWxzkU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dm4y9s9vjA&feature=related

Lastly, hese guys aren't really that unknown anymore, but I just can't get enough of this song, and outside Europe I'd bet they're not that well known:

Nov 12, 2010 at 7:43 AM Post #42 of 80
For any interested in the psy genre, incredible electronica (not your typical doof doof) or would like to try something out of their comfort zone:

Neelix.  This guy runs a production school in Germany.  Incredible and quite varied.  Tunes to hear - You're Under Control, Disco Decay, Senses, many more. 

Vibe tribe.  Unbelievable.  I have still not found an artist I can go back to consistently and still be amazed. Tunes to hear - Stringadelic, Rearranged, A million little pieces, Vinyla sky, Spun.

Digicult.  solar system soaring, super atmospheric and very nice variation from progressive to tech to astral. Tunes to hear - Last Warning, Icarus one

Electrypnose. If you want to test your speakers this is the music.  Very high production quality and he is a master of intricacy...His conceptualisation is beyond belief, some is quite dark though.  A tune to hear - Balabala, 1 Fusion.

Solar Fields. Great ambient.   A tune to hear - Das Bungalow...instant feelgood.

Symphonix.  Awesome progressive but with a nice bounce, very nice for commute.  Tunes to hear - Good Old Times, Miles to go.

Ace Ventura. (maybe more well known) - The album Rebirth...it is one of those few you can just close your eyes and listen to from start to finish, lost in another world.

H.U.V.A network (a terrible name yes BUT), album Ephemeris - just beautiful, easy to listen to also.

Entheogenic (also maybe more well known), very organic and uplifting.  Tune to hear - Light Ocean Blue

And lastly a couple of great one offs:

Teleskop by Alter Breed

Peaches on the Moon by Bizzare Contact

Go on take the plunge.  And thanks for sharing, some gold in this thread!

Nov 12, 2010 at 7:54 AM Post #43 of 80
I have been enjoying this artist Mui for some years now. It's an instrumental electronic/organic album. Bit nostalgic, laid back. Pretty sweet for a Sunday for example. Needed to be said.

Check: http://www.juno.co.uk/products/201225-01.htm

Nov 15, 2010 at 9:23 AM Post #44 of 80
This band isn't mainstream, but yet maybe some of you have heard of them. They are amazing, one goal in my life is to see them live. Highly recommended. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back