Universal fit for JH13??
Nov 9, 2009 at 3:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

bajaiman

Head-Fier
I’ve been interested in getting a pair of JH13…. But due to some reasons (unusual ear canals shape and fear of improper fit) I was thinking if anyone know if JH sells JH13 in universal fit shell…

I’m aware that a few people have auditioned JH13 in a universal fit and I’d like to ask those who have auditioned this, what shape were the shells? Were they like W3/UM3x/Shure530 or more like triple.fi 10pro?.

What would be the main disadvantage of JH13 in universal fit?. I would assume slightly worse sound quality, as for isolation I found W3/UM3x provide almost as good isolation when I had impressions done....
Would the sound quality degrade so much such that it is pointless to make JH13 for universal fit?...

If JH audio can somehow cram 6 drivers in W3/UM3x shell I’d be really really tempted….

Nov 9, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #2 of 15
The demo, or universal fit, JH13 is in an acrylic custom shell, with silicone eartips. There is no way for them to fit 6 transducers to the 3 transducers housing of the W3/UM3X even if they try.

Nov 9, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #5 of 15
Thanks a lot for the link.

The silicone tips (hard-ish type I assumed) that were on the JH13 demo were like one of the tips for IE8. When I used this tips on my IE8 I couldn't get proper seal hence lack of bass....

I'm assuming that the tips can be changed with the ones from IE8 or Westone/Shure....

Nov 9, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #6 of 15
None of us would know whether JHaudio is gonna go for universals. They might, in future, but god knows what the shape of the shell would be like for JH13pro. And of course the sound difference, that's a question mark. Maybe you can ask those who have TF10pro and UE10pro for reference...

Nov 9, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #7 of 15
I'm gonna have to drop by both Jaben and Stereo when I go back to Singapore. lol. I've never been to 'em =( I'd really like to have a listen to the JH13s

Nov 9, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #8 of 15
Jaben has JH13 demo in their store??...hehehe...if thats the case I'll stop by their shop when I visit Spore later this december for holiday...excellent
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 9, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by bajaiman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jaben has JH13 demo in their store??...hehehe...if thats the case I'll stop by their shop when I visit Spore later this december for holiday...excellent
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL. i might even bump into u there! lol

Nov 9, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #11 of 15
nice! i will be in Singapore next month , this will be the highlight of the trip!! ..not my mates wedding
tongue.gif
booyah

Nov 9, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Though I'm just repeating what I've heard, I've been told Jerry was asked if he would make a universal, and the answer, at least for now, is no.

Awwww...that just sucks balls!
frown.gif
... thanks a lot for the heads up tho...... I guess my email to them will be ignored... I'm sure there is a market for universal fit JH13 if they decide to make them available.

Nov 9, 2009 at 9:20 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by migsev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't they do one in the demo style for you? Try writing/calling them to ask. Technically, its a custom as its made for you...isn't it? Haha!

lol. mate, i hope pool start wakin' up soon. shrugs. this season has been disastrous so far.

Nov 9, 2009 at 9:22 AM Post #15 of 15
Considering it will still cost you 1099 bucks to get it I would prob go for the customized edition since you will take a major hit not have that seal that you get when it is sculpted to your ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back