Unique Melody MEXT Announcement and Impression Thread
Jan 28, 2022 at 1:50 AM Post #61 of 298
After testing with many tips The epro tips for wireless iems are the winners. They allow a semi custom deep fit, very comfortable and the soundstage is 3d holographic with instruments popping from all directions. Sparkle is there but No fatigue at all.
Give them a try if you have trouble with stock xelastec and silicon tips.

Love this sound.

Comparison with my current iems:

U12t with m20 vs Mext
+ More apparent details, more precise imaging, less warm/smooth
- Even if excellent for ba, u12t is behind Mext for slam and decay, Mext soundstage is wider, higher and more 3d, Mext is smoother/warmer

Z1r vs Mext
+I find z1r and Mext soundstage similar but z1r is still a bit wider/deeper. Bass is more precise
-Mids are more present in Mext. Good Fit is easier. Mext are smoother

V14 vs Mext
+v14 is incredibly fun with switches to tune the sound. Est treble has more sparkle. Separation is incredible. Semi custom fit. Bass is good
- Mext soundstage is bigger and more 3d holographic. DD bass is better. Smoother

Ranking my iems:

Z1r
Mext=U12t - if you know what you want
V14

I can’t compare in detail Mext to my previous iems (legend x og, Phantom, Andros, Solaris 20, mest mkii etc etc) since I should go by memory but I still remember why I sold them so let me know if you need a more general comparison.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #62 of 298
MEXT ordered, looking forward to trying it. I sold MEST MKII as it did lean too analytical for me, it lacked the emotional engagement I tend to prefer. Plus the bass didn't kick quite hard enough... It sounds like MEXT solves both!

Jan 30, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #63 of 298
So, any thoughts on a MEXT review tour? See if it is actually better than some more expensive models or not. If you guys are interested, I am going to start a registration form tonight:beerchug:.
I'm an owner of quite a few iem's/headphones and recently purchased your MEST mk2 & EE Bravado mk2 from Andrew @MusicTeck.
I Absaloutly LOVE my MEST mk2, I'm 48 years old and have been into this hobby since the release of the walkman and NOTHING sounds like MEST mk2👍
I'm very much Intrested in MEXT and wanted to know if its possible to part of the review tour?

Jan 30, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #64 of 298
MEXT ordered, looking forward to trying it. I sold MEST MKII as it did lean too analytical for me, it lacked the emotional engagement I tend to prefer. Plus the bass didn't kick quite hard enough... It sounds like MEXT solves both!
At the time I sold the mest mkii for the same reason, not enough bass slam for me, they lacked a bit that dd decay and punch I like. If you are looking for emotional engagement plus bass slam, you will be happy with the mext, the bass is fantastic. I suggest tips that will allow you to have a deep fit, they change quite a bit with tips and fit . Epro tw tips did the trick for me.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #65 of 298
Shipped, hopefully they'll land here in Dublin by Wednesday. Can't wait.

Screenshot_20220131-203322_Gmail.jpg

Jan 31, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #66 of 298
Well I've been listening to my set of the MEXT for a few days now and I'm hesitant to gush too much, but .. I have to just be honest about my feelings.. This set is glorious. It is over-the-top excellent for all genres including classical, which is a big requirement for me. I honestly haven't had one moment w the MEXT where i felt like anything was missing or didn't quite like something, nothing. It doesn't do anything wrong. No weaknesses. If you like lots and lots of treble this might not be the one for you, maybe. Because this is a smooth set. I don't think it's missing detail in the treble frequency though. Everything is there as others have said. So if you can live w smooth detailed treble then maybe you might not miss out.

What are it's strengths? The bass is accurate as hell. It does all of the kinds of bass. The mids have weight and very detailed. Overall there is a lot of resolution going on here and there is a nice stage w great positioning, depth and layering of the instruments. On the whole, I can't find fault w the tonality. It's easily amongst the best I've heard tonally. It might be the best?

In a nutshell that is what this iem is bringing to the table. I haven't even cable rolled w it yet and I already am in love w it. That's saying a lot as I am a picky SOB. The MEXT should go down as a classic. Really excellent work Unique Melody!

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 7:35 PM Post #67 of 298
Well I've been listening to my set of the MEXT for a few days now and I'm hesitant to gush too much, but .. I have to just be honest about my feelings.. This set is glorious. It is over-the-top excellent for all genres including classical, which is a big requirement for me. I honestly haven't had one moment w the MEXT where i felt like anything was missing or didn't quite like something, nothing. It doesn't do anything wrong. No weaknesses. If you like lots and lots of treble this might not be the one for you, maybe. Because this is a smooth set. I don't think it's missing detail in the treble frequency though. Everything is there as others have said. So if you can live w smooth detailed treble then maybe you might not miss out.

What are it's strengths? The bass is accurate as hell. It does all of the kinds of bass. The mids have weight and very detailed. Overall there is a lot of resolution going on here and there is a nice stage w great positioning, depth and layering of the instruments. On the whole, I can't find fault w the tonality. It's easily amongst the best I've heard tonally. It might be the best?

In a nutshell that is what this iem is bringing to the table. I haven't even cable rolled w it yet and I already am in love w it. That's saying a lot as I am a picky SOB. The MEXT should go down as a classic. Really excellent work Unique Melody!
Ive been telling myself NO, you dont need another set. NO! you really dont need another set. Listen, I said NO. You're perfectly happy with everything you've got. Why do I keep reading these threads? Thanks a lot @equalspeace

Jan 31, 2022 at 7:47 PM Post #68 of 298
Ive been telling myself NO, you dont need another set. NO! you really dont need another set. Listen, I said NO. You're perfectly happy with everything you've got. Why do I keep reading these threads? Thanks a lot @equalspeace

Bro, this is an iem that is just as much at home rattling your skull w bass from a song like Big Shot from Kendrick Lamar as it is sorting busy passages on a song like Beethoven's Symphony no 2. in D major. For instance the Oriolus MK2 had the bass and mids but not the stage abilities or imaging of the MEXT. The Softears RSV had the tonality also and better staging capabilities than the Mk 2, but wasn't capable of the type of bass tonality and accurate texture that the MEXT can provide. The MEXT combines the strengths of these two aforementioned iems. It is a revelation. I was hoping for an iem like this and now it's here at a reasonably attainable price. For me, this is the one that fills my needs perfectly.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 8:02 PM Post #69 of 298
Bro, this is an iem that is just as much at home rattling your skull w bass from a song like Big Shot from Kendrick Lamar as it is sorting busy passages on a song like Beethoven's Symphony no 2. in D major. For instance the Oriolus MK2 had the bass and mids but not the stage abilities or imaging of the MEXT. The Softears RSV had the tonality also and better staging capabilities than the Mk 2, but wasn't capable of the type of bass tonality and accurate texture that the MEXT can provide. The MEXT combines the strengths of these two aforementioned iems. It is a revelation. I was hoping for an iem like this and now it's here at a reasonably attainable price. For me, this is the one that fills my needs perfectly.
Thanks Brother. I'm going to start cancelling orders and sell a few things, not so much for the finances, but I try to keep a 1 in 1 out policy and I really dont want a box of IEM I never listen to. Just a couple of Gems with different qualities I really enjoy when I roll through them. Thanks. Order for this one is going in!

Jan 31, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #70 of 298
Paired these with the Hans Sound Audio Nix 8-wire cable and yeah, this'll work haha. It's wringing out that last bit of capability from the beauties

Eh on second thought stock cable is the way for me for now. Nix started to sound a bit strange and I didn't like it with the cable that comes with the DUNU SA6.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #72 of 298
I can say with the deepest conviction that MEST2 is ultra special and nothing sounds like it, in fact i sold Monarch MK2 and ie900 is the other special iem this year.
Those 2 are the most complimentary iems in one's collection and pretty much anything else is irrelevant unles you have way too much money.
Just my 5 cents🤘🍻
Curious what caused you to sell both monarch and i900?

Feb 1, 2022 at 6:04 AM Post #73 of 298
Curious what caused you to sell both monarch and i900?
No I'm never selling ie900, also am not reading anything to make me sell MEST2, love it!
Monarch 2 is fantastic but didn't prefer it to those 2

Feb 1, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #74 of 298
MEXT vs. FH9! HALLELUJAH!

Feb 1, 2022 at 9:19 AM Post #75 of 298
MEXT vs. FH9! HALLELUJAH!

Exactly my thoughts! It will be a very interesting comparison, I suspect FH9 will be brighter anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back