Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Nov 10, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #1,081 of 7,320
Absolutely amazing iems. Mine arrived today. They are incredible

I notice you are in the UK, can I ask where you got your set from?

Nov 10, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #1,082 of 7,320
Someone on this forum sold them after only owning them for 3 days. He got them from musictek

Nov 10, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #1,083 of 7,320
Someone on this forum sold them after only owning them for 3 days. He got them from musictek

Thanks. I’ve been in touch with Musicteck. Just wondered if there was others selling them and sending to UK as well

Be good to get your thoughts on how they do for metal once you’ve had them for a while!

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #1,084 of 7,320
Last edited:
Nov 10, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #1,085 of 7,320
When the tip makes a seal in your ear you can hear the driver crinkle when you move it around.
Maybe that’s what I’m experiencing. It’s only happening on the left earpiece. But I’m chalking it up to it either being a bad cable or a bad socket on the iem.

Nov 10, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #1,086 of 7,320
Nov 10, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #1,087 of 7,320
Personally i'd go the custom route and maybe request for a flat connector.

On a side note, how do you know if the BC is working?

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #1,088 of 7,320
869C159D-39F2-4E29-87D4-731199BF8CBD.jpeg
AF99E2F1-7944-4C90-A6C2-B3897BBBCA50.jpeg
B8A46555-3691-44AC-BC5A-FE0DC8930322.jpeg

MEST with the best cable ever.

Nov 11, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #1,090 of 7,320
Just bought a mint 3 day old MEST that comes with a 4.4 cable. Anybody know of a non expensive 3.5 cable I can buy for them or a 4.4 to 3.5 converter. Need it for my hugo2
The absolute best cable you can buy money wise and value is a 7n pure silver yinwoo 8 core cable
This one is very cheap but I own one and it’s super high quality.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32879722167.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Nov 11, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #1,091 of 7,320
Thanks. I’ve been in touch with Musicteck. Just wondered if there was others selling them and sending to UK as well

Be good to get your thoughts on how they do for metal once you’ve had them for a while!

I bought from MudicTeck. They delivered within 3 days to Ireland. Can't recommend them enough.

Nov 11, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #1,092 of 7,320
I bought from MudicTeck. They delivered within 3 days to Ireland. Can't recommend them enough.
MusicTeck is great man. They ship fast as hell and the customer service is top notch too. Andrew from there has been a massive help to me.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #1,093 of 7,320
MEST vs CFA Solaris 2020?

I have the Solaris 2020 and before I bought it took a good look at the MEST universal (I posted earlier in this thread actually). I really went for the Solaris 2020 mostly due to more reviews/consensus of it being as it was less new at the time. Now the MEST has reached this point so it is a safer buy then it was.

Now, I should leave well enough alone because I do very much like the Solaris 2020. But, you know, this mad pursuit...:L3000:

Also, after the wow phase, I have found some slight to modest deficiencies in the Solaris 2020 (or, rather, I noticed them early on but they have become more pronounced to me over time), which, for me, is that it is kind of a big, bold, brash, in your face sound that presents the whole forest over the trees (which is a good thing to some extent). It is an exciting and engaging sound (that bass!), and does have great technicalities, but I do miss a more nuanced, subtle, or delicate presentation with more articulation, micro details, texture, accuracy, etc. It can sound a little thick or muddy at times (the bass does bleed into the mids imo; I'm using Final Audio E-Type silicon tips) too.

I'm worried about some saying the MEST sounds dry or has some hot treble. But my preferences tend to lean that way (in fact I was surprised by how much I enjoy the Solaris 2020 as it is not a lean, thin, or dry sounding IEM to me...the Moondrop Blessing 2, which I also own, has this type of dry/thin/lean tonality and I still enjoy it for being out and about), and treble doesn't easily fatigue me (I only listen at moderate to moderate loud volumes as well).

Anyway, any thoughts or direct comparisons would be appreciated, as I'm tempted to buy a MEST and compare and keep the winner. Sources would be the ibasso DX160 and RME ADI-2 DAC FS.

Edit: Also considering the Thieaudio Monarch as I've heard they compare to the MEST (or are very good IEM's overall) at about 1/2 the price.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2020 at 1:13 AM Post #1,094 of 7,320
MEST vs CFA Solaris 2020?

I have the Solaris 2020 and before I bought it took a good look at the MEST universal (I posted earlier in this thread actually). I really went for the Solaris 2020 mostly due to more reviews/consensus of it being as it was less new at the time. Now the MEST has reached this point so it is a safer buy then it was.

Now, I should leave well enough alone because I do very much like the Solaris 2020. But, you know, this mad pursuit...:L3000:

Also, after the wow phase, I have found some slight to modest deficiencies in the Solaris 2020 (or, rather, I noticed them early on but they have become more pronounced to me over time), which, for me, is that it is kind of a big, bold, brash, in your face sound that presents the whole forest over the trees (which is a good thing to some extent). It is an exciting and engaging sound (that bass!), and does have great technicalities, but I do miss a more nuanced, subtle, or delicate presentation with more articulation, micro details, texture, accuracy, etc. It can sound a little thick or muddy at times (the bass does bleed into the mids imo; I'm using Final Audio E-Type silicon tips) too.

I'm worried about some saying the MEST sounds dry or has some hot treble. But my preferences tend to lean that way (in fact I was surprised by how much I enjoy the Solaris 2020 as it is not a lean, thin, or dry sounding IEM to me...the Moondrop Blessing 2, which I also own, has this type of dry/thin/lean tonality and I still enjoy it for being out and about), and treble doesn't easily fatigue me (I only listen at moderate to moderate loud volumes as well).

Anyway, any thoughts or direct comparisons would be appreciated, as I'm tempted to buy a MEST and compare and keep the winner. Sources would be the ibasso DX160 and RME ADI-2 DAC FS.

Edit: Also considering the Thieaudio Monarch as I've heard they compare to the MEST (or are very good IEM's overall) at about 1/2 the price.
Keep in mind that the monarchs are hu-yuge, part of the reason why I went with the Voyager 14 instead, 14 armature but size of 3 armature iem. Monarchs sound similar to MEST besides the bc mid element. I think the MEST are bigger than V14, smaller than Monarch. So it’s in between in size/comfort, which is a huge factor for me personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back