Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread
Nov 2, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #841 of 926
Might consider the mages hmmmm

Nov 18, 2010 at 3:18 AM Post #842 of 926
Just got a picture sent through from UM of my Mages:

For all you people who already own these, keeping in mind I am ultra-paranoid, is that bump in the bottom right corner of the earphone on the right normal?

Nov 18, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #843 of 926
You're fine no worries. Your ears are just shaped that way, so they are molded that way. Try them on when you get them, they should feel fine. Good Luck!

Nov 18, 2010 at 4:47 AM Post #844 of 926
Reason I'm somewhat more worried is because this is the second mould they did after they got the colour wrong first time around (admittedly this was partly my fault because I changed my preferences by email mid-transit), and the first time around:

I can't see that same indent there on the left earphone, although that may just be the angle.

Nov 18, 2010 at 4:56 AM Post #845 of 926
The indent looking part on the surface of the concha isn't a indent, it seems to be the reflection of the light on the ceiling on your monitors. But for sure, something that big wouldn't get pass QC at UM.

Nov 18, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #846 of 926
Wouldn't the best way to check is to just wear them and see if they fit snugly and, most importantly, comfortably?
wink.gif

Excuse my inability to read.
I just realized you haven't gotten them yet. Whoops.
etysmile.gif

Nov 18, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #847 of 926
^^ :)

Quote:
The indent looking part on the surface of the concha isn't a indent, it seems to be the reflection of the light on the ceiling on your monitors. But for sure, something that big wouldn't get pass QC at UM.

Heh, looking at it now seems you're correct, since the light is coming from the right. I guess it creates that effect from the refraction/reflection of light. 

Nov 18, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #848 of 926
Agreed with Maodi, looks like a light reflection!

Due to the process they use to make your shells it is almost impossible to just have chunks or dents added randomly to your earpiece, short of your ear molds becoming strangely deformed when in transit.

Do make sure you give us your impressions once they arrive!!

Nov 18, 2010 at 7:58 AM Post #849 of 926

This is my SE530 remolding - first in-ear headphone . It is very good , sound is ok(high and mid is good , but bass is tight ) , shell is very nice , and artwork is great . Now , I want to find a good cable for this . Can you help me ? I want to find a cable with good price ( around 50-60 usd ) . Thanks .

Nov 22, 2010 at 7:15 AM Post #853 of 926

Quote:

Here's a picture of my personal pair of Mage~

They somehow match this pico and this i7 perfectly~

nice shells man!! the blue is freaking sexy!

Nov 26, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #854 of 926

Quote:

Due to the process they use to make your shells it is almost impossible to just have chunks or dents added randomly to your earpiece, short of your ear molds becoming strangely deformed when in transit.

Hmm, received them yesterday but the fit is pretty lacking. The left seals but coming from the ER4Ps at least doesn't seem tight enough. The right does not seal at all (both in terms of SQ and audibly from the lack of isolation) and sits considerably more loose detached from the ear than the left. I was also a bit surprised that they don't go as deep as I would have expected but that's a different issue.

What would you guys recommend I do?

I think the main issue may be that the impressions spent a month in transit (because of China's National Day) and I suspect they may have lost their original shape considerably (audiologist told me they should be good for 'up to' a month, I've read from comments here that 2 weeks is more realistic). I actually asked UM in China about this when they received them and they assured me they would fit tightly.

If I do take a second impression that's a further $50, but then again there's no guarantee they won't be delayed. Express shipping costs something ridiculous and I'm not really guaranteed all too much there either. Could I simply ask them for a medium increase in the size of the left nozzle end and a relatively larger increase in the right nozzle? Any idea how I would ask to make the right earphone less detached from the ear (sit more tightly against it)? Heck, are these alterations even possible?

Nov 26, 2010 at 2:50 AM Post #855 of 926

Quote:
Quote:

Hmm, received them yesterday but the fit is pretty lacking. The left seals but coming from the ER4Ps at least doesn't seem tight enough. The right does not seal at all (both in terms of SQ and audibly from the lack of isolation) and sits considerably more loose detached from the ear than the left. I was also a bit surprised that they don't go as deep as I would have expected but that's a different issue.

What would you guys recommend I do?

I think the main issue may be that the impressions spent a month in transit (because of China's National Day) and I suspect they may have lost their original shape considerably (audiologist told me they should be good for 'up to' a month, I've read from comments here that 2 weeks is more realistic). I actually asked UM in China about this when they received them and they assured me they would fit tightly.

If I do take a second impression that's a further $50, but then again there's no guarantee they won't be delayed. Express shipping costs something ridiculous and I'm not really guaranteed all too much there either. Could I simply ask them for a medium increase in the size of the left nozzle end and a relatively larger increase in the right nozzle? Any idea how I would ask to make the right earphone less detached from the ear (sit more tightly against it)? Heck, are these alterations even possible?

Here's the solution. You can simply send them back and ask UM lab to "add a layer" to the earpiece that you want to enlarge. By doing so, it will not affect the aesthetics of your ear pieces. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back