Unique Melody Maestro
Feb 10, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #91 of 189
  Just checking in to say I received Miracle and Maestro universals a few days ago, too. Enjoying them so far, especially Maestro. Popped those in and got an immediate smile on my face from the natural, effortless sound. Like SGS, I need to spend a bit more time with them and find my preferred tips.

Enjoying my review units of Miracle and Maestro as well!!!
wink.gif
  Spiral dot tips are the BEST with these!!!

Feb 10, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #93 of 189
so we have 3 TOTL from UM now , Maestro / Mentor / Mason ?

are there definite changes in how they sound ? i am confused with all these 10+ UM iems

i have Miracle and i like it a lot (will probably turn my uni model into custom) , just curious which of the 3 is like an improved miracle 
rolleyes.gif

Feb 10, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #94 of 189
  so we have 3 TOTL from UM now , Maestro / Mentor / Mason ?

are there definite changes in how they sound ? i am confused with all these 10+ UM iems

i have Miracle and i like it a lot (will probably turn my uni model into custom) , just curious which of the 3 is like an improved miracle 
rolleyes.gif

Mentor is a 10 driver unit. Maestro and Mason are both 12 driver units. However, Mason was designed and tuned for the Japanese market and has a bit more of a treble emphasis compared to the smoother response of the Maestro.

I would probably say the Mason is closest to the Miracle, but you would have to find a way to get one out of Japan haha

Feb 10, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #95 of 189
My understanding is that the Maestro was tuned with the American market in mind. In some regard it could be considered a fuller, more refined Miracle. Whether or not that is an improvement is up to the listener and their preferences. For me it is.

Feb 10, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #96 of 189
My understanding is that the Maestro was tuned with the American market in mind. In some regard it could be considered a fuller, more refined Miracle. Whether or not that is an improvement is up to the listener and their preferences. For me it is.

how much better than miracle you would say ?

also , how much do maestro cost ?

Feb 10, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #102 of 189

Wish they had the general frequency response chart like they used to

Lawrance, if you don't mind Vibro Veritas measurements:

Miracle

Maestro

Perfect L/R balance match!

Of course, FR curves don't tell the full story but rather help in seeing what we are hearing, but in my opinion these captures really do worth "many" words :wink:  I'm not going to jump into any detailed impression yet since I need more listening time and currently working on a few other reviews, but in general I can say with certainty that Maestro does scale up in sound quality to justify the price difference.  Oh, and universal shell footprint of 6-driver Miracle is nearly identical to 12-driver Maestro.  Now, that is something!!!

Feb 10, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #103 of 189
I was surprised the Miracle and Maestro shells were the same size, as well.

I'm even more surprised at just how small the 14-driver Empire Ears Zeus was when I tried it :blink:

I listened to Maestro while walking over to pick up my 4yo from pre-school, and the large shells isolate quite well. I am wishing the UM nozzles were a bit longer, though. Just got the Spiral Dots from the UPS guy. I'll give those a shot in a few minutes...

Feb 10, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #104 of 189
I was surprised the Miracle and Maestro shells were the same size, as well.

I'm even more surprised at just how small the 14-driver Empire Ears Zeus was when I tried it
blink.gif

I listened to Maestro while walking over to pick up my 4yo from pre-school, and the large shells isolate quite well. I am wishing the UM nozzles were a bit longer, though. Just got the Spiral Dots from the UPS guy. I'll give those a shot in a few minutes...

Update us on how the tips go XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back