Unique Melody IEM discussion thread(MEST, MEXT, Mentor, Mason, etc.)
Mar 20, 2024 at 7:20 AM Post #106 of 111
Listening to my UM Mest MK3 with Xduoo XD05 Pro (ROHM DAC & MUSES02 op-amps), sounds really good especially for female vocals! 😍
IMG_20240320_133744.jpg

Mar 20, 2024 at 8:58 AM Post #107 of 111
I agree with you, the MKIIIs are the best of the three. However, the differences are not that big. I know a few people who still prefer MKII or OG due to their strongly accentuated highs. What color did you choose? :)
I wouldn’t have thought the Mk3 highs were rolled back … then again I’m using Spinfit W1 which do shine a bit. And seems less of an issue with driver flex than the Azla xelastecs.

I’m mainly interested because my mest mkii’s hurt after a bit and the fit isn’t great for me. I’m also a musician and while I haven’t been using my mests live I’m starting to consider it, especially if they were customs. But as it is they start to hurt pretty quickly while I’m mixing or recording.
Customs with their deeper seal may aggravate driver flex? Someone with more expertise may chime in.

I found Azla Sedna fit max soft and comfortable. Otherwise I suggest also auditioning the Noble Audio Spartacus as an alternative to Mest 3.

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #108 of 111
20240427_204426.jpg
UM Mest Indigo + ifi go pod. Very nice combination for portable listening experience.

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #110 of 111
They look amazing.
My Go Pod had issues driving my MEXT
for some reason. Sub-par bass performance.
I sent it back for replacement (the Go Pods I mean) because they developed other problems also.
I also replaced my ifi go pod because the right side doesn't want to connect with the left side. So only the left side is connecting to my bluetooth adapter (Sennheiser BTD600). Luckily, I ordered from amazon and they send the replacement with next day delivery and I haven't even send the faulty one yet (boxed and ready to be drop off to UPS).
The replacement also has minor problem not related to audio (right side LED not always turned on when the case opened), but it is a no big deal for me.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2024 at 1:33 AM Post #111 of 111
Yes it seems that the audio part of the pods it's great but they need to fix many issues either with firmware updates or with a new version of the device.
I also had to send them back because after a reset, they could not get into pairing mode.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back