Unique Melody "Hera" cable the Same as Nordost Valhalla?
May 18, 2011 at 2:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

HiFi FOR METAL

100+ Head-Fier
I was looking at upgrade cables for my IE8 and saw this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pro-Upgrade-Cables-Hera-UE-Shure-280-450-800-650-/220783845050?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item3367be1eba#ht_1465wt_1141

It uses the specs for Nordost Valhalla speaker cable and even mentions Valhalla in the listing.

The only difference is Nordost clearly says on their website that Valhalla speaker cable is 8 nines copper with 70 microns of silver, but the listing has it as 6 nines copper. I am just wondering if anybody has tried this or any of their cables and could let me know how accurate these claims are.

I am also wondering if this company may have a Chinese connection to a shadow builder for nordost for their manufacturing, or if they are just ripping off the design?

May 18, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #2 of 6
Hey buddy, 

We just want to clarify that these cables aren't made by Unique Melody.  We do have access to Beat Audio who are the manufacturers of these cables.

We (Unique Melody) certainly don't rip off designs from other people, nor do we manufacture cables!

We (UM Australia) will follow this up shortly with Beat Audio though and try and find out more, we at UMAus personally have no experience with this range of cable.

May 18, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #3 of 6
So are you saying Beat Audio cables are not your product line, but someone else's?

Also the other Unique Melody website has the Hera on there, but nothing about the connection to Valhalla

they have it at this link

http://www.custom-iem.com/hera-beat-audio-earphone-cable-p-641.html?zenid=0be723f753a780b4947d2e158ddc8d90

I actually would be interested in this cable if it was like Valhalla since I am very familiar with the sound of Valhalla.

May 18, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
So are you saying Beat Audio cables are not your product line, but someone else's?

Also the other Unique Melody website has the Hera on there, but nothing about the connection to Valhalla

http://www.custom-iem.com/hera-beat-audio-earphone-cable-p-641.html?zenid=0be723f753a780b4947d2e158ddc8d90

I actually would be interested in this cable if it was like Valhalla since I am very familiar with the sound of Valhalla.

That is spot on.  

Unique Melody only sell custom in ear monitors and a black cable.  

Beat Audio are a totally separate company, however they do make cables which compliment the Unique Melody range well, hence they are offered by some Unique Melody distributors, UMAus included.

Sorry we can't help you out yet, we don't stock the Hera cable yet, but we're getting there.  It takes too long to get aquainted with all of these cables!  Once we find out more info about the 'Hera' cable and decide whether to stock it, we'll let you know.  Perhaps in the meantime you should email Stephen who runs custom-iem.  His email is stephenguo@live.com 

May 19, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
You can always talk to Peter @ DHC and he can possibly make you a cable, or have a DIY'er on Head-Fi make you one. Good luck 

It would be almost impossible to DIY something close to Valhalla, It is a highly engineered cable in it's manufacturing process and design and has something like a 60% rejection rate at production. 

Quote:
Quote:

That is spot on.  

Unique Melody only sell custom in ear monitors and a black cable.  

Beat Audio are a totally separate company, however they do make cables which compliment the Unique Melody range well, hence they are offered by some Unique Melody distributors, UMAus included.

Sorry we can't help you out yet, we don't stock the Hera cable yet, but we're getting there.  It takes too long to get aquainted with all of these cables!  Once we find out more info about the 'Hera' cable and decide whether to stock it, we'll let you know.  Perhaps in the meantime you should email Stephen who runs custom-iem.  His email is stephenguo@live.com 

Thanks for the Info I will contact them and see if they have any more details on the Hera. Unless someone else on the forum does. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back