Unique Melody double/triple hybrid universals announced: UM 2X & 3X Discussion thread.
Dec 19, 2013 at 5:48 AM Post #31 of 118
For anyone worried over the low impedance issue, I received feedback from their end:

"with an output impedance of 3 Ohms, you shouldn't have any problem driving the 3X without altering the frequency response."

Dec 19, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #35 of 118
Just had my 3X order updated to "completed", I was worried that the order had only just finished processing as there was no mention of dispatch/tracking but after getting a callback from UM (very impressed with the customer service so far) they've confirmed they will be arriving tomorrow morning 
bigsmile_face.gif
 I have a job interview tomorrow afternoon (the train journey should give me some listening time) and then I'm out for a Christmas meal, so I'll try and get a few snaps up tomorrow and some proper impressions up over the weekend if I'm not working!

Quote:
No one going for the 2?

I think with the available discount the 3X will prove more tempting for a lot of people for the time being :) 

Dec 19, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #37 of 118

I think with the available discount the 3X will prove more tempting for a lot of people for the time being :) 

Good luck with the interview. Also looking forward to the impressions.

Dec 20, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #38 of 118
Damn. I just asked about my Order and they said, that the next batch will arrive at the end of the next week.

At my doorstep, probably it will arrive a week later.

Dec 20, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #39 of 118
Got mine today, writing up my impressions now so I'll post them when they're done. Initial thoughts are positive, definitely going to let them burn in before comning to any conclusions.

Dec 20, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #40 of 118
I'd appreciate knowing what the stems are like, and what tips fit. All the pics I've seen have tips on, so would like to know what tip compatibility they have. Would appreciate a comparison against stagedivers as at half the price if they're good it's a no brainer.

Dec 21, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #41 of 118
Subscribed, very interested in comparison with Westone4, SM64, FA4 if possible, F111...

Dec 21, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #42 of 118
They're surely a much different beast than the F111?

Dec 21, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #43 of 118
Just to clear up some confusion, both the 2X and 3X will remain exclusive to UM UK for the moment. Should you wish to order globally, we offer international shipping and you can still get take full advantage of our launch promotion.

Dec 21, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #44 of 118
What tips do they take? Is there a comply type or are they more like the nozzles on the heirs?

Dec 21, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #45 of 118
Just to clear up some confusion, both the 2X and 3X will remain exclusive to UM UK for the moment. Should you wish to order globally, we offer international shipping and you can still get take full advantage of our launch promotion.

Any reason for that in particular?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back