Unique Melody double/triple hybrid universals announced: UM 2X & 3X Discussion thread.
Dec 17, 2013 at 2:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 118

Gofre

100+ Head-Fier

On Twitter earlier today Unique Melody announced their entry into the universal headphone game with two new products, the dual driver 2X and triple driver 3X. They're both hybrid designs, so a single BA/dynamic configuration in the 2X and a dual BA with dynamic driver for the low end in the 3X. There's two colour options, either clear shells with red and blue faceplates or an all-black model. 

Both models are available to order now from Unique Melody UK (I can't see them on the US/AU sites yet) for £199 and £249 respectively, with a £50 discount available for the next two weeks using the code UNIVERSAL50 at the checkout. No word on arrival dates yet, although having ordered the 3X I'm hoping they'll be ready to go soon! I'll be trying my hand at a review whenever they arrive.

Press release here, specs and more info here :)

Over the past few years, we have been inspired and humbled by the feedback and overwhelming support our customers have given us. We’ve collected all that feedback, and combined with years of experience building the best custom in-ear monitors around, launched the UM 2X and 3X – universal IEMs done differently!

Embarking into unchartered territory, the 2X and 3X is the result of rigorous testing and industrial design, utilising our in-house hybrid design technology along with cutting-edge 3D printing technology. The 2X features a 2-way design with 1 BA/1 Dynamic driver, while the 3X uses a 3-way design with 2 BA/1 Dynamic driver.

Dec 17, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #3 of 118
Ordered 3X 
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 18, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #12 of 118
  subbed too! anyone doing a review before the year ends?

correct! i was actually thinking of getting the same iem, but this guy popped and i'm waiting for more reviews....

Hoping there will be some sort of impressions by the end of the month, to save 50 pounds! lol

I've just heard from UM, my 3X will be shipping today "for delivery later this week", so I'll try and get some first impressions up over the weekend :)

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #15 of 118
Nice. Was very tempted by stagediver but these have got my curiosity now. Much more reasonable price for a custom universal. Similar sort of price that westone can be had in the uk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back