Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Jul 4, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #6,856 of 7,365
I appreciate the insight! The Spinfit W1's Small or Medium and Azla Crystal/Xelastec/SednaEarfit Light Short's Medium Small were great pickups.
I’ve kind of moved away from the crystals because I find them too difficult to fit some days. The W1 is great fit every time and delivers the goods.

Jul 4, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #6,857 of 7,365
I’ve kind of moved away from the crystals because I find them too difficult to fit some days. The W1 is great fit every time and delivers the goods.
The W1's are slightly smaller but do fit really well.. It's a little wasteful buying a pack tho.. I never use the large W1 Eartips.

Jul 5, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #6,858 of 7,365
MEST MKIII Bone conduction diagram.png
UM was kind enough to provide bone conduction measurement and I think its very usefull to ge a more global idea of what to expect in term of sound experience. graph find on the net omit whole BC since its not air transmission sound pressure level but different vibration speed and intensity...

this underline too why i can perceive so well the kick drum and mid bass edge (1). mids get extra details and presence texture as well as loudness projection, non shouty way(2)....then as expected BC excell in treble (3) and add brilliance(4), details edge and snap (3) and even echo and instrument decay texture and color(4)...
yes, Mest MK3 make the silence sound detailed (4). their some part of its musicality that is just impossible to describe, especially BC since it will magnify your subjective psychoacoustic awareness and cerebral interpretation....

Attachments

• MEST MKIII Bone conduction diagram (1).png
    MEST MKIII Bone conduction diagram (1).png
    43.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 5, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #6,860 of 7,365
I've now sent my Uni Indigo off to be turned into customs, and now the long wait begins! Has anyone got a custom Indigo here, just wondering how much it would differ from the universal?

More likely improved technicalities – BCD response, detail retrieval, soundstage, slight shift in treble etc – since it's custom to your ear.

Jul 5, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #6,862 of 7,365
I've now sent my Uni Indigo off to be turned into customs, and now the long wait begins! Has anyone got a custom Indigo here, just wondering how much it would differ from the universal?
This is so interesting...I'll be really interested how they turn out. Do you have other CIEM to compare with? My Indigo are still my fave!

Jul 6, 2023 at 2:34 AM Post #6,863 of 7,365
This is so interesting...I'll be really interested how they turn out. Do you have other CIEM to compare with? My Indigo are still my fave!
The only other CIEM I have is the Custom Art F7 Unlimited which is all BA, it has great synergy with the N7 DAP. I did prefer the uni Indigo using Spiral Dot ++ tips and EA Cadmus cable, I can't wait to hear the custom version. You just can't beat customs for the fit and you don't have all the faff of tip rolling, which is frustrating as I always have fit/seal challenges with my right ear.

Jul 6, 2023 at 3:15 AM Post #6,864 of 7,365
The only other CIEM I have is the Custom Art F7 Unlimited which is all BA, it has great synergy with the N7 DAP. I did prefer the uni Indigo using Spiral Dot ++ tips and EA Cadmus cable, I can't wait to hear the custom version. You just can't beat customs for the fit and you don't have all the faff of tip rolling, which is frustrating as I always have fit/seal challenges with my right ear.
Yeah I have an F5 ciem, they for like a glove, and it's nice to forget about tips. What do they charge for this?

Jul 6, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #6,865 of 7,365
I nearly got the F5 but then saw the Indigo come up in the classifieds and bought that instead. I had the original Mest when it came out and enjoyed that and after seeing all the glowing reviews for Indigo, thought it was a no brainer. I also saw that they were able to do customs for it too which was a massive bonus.

The cost to turn into customs is $820 plus shipping.

Jul 6, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #6,866 of 7,365
I nearly got the F5 but then saw the Indigo come up in the classifieds and bought that instead. I had the original Mest when it came out and enjoyed that and after seeing all the glowing reviews for Indigo, thought it was a no brainer. I also saw that they were able to do customs for it too which was a massive bonus.

Awesome I’m sure you will love the indigo. So did you do the customs option?
I debated a few times about it, ended up happy with the indigo stock sound.
I also like the option to use different tips depending on mood or when I‘m making tube rolling changes. I don’t use EQ and find it more interesting and fun to use tubes, ear tips, and cables to fine-tune the sound to my liking.

Another thing about getting custom size is for some people their ear shape can change over time.

Jul 6, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #6,867 of 7,365

Believe the keyboard played a trick, it is 280$ plus shipping for customs.

🙂

Jul 6, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #6,868 of 7,365
Awesome I’m sure you will love the indigo. So did you do the customs option?
I debated a few times about it, ended up happy with the indigo stock sound.
I also like the option to use different tips depending on mood or when I‘m making tube rolling changes. I don’t use EQ and find it more interesting and fun to use tubes, ear tips, and cables to fine-tune the sound to my liking.

Another thing about getting custom size is for some people their ear shape can change over time.
I love what I hear in it's universal form and sure it can only be better as a custom. I bought the uni version second hand with a view to make into customs if I liked what I heard. I didn't like it really, more loved it and went from there..so now have a long wait.
I used to like tip rolling but find it more frustrating these days just because my right ear doesn't play ball and can never get a prolonged seal. I dabbled with tubes a few years ago and that was a lot fun, but always come back to portable players.

I've had customs for a while now and never had any issues with my ear shape changing thankfully, and hope it stays that way :).

Jul 6, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #6,870 of 7,365
I wish that were the case if Liu's fingers slipped when emailing me but sure they wil be worth it :)
How did you give your ear impressions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back