Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
May 29, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #6,661 of 7,365
Be prepared to be disappointed, midrange of Mest MK3 will not be anywhere close to Multiverse. Though I do believe Mest has the superior treble drivers.
How does the sub bass sound on the multiverse compared to mest? Sounds like everything else is better…

May 30, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #6,662 of 7,365
For all those who really want to hear what bone conduction adds to the Unique Melody iems and want to enter the world of dongles without bleeding out, I recommend trying the iBasso DC04PRO ... with a minimum outlay of money they will immediately realize what it really brings bone conduction on the table. Perhaps, so far, it's one of the best dongles I've heard that makes full use of this UM technology. Low cost show. :wink:

May 30, 2023 at 4:28 AM Post #6,663 of 7,365
For all those who really want to hear what bone conduction adds to the Unique Melody iems and want to enter the world of dongles without bleeding out, I recommend trying the iBasso DC04PRO ... with a minimum outlay of money they will immediately realize what it really brings bone conduction on the table. Perhaps, so far, it's one of the best dongles I've heard that makes full use of this UM technology. Low cost show. :wink:
As the owner of a DC04Pro and a potential owner of a MEST MKII I am now curious.

Any potential reason as to why you feel the DC04Pro brings something different to the table compared to your other sources?

Or is this just one of those inexplicable synergy things

May 30, 2023 at 4:49 AM Post #6,664 of 7,365
How do we know or check whether our DAP/DAC/Amp/Dongle/USB DAC/etc. can bring out the UM bone conduction technology? Does iBasso DC04PRO have a special feature or new tech?

May 30, 2023 at 5:29 AM Post #6,665 of 7,365
Probably what makes the DC04PRO one of the best dacs (that I've heard) in bringing out the details inherent in the bone conduction of the Mests is precisely its tuning done by the iBasso technicians. The fact that it has a lot of punch in the bass and the voices very close up makes it even more evident what the bone conduction of the Mests does, in fact, to understand it, it is enough to change the iems for example I did it with the Monarchs and all the pops of the lips, the air that comes out of the mouth while singing and what was in the Mest frequencies, especially in the mid-bass, disappears... the details remain in evidence as well as the voices, but without that body they had just before . The body, in my opinion, was given precisely by the bone conduction not present in the Monarchs.

May 30, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #6,666 of 7,365
Compared to my other headphones and IEM’s I am hearing tones in a way I have never experienced with any other headgear. It just feels like a filter/veil has been peeled away and you never knew that extra layer was there.

May 30, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #6,667 of 7,365
Compared to my other headphones and IEM’s I am hearing tones in a way I have never experienced with any other headgear. It just feels like a filter/veil has been peeled away and you never knew that extra layer was there.
Using what equipment?

Jun 4, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #6,668 of 7,365
My Azla Xelastec tip for MEST MK2 became too loose and I grabbed a new pair, but in the process I decided to also purchase Azla Crystal tips.

Azla says there should be no difference in sound but I found Crystal smooths out peaks while still being very resolving in the treble region. Everything I threw at Crystal came across as sounding smooth and non-fatiguing. Mid-bass was also nicely played, though it does seem sub-bass was 2 to 3 db lower than the Xelastec tips.

Anyone looking to smooth the upper mids and treble of MEST MK2 should give Crystal an listen.

Jun 5, 2023 at 6:01 AM Post #6,669 of 7,365
My Azla Xelastec tip for MEST MK2 became too loose and I grabbed a new pair, but in the process I decided to also purchase Azla Crystal tips.

Azla says there should be no difference in sound but I found Crystal smooths out peaks while still being very resolving in the treble region. Everything I threw at Crystal came across as sounding smooth and non-fatiguing. Mid-bass was also nicely played, though it does seem sub-bass was 2 to 3 db lower than the Xelastec tips.

Anyone looking to smooth the upper mids and treble of MEST MK2 should give Crystal an listen.
I'd say, the same with the Spinfit CP100/145 tips.

Jun 5, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #6,670 of 7,365
Basically the Crystals are more resistant Xelastecs and more comfortable (less sticky)... now I'm just waiting for the Effect Audio Ares S 8W to arrive and with this my MKII upgrade is complete. :wink:

Jun 5, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #6,671 of 7,365
Spinfit CP360 working well with my Mest Indigo. Received the Symbio F eartips and they are not the type of foam tips that preserve treble or sound the same as silicone. I have a foam tip that doesn't fit well but sounds as good as silicone tips and the Symbio F are not those. Crystal clear sound with the Spinfit CP360, decreases the mid-bass slam (thankfully), preserves the sub-bass rumble, texture and crispness, and bright treble with no sibilance. Just clean, clean, clean sound. Tri Clarion tips are still on their way.

Jun 5, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #6,674 of 7,365
Farewell MEST MKII. mmexport1686012389012.jpg

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back