Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
May 7, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #6,541 of 7,350
Well, lucky for you I had both of those back to back. To me, either is as good as the other one. They both have a magical quality. I'm not going to use general audio terms to describe them. I'm just going to say when Norah Jones sings the line "Funny how my favourite shirt smells more like you than me" in "In the Morning" (SACD version is one of my vocal test tracks), the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Another one to mention is the Penon Impact, those three are all 1a, 1b, and 1c out of what I've had the privilege to hear.
Tyvm. So I guess it comes down to upper mids and treble. I prefer sounds of string plucking to pop out at me crisp and clear. Did u get that with any of the three?

May 10, 2023 at 2:43 AM Post #6,542 of 7,350
For anyone wondering about size and fit, feel free to ask any question:

IMG_5835.JPG
IMG_5837.JPG
IMG_5838.JPG

My ranking for fit:
1: Indigo
2: Mext biggest out of the 4 but is surprisingly confortable
3: 3DT close to the Mext in terms of feel but slightly smaller
4: Mest MKII the smallest but maybe too small for me

Last edited:
May 10, 2023 at 3:09 AM Post #6,543 of 7,350

IMG_5835.JPGIMG_5837.JPGIMG_5838.JPG

My ranking for fit:
MM is also big, at least as big as Mext.

May 10, 2023 at 3:16 AM Post #6,544 of 7,350
May 10, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #6,545 of 7,350
I wish I could try the MM, badly. Size is one thing but are they comfortable ?
IMHO the MM were just as comfortable as Indigo, the just protrude from the ear more.

May 10, 2023 at 3:47 AM Post #6,546 of 7,350
IMHO the MM were just as comfortable as Indigo, the just protrude from the ear more.
Ok so not a problem then. Thanks for Your input.

May 10, 2023 at 3:49 AM Post #6,547 of 7,350
Hello,

I need help with an issue I'm having with my DT990 Pro headphones. I recently changed the cable to a Dechabel cable, but now the left earphone is louder than the right one. Can you help me figure out what's causing this problem?

Please help me.

May 10, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #6,548 of 7,350

IMG_5835.JPGIMG_5837.JPGIMG_5838.JPG

My ranking for fit:
Not a size and fit question, but how's the Indigo different to the Mest2 sonically? Curious to hear your take 🙏

May 10, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #6,549 of 7,350
For anyone who ordered a custom, did you have your mouth open or closed when you were getting the ear impression? My last ear impression was open (for JH). I won't be singing or talking when I wear my customs so maybe a closed mouth ear impression would be better.

May 10, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #6,550 of 7,350
For anyone who ordered a custom, did you have your mouth open or closed when you were getting the ear impression? My last ear impression was open (for JH). I won't be singing or talking when I wear my customs so maybe a closed mouth ear impression would be better.
Mine were done mouth open by empire ears at canjam

May 10, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #6,551 of 7,350
Hello,

I need help with an issue I'm having with my DT990 Pro headphones. I recently changed the cable to a Dechabel cable, but now the left earphone is louder than the right one. Can you help me figure out what's causing this problem?

Please help me.
Does it happen with previous cable? If it happens only with the new cable, I would think the new cable probably has a defect in it. First I would re-check connections and make there there positioned right into the headphones and not reversed on one side if there a 2 pin connection. Most would have a mark or dot on one side make sure they’re both facing the same way.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/two-pin-connector-pin-polarity-help.913506/

May 10, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #6,553 of 7,350
when i wear universal IEMs, force is applied to the silicone tips when i close my mouth, causing me to hear the inner ear vibrations rumbling, which is undesirable. does this happen with CIEMs?
I'm the wrong guy to ask, I have TMJ (arthritis in the jaw), my left ear is bone on bone; I hear all kinds of clicks and pops...it affects the seal I get on my customs....

May 11, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #6,554 of 7,350
Not a size and fit question, but how's the Indigo different to the Mest2 sonically? Curious to hear your take 🙏
Punchier sub-bass (even more impact than MKII which I was already impressed by) and elevated mid-bass, the mids are definitely more prominent, great for voices ! Highs seem more controlled on tricky tracks and I would say there is a slightly better extension.
Imaging is what impresses me the most, the scene is deeper and wider. I didn't think that the gap would be this big between the two.
I was afraid that the separation would take a hit with all that bass but no, however I feel Indigos won't be as kind on poorly mixed/mastered recordings because of that.

Overall it's a great set, It is more organic and even more engaging than the MKII. I would say it combines what I like the most about the MKII (technical, very detailed and dynamic) and Mext (bass texture, voices and "more alive" sound).
I want to do more back and forth though, as for now I don't want to take them off my ears.

May 11, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #6,555 of 7,350
Punchier sub-bass (even more impact than MKII which I was already impressed by) and elevated mid-bass, the mids are definitely more prominent, great for voices ! Highs seem more controlled on tricky tracks and I would say there is a slightly better extension.
Imaging is what impresses me the most, the scene is deeper and wider. I didn't think that the gap would be this big between the two.
I was afraid that the separation would take a hit with all that bass but no, however I feel Indigos won't be as kind on poorly mixed/mastered recordings because of that.

Overall it's a great set, It is more organic and even more engaging than the MKII. I would say it combines what I like the most about the MKII (technical, very detailed and dynamic) and Mext (bass texture, voices and "more alive" sound).
I want to do more back and forth though, as for now I don't want to take them off my ears.
Nice comparison. Did you use the stock black/blue eartips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back