Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Apr 12, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #5,491 of 7,365
Put in an order for the Mest yesterday. Not surprised to see that they're now sold out. 100% of the sales is incredibly altruistic.

Apr 12, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #5,492 of 7,365
unicef MEXT already en route to me in the UK. Another outstanding Customer Service turnaround by Andrew at MusicTeck! Also funds for unicef will be getting to the Ukraine quickly as I see both models have now sold out. Looking forward to listening to these IEM’s greatly. Peace, Love and Healing to all.

Apr 12, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #5,493 of 7,365
unicef MEXT already en route to me in the UK. Another outstanding Customer Service turnaround by Andrew at MusicTeck! Also funds for unicef will be getting to the Ukraine quickly as I see both models have now sold out. Looking forward to listening to these IEM’s greatly. Peace, Love and Healing to all.
Thank you and all customers and head-fi members who are caring about this event. Andrew and I will work on the donation now, we will post the certificate once the process is finished.

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
Apr 12, 2022 at 7:43 PM Post #5,494 of 7,365
Put in an order for the Mest yesterday. Not surprised to see that they're now sold out. 100% of the sales is incredibly altruistic.
Me too. I got the Mest2 for Christmas and love them, so I was excited to get a backup, especially for such a good cause. For me, these are end game. I can't tell you how many times since getting them that I have listened to an old favorite and find myself wondering if it is a different version/recording than I'm used to, only to find out it is the same one I own!

Thank you UM and MusicTeck for such a generous and positive step. You folks are really special!

Apr 14, 2022 at 6:36 AM Post #5,495 of 7,365
Stage is definitely bigger - wider and taller which is more impressive but ultimately, I find the more 'stereo-sound' like delivery of IE900 more natural - coherency is stunning and for me a key factor for IEMs moving forward.

Yes if you can, good to have both and decide which is right for you.
What do you mean exactly by "stereo sound"? I'm interested in the MEST since it reminds me of my FH7 where sounds burst out at you from every direction, can the IE900 also do that or is it more linear?

Apr 14, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #5,496 of 7,365
What do you mean exactly by "stereo sound"? I'm interested in the MEST since it reminds me of my FH7 where sounds burst out at you from every direction, can the IE900 also do that or is it more linear?
MEST II is more holographic but IE900 is more “real” with its true to life soundstage.. depends on what you prefer. I’m keeping both and use them according to my mood / music

Apr 14, 2022 at 7:22 AM Post #5,497 of 7,365
MEST II is more holographic but IE900 is more “real” with its true to life soundstage.. depends on what you prefer. I’m keeping both and use them according to my mood / music
Which is more immersive and energetic? The FH7 doesn't have the most realistic soundstage but I found its presentation extremely engaging with the black background and intense imaging. I guess for reference I hated the Mangird Tea and disliked the Isabellae and Oracle because I found them boring. They all had strengths but the lack of dynamic energy made them almost worthless in my estimation.

Edit: The Isa's have decent dynamics but the poor detail retrieval, somewhat bloated bass and weak treble ruin a wonderful midrange.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #5,498 of 7,365

Agreed - the level of holography the MEST II achieves because of the implementation of its bone conduction driver is uncanny.

Apr 14, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #5,499 of 7,365
Which is more immersive and energetic? The FH7 doesn't have the most realistic soundstage but I found its presentation extremely engaging with the black background and intense imaging. I guess for reference I hated the Mangird Tea and disliked the Isabellae and Oracle because I found them boring. They all had strengths but the lack of dynamic energy made them almost worthless in my estimation.

Edit: The Isa's have decent dynamics but the poor detail retrieval, somewhat bloated bass and weak treble ruin a wonderful midrange.
That's a difficult question to answer without knowing your source gear and music preference. But generally, I'd say the MEST is more immersive, while the IE900 is more energetic for me. They are both great - the MEST for being value for money to bring an impressive array of different drivers together, and the 900 for doing wonders with a single DD.

Apr 14, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #5,500 of 7,365
Is there any technical differences (mainly the details and soundstage) between the OG MEST and MEST mk2? I've been seeing different answers on different reviews and I'd like to know your thoughts on these?

Apr 14, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #5,501 of 7,365
Looks very nice. :thumbsup:
20220414_134007.jpg

Apr 14, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #5,503 of 7,365
Mest MKII.jpg

Mine arrived yesterday. They look even better in person. They're a lot smaller than what I had expected. No complaints though, the fit and comfort are excellent because of it.

Yeah, the huge sound stage has been consistently impressive while using them.

Apr 14, 2022 at 2:52 PM Post #5,504 of 7,365
That's a difficult question to answer without knowing your source gear and music preference. But generally, I'd say the MEST is more immersive, while the IE900 is more energetic for me. They are both great - the MEST for being value for money to bring an impressive array of different drivers together, and the 900 for doing wonders with a single DD.
I'd be running them off of a BTR5 (high gain) and sometimes my Vali 2+ and Atom.

I listen to a lot of different music, but stuff like this is higher on the totem pole:

I guess an easier question would be which sounds more like an FH7. The IE900 sounds tempting I'm just worried they don't have the dynamics of the MEST, which I will happily sacrifice some coherency for. I'm surprised it's more energetic though, how much more?

Apr 14, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #5,505 of 7,365
Mest MKII.jpg

Mine arrived yesterday. They look even better in person. They're a lot smaller than what I had expected. No complaints though, the fit and comfort are excellent because of it.

Yeah, the huge sound stage has been consistently impressive while using them.

It looks like UM changed the faceplate to being flatter which is a good thing. I owned the original MEST MKII and the faceplate was more contoured which resulted in the metal “hats” falling off since they are just glued on. The contoured faceplate led to the hats not being glued on as well. Congrats on your purchase!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back