Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Feb 22, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #5,176 of 7,306
If you haven't already, try the Final Audio Type E tips. I love them. Very comfortable and open the mk2 up imo
No i haven't tried them with mest mk2 but i did use them with my Bravado mk2 and they were great with them
Thanx for the advice ill pick up a set of them with the tips Phaeton70 reccomended👍

Feb 22, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #5,177 of 7,306
well, as said every ears is different when it comes to tips, but being in your same situation after many trials I've settled with the Azla Sedna Light Short (NOT the Xelastec, these ones: https://www.azla.co.kr/product/sednaearfitlight-short/ ), you will just need to experiment with the size since it will depend on your ears, but with these I have a bass and subbass to die for with MEST2
Just making sure iv got the right ones?

SednaEarfitLight Short?​

Do you have any advice on size? Do you get the size you normally use or do you go up or down a size? I say this because i noticed they are actually made for TWS iems!
Many Thankd

Feb 22, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #5,178 of 7,306
Went straight to mk2 (because of reports of mk1 mids not being good initially) now considering indigo.
Went Indigo and my Mk2 feel neglected 🥺

Feb 23, 2022 at 12:38 AM Post #5,180 of 7,306
Can you share some impressions for Indigo and Mason FE? Is it a clear upgrade or minor improvement? Thanks

Just finished listening to the Mason FS and Indigo and here are some impressions using my Lotoo Ti and the Attila cable since I sold my M3 cable:

1) the Mason FS has a smoother presentation in the mids and trebles whereas the Indigo has an elevated lower treble that more readily reveals recording quality deficiencies. It’s sharper sounding while the FS is creamier.

2) the Mason FS has a headphone like stage but the Indigo is able to tease out more micro-detail behind one’s head giving the sense of a deeper stage. Could just be the difference in the shells and how they make contact with one’s ears.

3) the mid-bass on the Indigo is punchier than the Mason FS.

For half the price of the Mason FS, the Indigo is a way better value, but the FS and its tonal signature is uniquely appealing. ✌️

4A165C63-BA60-4BE1-9D1E-BEE5E2E26C78.jpeg

Feb 23, 2022 at 2:45 AM Post #5,181 of 7,306
Just making sure iv got the right ones?

SednaEarfitLight Short?​

Do you have any advice on size? Do you get the size you normally use or do you go up or down a size? I say this because i noticed they are actually made for TWS iems!
Many Thankd
yes, right ones.
for the size, I suggest you try different sizes, sometimes there are offerings with a bundle of different sizes like this
https://www.mtmtaudio.com/collectio...r-monitor-iem-earphone?variant=32389969674300
I use my usual M, but again this is very personal, so YMMV

Feb 23, 2022 at 6:35 AM Post #5,182 of 7,306
Just finished listening to the Mason FS and Indigo and here are some impressions using my Lotoo Ti and the Attila cable since I sold my M3 cable:

1) the Mason FS has a smoother presentation in the mids and trebles whereas the Indigo has an elevated lower treble that more readily reveals recording quality deficiencies. It’s sharper sounding while the FS is creamier.

2) the Mason FS has a headphone like stage but the Indigo is able to tease out more micro-detail behind one’s head giving the sense of a deeper stage. Could just be the difference in the shells and how they make contact with one’s ears.

3) the mid-bass on the Indigo is punchier than the Mason FS.

For half the price of the Mason FS, the Indigo is a way better value, but the FS and its tonal signature is uniquely appealing. ✌️

4A165C63-BA60-4BE1-9D1E-BEE5E2E26C78.jpeg
Thanks for your impressions,
I have some reservations for blind buying Indigo and hesitating wether Mason FS is a better choice. But after reading impressions amd review from this thread looks like Indigo signature might suit me better.
*🤞

Feb 23, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #5,183 of 7,306
curious how many people got the MEST OG first them moved on to the mkii and how many just went straight to the mkii
and who has the mest OG but still and hasn't tried or bought the mkii .
Got the MEST OG shortly before the mkii was announced and still have no regrets. I have not listened to the mkii and don't feel like I need to "upgrade." I have no comfort issues with the OG, and early reports that the mkii does not sound quite as spacious put an end to my desire to have them. I absolutely love the OG.

The genres of music I frequently listen to (metal, indie, electronic) as well as other available options in my collection have also influenced this decision to hang onto the OG. I have an Ety ER4SR I prefer for jazz and other more acoustic leaning music as the OG do have some mild coherency issues. Also have a FiR VxV on the way to complement the MEST OG.

Feb 23, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #5,184 of 7,306
I see that you have M17 and 300Max, may i know how indigo sounds with them vs DX312?
I have DX312 and not sure if it’s worth it to get M17 or preowned 300MAX
Personally and based on how I'm hearing the pairing, there's more synergy with Indigo + DX312 versus M17. DX312 + Indigo is more holographic, distinct separation and musically dynamic.

Feb 24, 2022 at 7:40 AM Post #5,185 of 7,306
I’ve got an indigo incoming next week. Shanling m9, hiby r8 or fiio m17. Which should I buy for the best synergy with this iem?

Feb 24, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #5,188 of 7,306
FINALLY got my level of sub-bass on my MEST mk2! I had my ES100 EQ on a narrow Q! Once i changed it to a wide Q BOOM it came alive,it can actually rattle my brain now!
I was on the hunt for a basshead iem to compliment the mk2 but don't need to now. 😀

Feb 26, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #5,190 of 7,306
Anyone try the ePro TWS Series with the mest mkII ? Find I get the best fit from eartips with the shorter height. Been using the stock tip and jlab wireless tips.
I’m also really liking the ORIOLUS BA300S with mest and the Shanling M6 pro 21. Adding the tube sound improved bass and mids and widened soundstage.
Really happy with current setup only improvement left is a different cable. The stock sounds great but the stiffness is annoying. Thinking of trying out a graphene or waiting for a good deal pops up on the Eletech Socrates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back