Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Dec 26, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #4,831 of 7,306
The indigos are calling me..anyone here use them with the RS6? Metal music? I love my Mest MK2’s but this forum is evil.
From twister6 review of indigo
Hiby RS6 – wide soundstage, balanced sound with a slightly more mid-forward sound sig; extended sub-bass with a fast mid-bass impact, but overall bass quantity was a bit more neutral; mids are natural and detailed, high in quantity and a little more forward in presentation, and treble is airy, with plenty of sparkle, and overall extra energy. Probably the brightest treble in comparison to other daps.

Advertisements

Dec 26, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #4,832 of 7,306
From twister6 review of indigo
Hiby RS6 – wide soundstage, balanced sound with a slightly more mid-forward sound sig; extended sub-bass with a fast mid-bass impact, but overall bass quantity was a bit more neutral; mids are natural and detailed, high in quantity and a little more forward in presentation, and treble is airy, with plenty of sparkle, and overall extra energy. Probably the brightest treble in comparison to other daps.

Advertisements
Who is the girl in your Avatar? Is that your daughter?

Dec 26, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #4,834 of 7,306
Personally I've never heard iems sound more authoritive than I have on a 6w per channel Topping a30 pro.

Now 6w sounds rediculous for iems but my ears hear a substantial difference than with my 1w per channel dap. The difference mainly being weight, authority on acoustic string picks, soundstage, reverb, etc... Basically everything is just bigger, heavier, and in a sense...better. my opinion of course.
Driving iems with that amp, how much range do you have with the volume control?

Dec 26, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #4,835 of 7,306
I’ve been spending a lot of time listening to my two newest acquisitions together, the Lotoo PGT Ti and the Mest Indigo. I’m finding a peak in the low treble area which was pretty much ameliorated by using my UM Attila cable, and the stage is much bigger as well with this flagship cable.

So after 400 hours on the Ti and about 150 hours on the Indigo, I’m very happy with the Indigo, but I’m likely going to sell the stock Copper M3, so if anyone is interested, send me a PM. The price will be very reasonable. ✌️

Dec 26, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #4,836 of 7,306
Thing is.. Full potential = what you heard so far.

A massive rabbit hole... And im in it.....just save yourselves.

Unless you are less stupid than i am, that is lol.
Thank you! Yup it took me a while to get out of that rabbit hole …but they pull me back innnn…

Dec 26, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #4,837 of 7,306
I’ve been spending a lot of time listening to my two newest acquisitions together, the Lotoo PGT Ti and the Mest Indigo. I’m finding a peak in the low treble area which was pretty much ameliorated by using my UM Attila cable, and the stage is much bigger as well with this flagship cable.

So after 400 hours on the Ti and about 150 hours on the Indigo, I’m very happy with the Indigo, but I’m likely going to sell the stock Copper M3, so if anyone is interested, send me a PM. The price will be very reasonable. ✌️
What termination is the cable?

Dec 26, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #4,840 of 7,306
Dec 27, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #4,841 of 7,306
For those who have indigo, I would highly recommend the pw first times, a good pair which can give you an extreme natural sound.
Indigo is my current #1 iem, I like it more than my u18s and qdc v14. However I would not say indigo better than u18s or v14, just personal preference :)
Looking for comparison of the indigo and ve phoenix, hope you guys can help, thx:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-27-14-14-57-1.png
    Screenshot_2021-12-27-14-14-57-1.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Dec 27, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #4,842 of 7,306
For those who have indigo, I would highly recommend the pw first times, a good pair which can give you an extreme natural sound.
Indigo is my current #1 iem, I like it more than my u18s and qdc v14. However I would not say indigo better than u18s or v14, just personal preference :)
Looking for comparison of the indigo and ve phoenix, hope you guys can help, thx:)
hi @Dragonite820 , would you be able to share more? is this a new cable?

Dec 27, 2021 at 5:12 AM Post #4,843 of 7,306
hi @Dragonite820 , would you be able to share more? is this a new cable?
The DBC driver enhanced the coherence of indigo's frequency, improved the soundsatge to be more "3D" and more close to reality, and the 2 added EST drivers made the treble to be smoother and better extended, which means the treble becomes more controlled and realistic. To conclude it, indigo is an all arounder, nothing less and nothing over.
About the pw audio first times, I think you can check out the info from agent, Peter Wong said the first times is a natural sound cable, compared to another flagship orpheus, in other words, first times is more accurate and close to reality, it will bring a balanced improvement to iems, and the first times shared the same structure with orpheus but different type of copper.
Suggest to try it:)

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #4,844 of 7,306
Just joined the mest mk2 club

Driving them with dx300 these are just awesome. And this is coming from Stella I’m reaching out for these more at the moment.

The best surprise for me was fit. I’ve been though 7-8 IEMs and sell all of them on because of fit. these actually stay in my ear and don’t drop out like other IEMs.

This was my last shot at IEMs I was convinced I don’t need these IEMs (not much travel lately and WFH) hence was planning to sell them on after 2 days of use They are keepers for now :)

Dec 27, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #4,845 of 7,306
Just joined the mest mk2 club

Driving them with dx300 these are just awesome. And this is coming from Stella I’m reaching out for these more at the moment.

The best surprise for me was fit. I’ve been though 7-8 IEMs and sell all of them on because of fit. these actually stay in my ear and don’t drop out like other IEMs.

This was my last shot at IEMs I was convinced I don’t need these IEMs (not much travel lately and WFH) hence was planning to sell them on after 2 days of use They are keepers for now :)
Just wait till you have about 100 hours on them and everything settles. They really open up and micro details start to really shine. Imaging is better too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back