Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Oct 21, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #4,306 of 7,306
Spinfit CP1025 is another interesting tip for MEST MKII if you decide that you prefer a wide bore tip. I can see it being a problem in terms of a seal for some people but is worth a try. I'd like to be able to get a hold of a couple spare sets of the medium stock "Blue Heart" silicone tips but they don't seem to be available separately. The CP1025 is one of my back-ups for the stock tips.

Oct 21, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #4,307 of 7,306
Spinfit CP1025 is another interesting tip for MEST MKII if you decide that you prefer a wide bore tip. I can see it being a problem in terms of a seal for some people but is worth a try. I'd like to be able to get a hold of a couple spare sets of the medium stock "Blue Heart" silicone tips but they don't seem to be available separately. The CP1025 is one of my back-ups for the stock tips.
Contact Andrew. He sent me 2 extra sets.

Oct 21, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #4,309 of 7,306
hey folks, i'm inlove with mest mk2 and curious if there are any full-size headphones that reproduce mk2's sound at least for 90%, exact tonality and resolution?
if someone had such an experience pls share some info. thanks in advance!
While I understand your urge to seek MESTy goodness in over-ear form, that's sort of like asking if we have any apples that look and taste exactly like an orange. Unfortunately, no, we don't. lol

I do sometimes think ZMF Verite & MEST share some characteristics in very broad strokes - smooth delivery, uniquely 3d imaging, bass-y & warm but still with excellent mid & treble detail. I would not, however, say they have the same tonality.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #4,311 of 7,306
Oct 22, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #4,312 of 7,306
Was just looking at the pw 1960 since it’s on sale at musicthek. Still outa my price range but noticed a few review say it’s a good match with the mest. Anyone know what the warranty is on these cables?

Oct 22, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #4,313 of 7,306
Folks, i am incredibility grateful for the insights on this thread. I stumbled upon UM MEST MKii after a long search and even though it stretched my budget, I am really glad that I managed to make it work. And the comments on the last 5 pages or so about being surrounded in Music deeply resonate with me.

One question is what kind of Portable DAC/AMP will be a good complement to mest ?
I have tried to find something on the below criteria
1) Works on battery power and has reasonable hours say between 5-8 hours. Anything longer is obviously preferable.​
2) It is priced between 250 and 600 USD. If there are strong recommendation would be willing to go slightly higher as well.​
3) I want to try an non ESS chip [ nothing against ESS just want to try different companies and chips. AKM fire really gutted availability of many devices]​
4) I listen to mainly classical FLACs so i really don't need streaming, DSD, MQA features[ atleast for now :wink:; I am sure upgraditis will infect me sooner or later]​

Based on the availability in my country, I kind of narrowed it down to Ifi. there are stock issues but maybe, I might get lucky with one of your suggestions.

There is another option of Xduoo XD-05 plus which meets most of my criteria. However, I have read there are hissing issues with IEMs due it is high power output and is more suited for headphones rather than IEMs. Has anyone used Xduoo XD-05 plus with their mest ? The option of rolling OP-AMPS quite excites me and am willing to give this a try if it seems like a good fit to mest.

Thanks is advance.

Oct 22, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #4,314 of 7,306
Folks, i am incredibility grateful for the insights on this thread. I stumbled upon UM MEST MKii after a long search and even though it stretched my budget, I am really glad that I managed to make it work. And the comments on the last 5 pages or so about being surrounded in Music deeply resonate with me.

One question is what kind of Portable DAC/AMP will be a good complement to mest ?
I have tried to find something on the below criteria
1) Works on battery power and has reasonable hours say between 5-8 hours. Anything longer is obviously preferable.​
2) It is priced between 250 and 600 USD. If there are strong recommendation would be willing to go slightly higher as well.​
3) I want to try an non ESS chip [ nothing against ESS just want to try different companies and chips. AKM fire really gutted availability of many devices]​
4) I listen to mainly classical FLACs so i really don't need streaming, DSD, MQA features[ atleast for now :wink:; I am sure upgraditis will infect me sooner or later]​

Based on the availability in my country, I kind of narrowed it down to Ifi. there are stock issues but maybe, I might get lucky with one of your suggestions.

There is another option of Xduoo XD-05 plus which meets most of my criteria. However, I have read there are hissing issues with IEMs due it is high power output and is more suited for headphones rather than IEMs. Has anyone used Xduoo XD-05 plus with their mest ? The option of rolling OP-AMPS quite excites me and am willing to give this a try if it seems like a good fit to mest.

Thanks is advance.
Well I use the Hiby R5 Saber which uses the flagship Cirrus DAC chips the CS43198. I fell for the Cirrus chips when I first used my Topping D30 Pro desktop dac and never looked back. I found the Hiby slightly used on the forums for under $300 and the MEST shines on it. Large open airy soundstage, great layering, separation of instruments, imagining, resolution etc... It fits the bill for me as of now. Also, they have the M11 Pro which uses AKM dac thats a good DAP you could find relatively cheap.

The MEST IMO is so good that DAP choice these days isnt as much a concern as tips are. Finding the correct fitting tip for the MEST is absolutely crucial. Its taken me personally a couple hundred dollars in tips to find the right fit. The SPinFit DoubleFlange Ive mentioned in this thread several times is what works for me and boy does it work! Perfect seal everytime and very easy to get that seal. No more wiggling to get the right fit. So I wouldnt be too concerned with DAP choice right now in your price range. Get something that you like the look of, has the DAC chip you prefer and try and find something thats easy to deal with. My Hiby is so small and portable I can put it in my back pocket and walk around work with my Mest in my ears with no problems at all. Totally portable solution and that makes it fun for me.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #4,315 of 7,306
Was just looking at the pw 1960 since it’s on sale at musicthek. Still outa my price range but noticed a few review say it’s a good match with the mest. Anyone know what the warranty is on these cables?
Not to sure about the warranty on the cables but I will say this.... @Auricon uses the MEST and he has basically the entire line of Eletech cables and he chooses the Socrates to use with MEST everytime. Maybe he can chime in and give his opinion. :L3000:

Oct 22, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #4,316 of 7,306
Think I found the tips I like best for me are. At first thought the jvc spiral tips where the best but after more tip rolling found the jvc fit well but are a tad to tall and wasn’t getting the bone contact needed. For my ears I need something not as tall so tried the epro and wasn’t getting a good seal with them.

Ended up in a tossup btw the stock tips and the BGVP 07 since there almost the same size. The stock tips are difficult to put on and remove so there going stay on for now. For my ears there a perfect fit and really brings out the best in the mest. I’m not sure if it’s I getting more burnin of the mest or right tips but wow they came to life.

Thought mest where great when first got them but something happened to them today, the sound improved to the point it’s blowing my mind. The music is no longer coming from the earphones it above below behind heck it’s all around me. If close my eyes it like being at a live event I now understand why these are so loved.

Never experience sound like this and think my Brian needed time to process the bone contact aspect. It’s like my high end home system yet different due to the smaller size of the earphones. My brain coulda place the sound like it can on my 7.1 system. Or whatever lol I’m just guessing at this point my emotional feelings to these are in overdrive. The quality of the sound just sends a shiver thru me.

There’s just something with music the beat rhythm sound an memories that triggers something in the brain. I feels this effects you in positive ways for me it’s a way to escape from pain to a better state of mind. It makes you feel good and the better the quality the better the emotional feeling is.

Sorry for the long winded rant, the bottom line for me,
is the mest is the best:).

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #4,317 of 7,306
Think I found the tips I like best for me are. At first thought the jvc spiral tips where the best but after more tip rolling found the jvc fit well but are a tad to tall and wasn’t getting the bone contact needed. For my ears I need something not as tall so tried the epro and wasn’t getting a good seal with them.

Ended up in a tossup btw the stock tips and the BGVP 07 since there almost the same size. The stock tips are difficult to put on and remove so there going stay on for now. For my ears there a perfect fit and really brings out the best in the mest. I’m not sure if it’s I getting more burnin of the mest or right tips but wow they came to life.

Thought mest where great when first got them but something happened to them today, the sound improved to the point it’s blowing my mind. The music is no longer coming from the earphones it above below behind heck it’s all around me. If close my eyes it like being at a live event I now understand why these are so loved.

Never experience sound like this and think my Brian needed time to process the bone contact aspect. It’s like my high end home system yet different due to the smaller size of the earphones. My brain coulda place the sound like it can on my 7.1 system. Or whatever lol I’m just guessing at this point my emotional feelings to these are in overdrive. The quality of the sound just sends a shiver thru me.

There’s just something with music the beat rhythm sound an memories that triggers something in the brain. I feels this effects you in positive ways for me it’s a way to escape from pain to a better state of mind. It makes you feel good and the better the quality the better the emotional feeling is.

Sorry for the long winded rant, the bottom line for me,
is the mest is the best:).
Absolutely music can be a really uplifting thing. Does it for me everyday and throughout most of the day. Especially at work. When things get hectic at work I put my earphones in and Im in my own world. I tend to get more done and find myself doing it with a smile on my face.

BTW I sit in front of a computer most of the day.

Oct 22, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #4,318 of 7,306
Was thinking and wonder how many folks miss out on checking out the Mest sound due to where the information on them is on headfi. You think this thread would be under portable headphone, earphones and in ear monitors.

Kept hearing people talking about them on other threads and spent half hour going thru portable headphones before doing a search. Just struck me as odd the info was placed here instead of under earphones.

Not to sure about the warranty on the cables but I will say this.... @Auricon uses the MEST and he has basically the entire line of Eletech cables and he chooses the Socrates to use with MEST everytime. Maybe he can chime in and give his opinion. :L3000:

Yes just found the Eletech thread and reading thru it. Sounds like a company that I’m would be happy supporting. Looks like the Socrates are sold out. Do you still have a Eletech cable @14christ?

Oct 23, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #4,319 of 7,306
Hola 14 cristo te sigo en este hilo una pegunta me encantaría tener el MEST MK 2 pero vivo en España y no hay vendedor aquí y tengo miedo a la aduana y aranceles tengo el ibasso it07 y solaris 2020 que los pongo con fiio m11 plus ltd y suenan genial la pregunta es tengo estos 2 iems deveria ir a por el MEST MK2? Gracias y te siguo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back